PDA

View Full Version : Congress shows Israel support

Qtec
06-09-2010, 01:09 AM
link (http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=177917)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rep. Barney Frank: If Canada were Hamas our blockade would be tougher.

More than a dozen senators and over 60 members of the House of Representatives have issued statements since the flotilla interception last Monday, with almost all of them overwhelmingly supportive of Israel.

In the Senate, former presidential candidate John Kerry (DMA) said that “Israel has every right in the world to make certain that weapons are not being smuggled in after the thousands of rockets that have been fired on it from Gaza... It is not just Israel conducting this blockade; it is Israel and Egypt. So you begin that Israel has this right to protect itself.”

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) noted that “Israel has an obligation to protect its citizens and therefore has a clear right under international law to prevent weapons from getting in the hands of terrorists determined to target them. Israel indicated it was willing to put in place a process to ensure that legitimate humanitarian relief reached Gaza. Unfortunately this offer was rejected. Israel has pledged to carry out a transparent and thorough investigation of this incident, and I look forward to its findings.”

Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT) said, “We should be very clear about who is responsible for the unfortunate loss of life in the attempt to break the blockade in Gaza. Hamas and its allies are the responsible parties for the recent violence and the continued difficulties for the people of Gaza. Israel exercised her legitimate right of self defense.”

Lieberman said he appreciated “the way in which the Obama administration has refused to join the international herd that has rushed to convict Israel before the facts were known and has apparently forgotten that Israel is a democratic nation and Hamas is a terrorist group.” </div></div>

How many lies and distortions can you spot?

Q
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Israel is a <u>democratic nation</u> and Hamas is a terrorist group.” </div></div> <span style="color: #CC0000">.....who won an election ...you dumb FK....AArrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

Lieberman is slime, a snake in the grass.

Qtec
06-09-2010, 01:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'> America is Primarily at Fault for the Conflict in Gaza</span>

If you're a conservative reading this, I know what you're thinking - typical liberal. Part of the blame America first crowd. How could this war between the Israelis and Palestinians be America's fault?

First, I love America. I chose to be an American. I think this is the greatest country on earth. And part of what makes it great is that it is self-correcting. It can take criticism and use it to make itself better. It is a country confident enough to not shout down dissenters.

So, let me offer you something you hardly ever hear in the American media. T<span style='font-size: 14pt'>he American government had a great deal to do with the outbreak of violence in the Gaza Strip right now</span>. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>The Bush administration demanded - against the advice of nearly every expert in the field and the Israeli government - that the Palestinians hold elections. They did. Hamas won.</span>

When Hamas won, we could have pulled them in toward the direction of political action and reconciliation. Instead, we chose to isolate them, start a coup against them (read this terrific article in Vanity Fair about our attempt to overthrow Hamas) and further radicalize them. We made a mockery of the idea of democracy. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>We proved to them that we never meant a word of the so-called Freedom Doctrine. </span><span style='font-size: 17pt'>We only wanted elections in which our guys won.</span></div></div>
so true (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/america-is-primarily-at-f_b_154285.html)

Q

Gayle in MD
06-09-2010, 05:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'> America is Primarily at Fault for the Conflict in Gaza</span>

If you're a conservative reading this, I know what you're thinking - typical liberal. Part of the blame America first crowd. How could this war between the Israelis and Palestinians be America's fault?

First, I love America. I chose to be an American. I think this is the greatest country on earth. And part of what makes it great is that it is self-correcting. It can take criticism and use it to make itself better. It is a country confident enough to not shout down dissenters.

So, let me offer you something you hardly ever hear in the American media. T<span style='font-size: 14pt'>he American government had a great deal to do with the outbreak of violence in the Gaza Strip right now</span>. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>The Bush administration demanded - against the advice of nearly every expert in the field and the Israeli government - that the Palestinians hold elections. They did. Hamas won.</span>

When Hamas won, we could have pulled them in toward the direction of political action and reconciliation. Instead, we chose to isolate them, start a coup against them (read this terrific article in Vanity Fair about our attempt to overthrow Hamas) and further radicalize them. We made a mockery of the idea of democracy. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>We proved to them that we never meant a word of the so-called Freedom Doctrine. </span><span style='font-size: 17pt'>We only wanted elections in which our guys won.</span></div></div>
so true (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/america-is-primarily-at-f_b_154285.html)

Q
</div></div>

Everything they touched, ended in disaster.

LWW
06-09-2010, 06:00 AM
No matter how low the bar is set ...

LWW

Sev
06-09-2010, 07:42 AM
I had high hopes at first.

Blame Bush was inevitable though.

eg8r
06-09-2010, 10:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many lies and distortions can you spot?</div></div>Only a terrorist appeaser like yourself sees any distortions.

eg8r