PDA

View Full Version : BP

wolfdancer
06-08-2010, 04:55 PM
The Motley Fool weighs in on this worst U.S. environmental disaster ever, in recorded history.
http://WWW.fool.com/

"You'd think that a reasonable company would have a plan in place to handle emergencies such as the Deepwater Horizon disaster. But as the weeks drag on since BP's oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico caught fire and collapsed, the company still doesn't seem to have a clue.

Why you should be indignant: Oil from the disastrous spill has already reached the Louisiana marshlands. Scientists now fear that it's reached the Loop Current, where it could travel to threaten the Florida Keys' coral reefs before moving up the East Coast. Ponder the long-term impacts to wildlife and the ecosystem; dead marine animals have already started washing up on shore. (When you start messing with our friends the bottle-nosed dolphins, oh man, I really get steamed.)

Beyond the environmental impact, let's talk cold economics. This disaster threatens fishermen's basic livelihoods, the affected states' tourism industries, and countless folks' quality of life. Louisiana's fishing sector represents $3 billion of the state's economy, and the Gulf is responsible for somewhere between one-fifth and one-third of our nation's fish and shellfish. About 19% of federal waters in the area have been closed, dealing a horrible blow to the seafood industry. That will have ripple effects for many businesses, including a likely spike in seafood prices.

So far, the most striking insult has been the litany of possible fixes BP has trotted out over the weeks, each less successful than the last. First we had the "top hat" and the "junk shot." Now BP's talking up the "dynamic kill" method, in which the company will attempt to pump "kill mud" into the hole. This word salad's driving me nuts, and it only convinces me further that these folks don't know what to do!

BP CEO Tony Hayward deserves star billing for this fiasco. According to The Wall Street Journal, he recently admitted that "it's 'probably true' that BP didn't do enough planning in advance of the disaster." And The New York Times reports that he once lamented, "What the hell did we do to deserve this?" (I'm sure the folks who live and work along the Gulf Coast will all shed a tear for him.) Hayward's self-centered remarks make Toyota's (NYSE: TM) recent safety problems and management missteps look like child's play.

What now: The outrageous unpreparedness BP has shown amid this disaster is mind-blowing. This is no fly-by-night operation; it's a major oil company that generated $16.6 billion in profit last year. However unlikely a catastrophe like this might have seemed, the company's lack of any emergency plan seems just brain-shatteringly stupid. The blame game that BP, Halliburton (NYSE: HAL), and Transocean (NYSE: RIG) all played a couple of weeks ago doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, either.

WSJ recently exposed the oil industry's inadequate disaster plans for the dangers of deepwater drilling. Both Chevron (NYSE: CVX) and Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) have had serious issues on offshore platforms in the last 10 years. The paper also revealed that in a 2004 trade journal article, two BP managers concluded that although BP responded well to an earlier incident, "it had 'less focus' on the longer term and wasn't prepared for the nearly two weeks of round-the-clock response even the fairly small spill required."

Have corporate managers forgotten that truly good businesses need contingency plans for worst-case scenarios? Are they too busy patting one another on the back to ponder how things might go wrong? This short-sightedness isn't just the oil industry's problem; Wall Street seemed blithely unaware that "liar loans" and interest-only mortgages might one day blow up in their faces.

Responsibility and ethics are common-sense capitalism. Chasing short-term profits while pretending that nothing can ever go wrong is downright idiotic. Even the supposedly unsinkable Titanic went down without enough lifeboats for all its passengers. We all should have learned a lesson from that. The Deepwater Horizon disaster, and BP's blundering, ineffectual response to it, shows that some of us clearly haven't.

Sev
06-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Good find Wolfi.

LWW
06-09-2010, 05:50 AM
As much as I agree with the premise, I find it ironic that it came from a site called "FOOL" as it ignores 2 clear cut pieces of reality:

1 - BP had to have it's plan, for such a disaster, approved by the feds.

2 - That plan was approved, but the regime refused to implement it.

3 - The state of Louisiana had a plan to defend the shorelines in place almost immediately ... the regime refused to grant permission to implement it until it was too late.

Nothing can hide the fact that the suit has no emperor.

LWW

hondo
06-09-2010, 05:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As much as I agree with the premise, I find it ironic that it came from a site called "FOOL" as it ignores 2 clear cut pieces of reality:

3 - The state of Louisiana had a plan to defend the shorelines in place almost immediately ... the regime refused to grant permission to implement it until it was too late.

LWW </div></div>

BP had a plan in case this happened and the Obama people refused
to implement it???
Can you point me to a link other than a Right wing blog that verifies that accusation?
Thanks in advance.

eg8r
06-09-2010, 06:04 PM
I would be interested in reading this also. I definitely would like to read something that does not come from some newspaper editor, but maybe a real life bill or proof of a real life bill that was voted against.

eg8r

hondo
06-09-2010, 06:51 PM
He's made a terrible accusation, Ed. I'm curious as to what legitimate source he can comeup with.

wolfdancer
06-09-2010, 10:21 PM
talk about an "empty suit".....I don't know who comes up with more off the wall crap then him, or the "other guy"

hondo
06-10-2010, 06:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As much as I agree with the premise, I find it ironic that it came from a site called "FOOL" as it ignores 2 clear cut pieces of reality:

LWW </div></div>

to implement it???
Can you point me to a link other than a Right wing blog that verifies that accusation?
Thanks in advance. </div></div>

Still scouring the Right Wing blogs? Larry, you have made a serious accusation.
Show us some LEGITIMATE links.

hondo
06-10-2010, 06:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As much as I agree with the premise, I find it ironic that it came from a site called "FOOL" as it ignores 2 clear cut pieces of reality:

LWW </div></div>

to implement it???

Bump for Larry.

Gayle in MD
06-10-2010, 09:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As much as I agree with the premise, I find it ironic that it came from a site called "FOOL" as it ignores 2 clear cut pieces of reality:

LWW </div></div>

to implement it???

Still scouring the Right Wing blogs? Larry, you have made a serious accusation.
Show us some LEGITIMATE links. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Don't even bother waiting for Little Wonkie, it's a lie.

Just another lie that the right is spreading around, because deep down they know, this is a result of the Crooked Bush Cheney behind closed doors, deal making and deregulation.

Take a good look all of you drill baby drill nutcasess....this is what the Republican deregulation policies end up looking like, </span> a devastated G.O.M., with all of the oil covered dyng animals. Yet, the SOUTHERNERS are still calling for more drilling.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

LWW
06-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Here you go ... your beloved state, even under the Clinton regime, approved the plan and the feds were supposed to implement it.

Problem is ... the regime screwed the pooch.

Again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If U.S. officials had followed up on a 1994 response plan for a major Gulf oil spill, it is possible that the spill could have been kept under control and far from land.

The problem: The federal government did not have a single fire boom on hand.

View full size(AP Photo/U.S. Coast Guard, Petty Officer 1st Class Justin Sawyer)
This April 28, 2010 image made from video released by the Deepwater Horizon Response Unified Command, shows an in situ burn in the Gulf of Mexico, in response to the oil spill after the explosion on the Deepwater Horizon.
The "In-Situ Burn" plan produced by federal agencies in 1994 calls for responding to a major oil spill in the Gulf with the immediate use of fire booms.

But in order to conduct a successful test burn eight days after the Deepwater Horizon well began releasing massive amounts of oil into the Gulf, officials had to purchase one from a company in Illinois. </div></div>

D'OH! (http://blog.al.com/live/2010/05/fire_boom_oil_spill_raines.html)

Now ... would you like to embarrass yourself further and argue that the regime didn't drag it's feet on the Louisiana plan until it was too late?

I find this quite telling being that the thread has drifted into the far left's inability to recognize reality or retrieve facts from history.

LWW

LWW
06-10-2010, 01:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Don't even bother waiting for <s>Little Wonkie</s> <s> it's a lie</s> he'll just thump your bravo sierra with the truth.

</div></div>

I fixd that for you.

LWW

eg8r
06-10-2010, 01:47 PM
This is all after the fact type stuff. This plan only addresses what happens IF there is a leak. What about any safety measures/precautions to be taken to PREVENT this from happening the way it did?

eg8r

eg8r
06-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Gayle, instead of you wasting time with your partisan BS why don't you just document the exact deal making and deregulation you are speaking about.

lww already gave a very specific example that clinton, W and obama all screwed up on.

eg8r

wolfdancer
06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Even Tiger Woods has now been caught up in this mess:
(warning, the coitus colloquialism word is mentioned)
TW (http://www.borowitzreport.com/2010/06/07/tiger-at-least-i-didnt-fuck-the-entire-gulf-of-mexico/)

wolfdancer
06-10-2010, 04:33 PM
news flash!!....the lww/teach think tank, now places the blame on Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Parker Bowles. Next update will be at 11pm, after they have had their nap.

pooltchr
06-10-2010, 05:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">news flash!!....the lww/teach think tank, now places the blame on Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Parker Bowles. Next update will be at 11pm, after they have had their nap. </div></div>

Once again, you just can't post without talking about me, can you?
Where in this thread did I mention any of those three?
What's that? I didn't?
You just can't help yourself. Amazing, for someone who claims to have no interest in my posts!
Steve

wolfdancer
06-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Aw shucks Bubba, I was only funning.
I know that you didn't mention Parker Bowles.

pooltchr
06-10-2010, 05:49 PM
You said you wished to see more humor, and you can't even see it when it is right under your nose.

Steve

LWW
06-10-2010, 06:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, instead of you wasting time with your partisan BS why don't you just document the exact deal making and deregulation you are speaking about.

lww already gave a very specific example that clinton, W and obama all screwed up on.

eg8r </div></div>

You seem confused ... I'm not giving anyone a pass for not following safety regs.

My point on deep water drilling has always been that a spill such as this was inevitable no matter what precautions were taken. We have leaks in land based wells so this was a fait accompli.

Now ... had we been doing drilling in saner conditions an accident like this would never have developed into what it has.

LWW

LWW
06-10-2010, 06:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">news flash!!....the lww/teach think tank, now places the blame on Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Parker Bowles. Next update will be at 11pm, after they have had their nap. </div></div>

No matter how low the bar is set ... can you ever post truthfully?

LWW

hondo
06-10-2010, 08:17 PM
So, you're saying they deliberately didn't have a fire boom on hand because they wanted this to happen?

I'm trying to understand your assertion that they deliberately
ignored BPs plan in hand. I really am, Larry.

You seem to think you have proved your assertion. Does anybody else see that he has done this?

It often seems to me that when Larry can't dazzle you with brilliance, he tries to baffle you with bullshit.

hondo
06-10-2010, 08:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, instead of you wasting time with your partisan BS why don't you just document the exact deal making and deregulation you are speaking about.

eg8r </div></div>

You seem confused ... I'm not giving anyone a pass for not following safety regs.

My point on deep water drilling has always been that a spill such as this was inevitable no matter what precautions were taken. We have leaks in land based wells so this was a fait accompli.

Now ... had we been doing drilling in saner conditions an accident like this would never have developed into what it has.

LWW </div></div>

Again, where have you backed up your assertion that BP had a plan in hand which the Obama administration deliberately ignored?

You appear to be saying something quite different now.

I'm not interested in making a fool of you, Larry.
I'm just wanting you to support your very serious assertions with facts.
So far, you've fallen way short.

pooltchr
06-10-2010, 09:01 PM
How tough is it to put two and two together?
1994...a plan is put in place to deal with a potential major oil spill in the gulf. The plan involved using fire booms.
2010...A major oil spill occurs in the gulf, and there are no fire booms available to impliment the plan.
Somebody screwed up!!!
The Coast Guard is charged with environmental clean up in our waters.
The Coast Guard is part of the US military, and therefore, comes under the ultimate control of the Commander in Chief.
10 days after the explosion, our government is looking to purchase fire booms.
Obama stated 3 weeks ago that he has been in charge since the explosion.
So it's obvious....we need to blame Bush!!!

Now, just so we are straight, I do not blame the administration for this disaster. This is entirely the fault of BP using shortcuts. I do fault the administration for failing to take immediate steps to minimize the impact of the spill on the gulf coast. Here we are, nearly two months later, and they still don't have a plan to clean up the oil that just continues to come ashore. How much of a pass should we give them???

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-11-2010, 06:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, you're saying they deliberately didn't have a fire boom on hand because they wanted this to happen?

I'm trying to understand your assertion that they deliberately
ignored BPs plan in hand. I really am, Larry.

You seem to think you have proved your assertion. Does anybody else see that he has done this?

It often seems to me that when Larry can't dazzle you with brilliance, he tries to baffle you with bullshit. </div></div>

When did he ever dazzle anyone here with brilliance? It's been baffling BS from day one.

g.

pooltchr
06-11-2010, 07:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's been baffling BS from day one.

g. </div></div>

Baffling, only to those without the capacity to try and understand.

Steve

hondo
06-11-2010, 07:52 AM
.Maybe you miss my point though I can't see how.
I understand what was said.
I was simply responding to this post by Larry:

That implies deliberate negligence on the current administration's part.
You don't appear to agree with that and even Larry is backtracking.

Words mean something, Hoss.

hondo
06-11-2010, 07:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's been baffling BS from day one.

g. </div></div>

Steve </div></div>

Steve, WADR, I'm starting to agree with Wolfie.
You do seem to suggest over and over again that you are a lot smarter than those who disagree with you.

I'm sorry, friend, but I just can't see it.

You even made this statement: "Now, just so we are straight, I do not blame the administration for this disaster. This is entirely the fault of BP using shortcuts."

Clearly negating Larry's nasty allegations.
Then you turn around and imply that you and Larry are so sharp.
Have a friend or your wife read your posts and see if they agree that you are displaying a massive intellect. Just suggesting.

LWW
06-11-2010, 08:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's been baffling BS from day one.

g. </div></div>

Steve </div></div>

You do seem to suggest over and over again that you are a lot smarter than those who disagree with you.

You even made this statement: "Now, just so we are straight, I do not blame the administration for this disaster. This is entirely the fault of BP using shortcuts."

Have a friend or your wife read your posts and see if they agree that you are displaying a massive intellect. Just suggesting. </div></div>

You don't even understand the argument I have presented ... all you understand is hate and what the party tells you that you believe.

LWW

LWW
06-11-2010, 08:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Words mean something, Hoss. </div></div>

Only to those with the cognitive skills to discern meaning from the,

On that count you have, again, failed miserably.

LWW

pooltchr
06-11-2010, 08:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's been baffling BS from day one.

g. </div></div>

Steve </div></div>

Have a friend or your wife read your posts and see if they agree that you are displaying a massive intellect. Just suggesting. </div></div>

There are two very separate issues we are dealing with.
First is the accident that resulted in the huge amount of oil being released into the gulf. That is what I balme BP for
Second is the containment and clean up of the oil to protect our coastline. That is where the government has failed miserably.

But you just go ahead and twist it around so you can justify disagreeing with me. You are learning very well.

Steve

wolfdancer
06-11-2010, 01:47 PM
The troika think tank is now not unanimous in ther assessment of who is to blame for this? It appears to be like a bit of internal friction, as lww and steve are vying for the coveted leadership role,head bubba.. with Sev waiting in the background.
If this issue is not resolved quickly....I'll be forced to listen and watch the network news, or read something besides the sports pages in my morning paper...to get the latest "insider's info"

pooltchr
06-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Another county heard from!

Just can't keep your word, can you?

Steve

wolfdancer
06-11-2010, 02:10 PM
I confess...the crap that you put out here...demands comment, derisive commentary....you may think you belong on the dias with Beck, O'Really, and Sean.....but only if you all wear clown suits

Deeman3
06-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Jack,

My trip south to clean the oil off birds and pretty beachgoers has been called off. Word is, the few they have cleaned are still dying, perhaps the dispersant they used, and they have asked us to do some other worthwhile stuff instead. I did talk to the coordinator and you were right, large marine birds to not particularly like having themsleves cleaned even it it might help. I hear they are doing better with the turtles but they already have enough "turtle cleaners" if that is the title. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

We even offered to dive, those of us certified zero visability and they aresaying they are fearful of lawsuits later from gys who might get contamination. I give up, almost. We are at least going to go down and have a dinner or two to support the local economy. If we find a not closed beach, DeeWoman will get her first open water check out dive under her pretty belly anyway. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Just a heads up, the I-pad aside from offering little feminine hygene protection is not very good at bouncing on the gorund from a wife's new Harley! At least it hit grass and at least it still turns on. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Later

pooltchr
06-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Ahhhh, I knew you couldn't ignore me. You LOVE me!!!!!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

eg8r
06-11-2010, 07:16 PM
LOL, I did not know you bought an iPad. How did you like it before bouncing it like a ball?

eg8r

hondo
06-11-2010, 07:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Words mean something, Hoss. </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Why do you continue to be snarky? Can't you at least try to be civil?

hondo
06-11-2010, 07:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's been baffling BS from day one.

g. </div></div>

Steve </div></div>

But you just go ahead and twist it around so you can justify disagreeing with me. You are learning very well.

Steve </div></div>

LOL! You certainly said a mouthful there.
Larry is my hero.

LWW
06-12-2010, 04:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Words mean something, Hoss. </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Why do you continue to be snarky? Can't you at least try to be civil? </div></div>

Because my patience for those who are willfully ignorant, passive aggressive, and constantly trolling is tapped out.

LWW

hondo
06-12-2010, 06:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Words mean something, Hoss. </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Why do you continue to be snarky? Can't you at least try to be civil? </div></div>

Because my patience for those who are willfully ignorant, passive aggressive, and constantly trolling is tapped out.

LWW </div></div>

Then why not ignore them rather than continue the hate?

Deeman3
06-12-2010, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I did not know you bought an iPad. How did you like it before bouncing it like a ball?

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ed,

It is really pretty nice. I waited for the 3G and am glad I did. My Wi Fi here at work is good but there are not amny others around this neck of the woods.

The i-pad suffered no damage but the damn thng looks so cool, you don't want to put a scratch on it. I never had an I-phone so it all new to me. It is doing it's purpose which was to keep me from having to lug around the laptop when on the bike or just driving around or sitting in the yard. It is fast, it is great for graphics which I love to do. I bought the aluminum separate keyboard so, when I really need to write I am not stuck with the on-screen version.

I like the battery life, not having to wait for the long boot up process and momvies do great on it. The aps are nice but you get the feeling that Apple is hoggin the market on them for now. It is nt a full computer but, in many ways, is better just because of that. I love the GPS ap, the built in compass and downloading book, for instance in a flash.

Downside, Google would be able to search out much more scanitly clad gals. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I would reccommend it for anyone who is tired of lugging a laptop around as I was. It is a toy, but a heck of one. I paid $849 for the 64 w/3g and about $25 or so for service but can cancel at anytime, no contract. </span>

pooltchr
06-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Since AT&T is the only place you can go for service, I guess they figure they don't need to tie you down with a contract. You spend almost a grand for the darn thing, they figure you are going to want to keep it working.

I read that it will be a couple of years before Verizon and others can offer service to the I-toys, so I'm guessing you are safe for a little while.

Steve

LWW
06-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Because I can ... and thanks for finally admitting that y'all are motivated by hate.

I already knew it, but it must be cleansing for you to get it off your chest.

LWW

hondo
06-12-2010, 10:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because I can ... and thanks for finally admitting that y'all are motivated by hate.

I already knew it, but it must be cleansing for you to get it off your chest.

LWW </div></div>

I don't hate you, Larry. I love you.
Why do you think I hate you?
Why can't I disagree with you and Steve without all the name-calling?

hondo
06-12-2010, 10:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Words mean something, Hoss. </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Then why not ignore them rather than continue the hate? </div></div>

Quote LWW: " Because I can."
That really says it all , doesn't it, my friends.

So sad that a man in his 50s, obviously with a high school education, chooses to behave in that fashion. So sad.

LWW
06-13-2010, 12:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why can't I disagree with you and Steve without all the name-calling? </div></div>

Because that would be rational adult behavior on your part.

Thanks for confessing again.

LWW

hondo
06-13-2010, 06:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why can't I disagree with you and Steve without all the name-calling? </div></div>

Because that would be rational adult behavior on your part.

Thanks for confessing again.

LWW </div></div>

No problem. If saying I love you and your brothers in the Bush is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
Go to church today, Larry. Maybe they'll talk about unconditional love.
This forum will still be here when you get back.
Jesus loves you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSbNWl8m6Y

wolfdancer
06-13-2010, 12:15 PM
I thought it a great idea for you both to volunteer....but think it wise to do as that old, 1957 movie suggested: "Don't Go Near The Water"
You are a scuba diver ?.
I never heard about the zero visability certificate.
I've looked through a periscope in the waters near the Bahamas, and there was still light at a few hundred ft down...I could see some marine life.
AND....speaking of Harley's.....a friend is in town,and as a CPN,... certified pool nut, we have been making all the tournaments,and yesterday we went to Portland, a good pool bar that is always crowded to begin with.....there was some kind of motorcycle rally, mostly Hogs, and I guessed around 50-60 bikes, but somebody mentioned 150 cyclists, so my guesstimate was low?
They were oblivious to the fact that there was a pool tournament going on... I was out in 4 matches, I should have just dumped and left after two...