PDA

View Full Version : If Helen Thomas Why Not Pat Buchannon?

Gayle in MD
06-09-2010, 10:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Helen Thomas recently set off a firestorm with her comment that Jews should "get the hell out of Palestine" and "go home" to Germany or Poland. The comments resulted first, and predictably, with her apology. Over the weekend, with the heat turned up considerably, she decided to retire immediately (before she was fired). Her comments have raised a number of questions -- What was she thinking? Is she an anti-Semite? Should she lose her coveted front-row seat in the White House briefing room? However, one question immediately came to my mind when I learned of her retirement that I have yet to hear discussed: If she has to go, then why does Pat Buchanan still have a job?

Helen Thomas' view of the Israeli-Palestinian situation is out of step with mainstream American thought. She's been nearly universally condemned and rightfully so. And I'm not arguing that she's been wronged; words are weapons and sometimes, you shoot yourself. However, people should not be shocked at her comments. She is the daughter of Lebanese immigrants (no, I don't think all Lebanese think like this) and has long had very well know views on the Middle East.

Buchanan, meanwhile, has been able to successfully launder his racism through CNN, MSNBC, and as a syndicated columnist for decades despite that a career including stints in the Nixon and Reagan White House's in which he advised Nixon that Martin Luther King was "one of the most divisive men in contemporary history"; referred to the 1960 Sharpeville Massacre in South Africa as "whites mistreating a couple of blacks" (sixty-seven Blacks were killed and scores more beaten and injured); defended South African Apartheid belittling the Free South Africa Movement, and delivered that disgusting 1992 Republican National Convention speech in which he declared that the country was in a culture war and his side had to "take back our cities, take back our culture, and take back our country." Allow me to translate: Black and Brown people out of the cities, no diversity, immigrants go home.

Buchanan has often waxed nostalgically about his upbringing in segregated Washington, D.C. He has written of Blacks having their place and Whites having theirs and everyone was fine with it. As a fourth-generation Washingtonian, I'm particularly struck by his coded racism: "There were no politics to polarize us then, to magnify every slight. The negroes of Washington had their public schools, restaurants, bars, movie houses, playgrounds and churches; and we had ours." My father and Buchanan are about the same age and his stories of growing up in segregated D.C. were not anything like Buchanan's. They revolved around police oppression, out-of-date hand-me-down school books, and racism.

While my reference to Buchanan is certainly aimed at him, his inclusion here speaks to the larger phenomenon of certain kinds of people spewing racism and being treated with impunity. For me, there are more than a few people of his ilk who don't get fired for inflaming the public discourse with racist talk.

So let Helen Thomas go; she earned her unemployment (though I am concerned about the free speech implications in all this). But the public discourse requires that people of goodwill to respond forcefully to racists, so let's make sure Thomas is not alone on the "retired" list. Buchanan is far more dangerous than Thomas ever was. Otherwise, she will simply be a scapegoat in a much larger circus of hypocrites.

Michael K. Fauntroy is an associate professor of public policy at George Mason University. An author, commentator, and columnist, he blogs at MichaelFauntroy.com.

</div></div>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-fauntroy-phd/if-helen-thomas-then-why_b_603775.html

eg8r
06-09-2010, 11:00 AM
OK OK, the author wins. Pat Buchanan can now not take over the speaking engagement that Helen was dropped from.

eg8r

Deeman3
06-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Of course, Helen Thomas was supposed to be an unbiased newswoman (yeah, right?) and Pat Buchanan is a shill for MSNBC, not a hard journalist.

Anyways, Buchanan was biased by the fact he grew up in a hate filled and violent sea of below the waterline scum that is the heart and soul of Washington, D.C. That may have colored his opinion, so to speak. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
06-10-2010, 10:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course, Helen Thomas was supposed to be an unbiased newswoman (yeah, right?) and Pat Buchanan is a shill for MSNBC, not a hard journalist.

<span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Sorry, Deeman, but that is quite wrong. Buchannon has documented his racist attitudes in his own books, over many years, none of which, no doubt, you've ever read.

Helen hasn't been an unbiased reporter since she was hired by Hearst, as an <span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style='font-size: 17pt'>OPINION columnist,</span></span> years ago, but she was a trail blazer, who was loved and respected by all but Fox. She was the first women to head the press corps, and the first female president of the press club, and White House Correspondants Association, and the first in many other arenas..... and since you obviously know very little about the Washington D.C. area, most poeple in Washington are devasted for Helen, and hate having to even report on her mistaken emotional response to all of the inhumane behavior that Israel has been involved in for the last twenty years, and before....hence, outrage from so many other countries which, far more in the know about Israeli's inhumane actions, than anything that is allowed to be reported here, in the American/Jewish owned media, have forced Israel to back off of their inhumanity, or continue to have their inhumanity further exposed to the world.

Buchannon, as well as being an author, as is Helen, but in his case, as in the case of Scarborough, he is nothing but a has been wannabe, television opinion pundit.

However, since he is a rightie, no one holds him to account, just as no one holds Beck, Limpballs, Palin, and the rest of the RW bigots to account for anything, thanks in a very large degree, to the Jewish owned RW American media, which is the big difference between the right, and the reason why so many righties are uninformed not only about events right here, and even more so about events in other parts of the world, particularly as regards Israels inhumane behavior.

You see, Democratics have not lived by the "Never speak ill of a fellow Republican" kind of group think, which is the mark of the right, and hence, the rightie bigots, sexists, racists, along with the Republican representatives and pundits, are never questioned, never held to any account, hence the war on lie, which ONLY HELEN THOMAS had the courage to question from the very beginning of the cherry picked reports by the Bush Regime, and even when there is undeniable proof that Republicans have displayed reprehensive racist attitudes and actions, the videod proof is denied, in spite of the fact that we can all see with our own eyes, exactly what happened, while, for example, Republican leaders stood just feet away from horrendous racist signs, and actions, and deny having ever seen them, even when someone is spit on right in his face, and right in front of them! </span> </span>

Anyways, Buchanan was biased by the fact he grew up in a hate filled and violent sea of below the waterline scum that is the heart and soul of Washington, D.C.

<span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>That's a disgusting comment, offensive, and obviously intended to offend. Are you angry with your wife, again? </span> </span>

That may have colored his opinion, so to speak. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Pat Buchannon has been spewing racist, sexist comments for decades. It's all overlooked because the media is owned by the right.

G.</span>

Deeman3
06-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Opinion juornalists do not cover the White House Briefing, or at least are not supposed to. They are there to ask pointed questions and report on the answers. I have not trashed Helen Thomas here. I have supported her right to voiceher opinion. True she is not as sharpe as she may once have been and "slipped" by putting out her thoughts that the rest of the left media knows to keep to themselves.

I do know enough about the DC area to know how they, the liberal press corps have shown biase for years. You question if they report on Isreal's trangressions but I know they jump up and report any incident involving Isreal, and comdemn them much quicker than they do even more outrageous atrocities done by the Muslims, a group publicly promising to eliminate the Jews from the face of the earth. This gives the Jews a higher ground in my opinion and if protecting themselves in this violent world offends people in D.C, then so what?

My statement on Washington D.C. is in fact charitable to them. They are much worse than what I described. It is probably harder to see so close up.

Gayle in MD
06-10-2010, 11:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Opinion juornalists do not cover the White House Briefing, or at least are not supposed to.

<span style="color: #000066"> Sorry, You're quite wrong, again. Helen not only covered the White House longer than annyone else, she was invited to cover it, regardless of her later venue as an opinion journalist. </span>

They are there to ask pointed questions and report on the answers.

<span style="color: #000066">And no one did that better than Helen Thomas, who put herself out there out of her dedication as a member of the fourth branch of our government, a free, undauted American Press, of which she was a huge part throughout our contemporary history. </span>

I have not trashed Helen Thomas here. I have supported her right to voiceher opinion. True she is not as sharpe as she may once have been and "slipped" by putting out her thoughts that the rest of the left media knows to keep to themselves.

<span style="color: #000066">Helen is just as sharp as ever, she just had a momnetary emotional response over recent events where Israel has shot us the bird, and continued to act like a terrorist nation by commiting an act of war in international waters. Nothing she said was any worse than things I have heard many RW pundits say, and get away with completely. there are two different standards for the right, and the left, much the way it is right on this forum. </span>

I do know enough about the DC area to know how they, the liberal press corps have shown biase for years.

<span style="color: #000066">Sorry, you know nothing of Washington D.C., and your statements prove it. Surely, you aren't suggesting any more bias on the left, than on the right....but then, given your other statements, and obv ious limited knowledge on the subject, who knows, you are obviously writing about a subject about which you are surely no authority. </span>

You question if they report on Isreal's trangressions but I know they jump up and report any incident involving Isreal,

<span style="color: #000066">That proves further your stunnning ignorance on the subject. </span>

and comdemn them much quicker than they do even more outrageous atrocities done by the Muslims,

<span style="color: #000066">More of your fly over ignorance, apparently.... </span>

a group publicly promising to eliminate the Jews from the face of the earth.

<span style="color: #000066">You are now lumping the Palestinians in with Iran...and have decided that all Palestinians are terrorists, just as you think all Muslims are terrorists. Both Helen, and I, know better. </span>

This gives the Jews a higher ground in my opinion and if protecting themselves in this violent world offends people in D.C, then so what?

<span style="color: #000066">They are just as radical and viloent as any other country in that region, hence they shot at our own military, once, to keep us from learning about their inhumane activities long ago.

They respond with overkill, and then they lie about what they are doing, and they have lied and been just as violent and deceitful as any other radical couontry in the Middle East,not to mention, THEY ARE the occupiers, just as Helen stated. </span>

My statement on Washington D.C. is in fact charitable to them. They are much worse than what I described. It is probably harder to see so close up. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">You don't have a clue about Washington D.C., but then, living in Alabama, I wouldn't expect anything different from you.
G. </span>

pooltchr
06-10-2010, 11:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #000066">[b]<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Helen is just as sharp as ever</span>, G. </span> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Helen has had some serious health issues these past two years.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>She obviously isn't as sharp as she once was</span>,
G. </div></div>

This is just too easy! Amazing how you can make one statement one day, and then turn around the next day and believe the complete oppposite!

There's a word for that.

Steve

Deeman3
06-10-2010, 12:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #000066">[b]<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Helen is just as sharp as ever</span>, G. </span> </div></div>

Helen has had some serious health issues these past two years.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>She obviously isn't as sharp as she once was</span>,
G. </div></div>

This is just too easy! Amazing how you can make one statement one day, and then turn around the next day and believe the complete oppposite!

<span style="color: #FF0000">I give up! I don't know what I was thinking about attempting to have a conversation with someone who can't recall form one day to the next their statements! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I may misunderstand Washington D.C. not being a ward of the government but last I recall, They had one of the highest murder rates in the country despite having the strictist gun laws in the country, school sfilled with rows of students passed on year after year just to gethem out of the school system and into the penal system, the biggest population of parasites (government workers) most of whom are corrupt, lazy and incompetent, a breaucracy that makes Pennsylvania looks simple, a social welafre system that makes Detroit look frugal.

Do people think it is just chance that most failing metropolitan areas are majority Democrats or is it just me? Anyone think that a poll of prisons, career criminals and people on the multi-generational welfare rolls, gangs, ineffective teacher's unions as well as "job for life" leach poisitions in society won't track Democratic 10 to 1?

I know, that is not PC but anyone who loves Washington so much and touts it's many great qualities should have no problem walking down all of it's streets at any hour. At least in Alabama, outside the Democrat's strongholds of Montgomery, Huntsville and Birmingham, we can walk to the corner without too many drug dealers shooting at us. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Maybe a few of us are not as sharp as we once were! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I still have no problem with Helen Thomas's being a antisemetic. She has every right but to cover her by trying to de-justify the Jew's self defense is not right. </span>

There's a word for that.

Steve </div></div>

eg8r
06-10-2010, 12:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buchannon, as well as being an author, as is Helen, but in his case, as in the case of Scarborough, he is nothing but a has been wannabe, television opinion pundit.
</div></div>So what is the big deal...buchannon is a television opinion pundit and helen is a print opinion pundit.

eg8r

eg8r
06-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Steve, gayle is not as sharp as she thought she once was either. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
06-10-2010, 12:51 PM
liberals are now supporting the Muslims? I thought we were supporting the Commies....when did we switch allegiances, and why didn't Nancy Pelosi tell me?

Deeman3
06-10-2010, 01:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">liberals are now supporting the Muslims? I thought we were supporting the Commies....when did we switch allegiances, and why didn't Nancy Pelosi tell me? </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Jack,
This is not fair! You know when I am simply trying to pick a fight and when I am serious. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

You know I'd photoshop a Muslim hat on you if I had a better photo! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I know Pat Buchanan is a secret plant for you guys, acting all rightie and, then, POW!, changes into a Chavez outfit at the last minute. Me, I got me that pointy hat we all wear down here, budda! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
</span>

wolfdancer
06-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Dee, I wish others on your side of the fence could discuss any differences with the great humor that you have...or at least without the apparent hatreds of a few here.

Deeman3
06-10-2010, 03:04 PM
I wish we all could discuss stuff with a little more humor and appreciation that none of us all wrong and none of are all right on any subject.

I know, I have changed my mind many times in my life but always on rational discussion, never on loud noises, mine or anyone elses.

pooltchr
06-10-2010, 03:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dee, I wish others on your side of the fence could discuss any differences with the great humor that you have...or at least without the apparent hatreds of a few here.
</div></div>

I agree woofie. I have tried in the past, but always seem to be met with the same hateful responses. Perhaps if you made an attempt yourself, you would see some changes....if that is truely your wish.

Steve

wolfdancer
06-10-2010, 04:04 PM
I doubt if anyone here would buy into that line of crap.

pooltchr
06-10-2010, 04:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt if anyone here would buy into that line of crap. </div></div>

I take that to mean that you have no intention of changing your hateful insulting posting style, but want everyone else to just be nice to you and granny.

You get what you give!

Steve

wolfdancer
06-10-2010, 04:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You get what you give!
</div></div>
How juvenile is that?
All I want is for you to ignore me.....you must have something to contribute here besides trolling Gayle and myself with your insults.

Gayle in MD
06-11-2010, 05:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buchannon, as well as being an author, as is Helen, but in his case, as in the case of Scarborough, he is nothing but a has been wannabe, television opinion pundit.
</div></div>So what is the big deal...buchannon is a television opinion pundit and helen is a print opinion pundit.

eg8r </div></div>

The "Big Deal" to me is that people in this country turn a blind eye to Israels's violent actions, regardless of what they do, and often the European Newspapers are reporting an entirely different version of the truth where Israel is concerned, always less biased than the American press.

The big deal is that Helen Thoomas is forced to retire, while Buchannon, Beck, Limpballs, O'Reilly, Coulter, and many other righties in the media who have written and stated views which are far more racist, discriminatory, and un-American, than anything Helen has ever written or spoken, are embraced for their racism, and still out there spewing their hate...why?....because the right owns the press....

The result is that only one reporter pushed the Bush Administration to answer why they were invading a country that was no immediate threat....only one reporter. That reporter was Helen Thomas, an American Hero, who has stood for holding ever administration to account, left and right, throughout her career, the most committed Watchdog Of Our Democracy.

YET...She was then completely banned from being called on throughout the rest of the Bush Administration, and also insulted by Dana Perino, on Nnational Television. No outrage over that, of course.

Does that sound to you like the Liberal Media has any power?

The "Big Deal" is that if Israel is involved in serious and questionable acitivities, that rise to the level of WAR, right after they commit an act of war, in international waters, killing an American in the process, Americans just accept without question that Israel is in the right, even while Israel is telling lies about what they did, and refusing to release the full video they have, and no one except the Europeans who have gotten the unbiased reports of Israels behavior over the years, are demanding what would be demanded of any other country which committed such an act, proof that they were not our of line in their actions.

Americans think that just because the Jews have ancestors who were once, long ago, victims of a demon like Hitler, then for the rest of eternity, no one is allowed to hold them to account for their own inhumane and violent activities. THSI WAS AN ACT OF WAR. Why is Israel given a bye from the U.S., immediatelly? I'll tell you why, because the jews in this country own everything...including the media, and they have owned our representatives for decades, both sides, that's why.

Israel flips the bird to our president's requests, more than one president, while they scarf up all the money we send to them, but they refuse to be committed to any kind of compromise in the interest of building peace between themselves and their neighbors.

If American Jews did't own our media, we'd have a shot at getting the truth, not just the watered down version that is allowed to be reported here.

Why aren't American reporters, and our Govenment, demanding that Israel release all of the tapes?

Also, when one has a friend one hasn't spoken with in several months, one must touch base again to be sure of that person's sharpness if they are almost ninety years old.

At the outset, I assumed given her age, that maybe she wasn't as sharp as the Helen Thomas of years past. I find now, that in fact, she is, and now that I know more about the incident, I can surely see how Helen's emotions were in play when she made those statements, her brain power, however, is as strong and sharp as ever.

G.

G.

eg8r
06-11-2010, 09:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The "Big Deal" to me is that people in this country turn a blind eye to Israels's violent actions</div></div>On the contrary, they turn a blind eye to the Palestinians. The only time we hear about the Palestinian bombings is when Israel retaliates.

Again, Helen is no better than a print opinion pundit.

eg8r

Deeman3
06-11-2010, 10:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD [/quote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The "Big Deal" to me is that people in this country turn a blind eye to Israels's violent actions, regardless of what they do, and often the European Newspapers are reporting an entirely different version of the truth where Israel is concerned, always less biased than the American press.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Yes, Europe has a certain "history" of how they treat the Jews, right?</span>

The big deal is that Helen Thoomas is forced to retire, while Buchannon, Beck, Limpballs, O'Reilly, Coulter, and many other righties in the media who have written and stated views which are far more racist, discriminatory, and un-American, than anything Helen has ever written or spoken, are embraced for their racism, and still out there spewing their hate...why?....because the right owns the press....

<span style="color: #CC0000"> Just one thing here for anyone who thinks the right owns the media. Remember at the close of every telecast when both NBC and CBS closed their broadcast with the number of American militart deaths in Iraq? Well, was the reason it stopped right after Obama took office just a cooincidence...at both networks? I am sure it was...</span>

The result is that only one reporter pushed the Bush Administration to answer why they were invading a country that was no immediate threat....only one reporter. That reporter was Helen Thomas, an American Hero, who has stood for holding ever administration to account, left and right, throughout her career, the most committed Watchdog Of Our Democracy.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Helen may be many things but an American hero is not one of them. A reporter asking questions is one doing their job, not a hero. </span>

YET...She was then completely banned from being called on throughout the rest of the Bush Administration, and also insulted by Dana Perino, on Nnational Television. No outrage over that, of course.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I rememebr her asking many questions of Bush. I saw her drooling so I know it was her. JK </span>

Does that sound to you like the Liberal Media has any power?

<span style="color: #FF0000"> The liberal media has power or at least money, I think Blanch Lincoln took their power. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

The "Big Deal" is that if Israel is involved in serious and questionable acitivities, that rise to the level of WAR, right after they commit an act of war, in international waters, killing an American in the process, Americans just accept without question that Israel is in the right, even while Israel is telling lies about what they did, and refusing to release the full video they have, and no one except the Europeans who have gotten the unbiased reports of Israels behavior over the years, are demanding what would be demanded of any other country which committed such an act, proof that they were not our of line in their actions.

<span style="color: #FF0000">They were enforcing a UN approved blockade, and doing it in international waters is fine. The nuts who wanted to attack them were dealt with properly, American or not. </span>

Americans think that just because the Jews have ancestors who were once, long ago, victims of a demon like Hitler, then for the rest of eternity, no one is allowed to hold them to account for their own inhumane and violent activities. THSI WAS AN ACT OF WAR. Why is Israel given a bye from the U.S., immediatelly? I'll tell you why, because the jews in this country own everything...including the media, and they have owned our representatives for decades, both sides, that's why.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Gee, that's the same argument make for slavery and it happened a century earlier. The Jews do not own my stuff!</span>

Israel flips the bird to our president's requests, more than one president, while they scarf up all the money we send to them, but they refuse to be committed to any kind of compromise in the interest of building peace between themselves and their neighbors.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Then don't send them money. Don't send them Biden and don't send them requests to allow their enemys a pass on bombong them. They can take care of themselves now. </span>

If American Jews did't own our media, we'd have a shot at getting the truth, not just the watered down version that is allowed to be reported here.

<span style="color: #FF0000">You really do ahte these Jews, don't you? </span>

Why aren't American reporters, and our Govenment, demanding that Israel release all of the tapes?

<span style="color: #FF0000">Copyright infringement? Maybe they don't owe ths to the U.S. </span>

Also, when one has a friend one hasn't spoken with in several months, one must touch base again to be sure of that person's sharpness if they are almost ninety years old.

At the outset, I assumed given her age, that maybe she wasn't as sharp as the Helen Thomas of years past. I find now, that in fact, she is, and now that I know more about the incident, I can surely see how Helen's emotions were in play when she made those statements, her brain power, however, is as strong and sharp as ever.

<span style="color: #FF0000">That's good to hear. However, it makes her statement more offensive. Jews, Back to Germany? Come on! </span>

G.

</div></div>

Gayle in MD
06-14-2010, 09:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You really do ahte these Jews, don't you?
</div></div>
This is the ultimate rightwing political acvcusatory attack regardless of the subject, and regardless of whatever merit exists in questioning Israel's inhumane actions, and there have been many.

Same thing as regards the Jewish cabal which comprises the American Enterprise Institute's members, and contributors, and their link to the Military Industrial Complex, and their push to invade Iraq, an action which emboldened our enemies, franchised al Qaeda, destablized the Middle East, put us into a pit of debt, wasted life and treasure, emboldened Iran, North Korea, Russia, and China, drove up the cost of oil,
hich in turn lined all of their pockets.

Don't give me that "Hate" Bullsh**, Deeman, it's the favorite respons of the right to the failed Republican policies which nearly destroyed our country.

STRAWMAN! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Heloen thojas is the ONLOY journalist that had the courage to press the Bush Administratin for a logical reason for responding to 9/11, for invading Iraq. THAT makes her a hero in my eyes, particularly now that we can easily see, the SURGE didn't work, and Irfaq is still in the throes of a civil war, which will probably go on for decades.

THANK YOU RONALD REAGAN FOR PROPPING UP DICTATOR SADDAM IN THE FIRST PLACE! THANK YOU GEORGE W&gt; BUSH FOR PUTTING IRAW IN THE HANDS OF IRAN!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

FAILED REPUBLICAN POLICIES!!!!