PDA

View Full Version : Media Demands That Obama Show More Emotion

Qtec
06-11-2010, 01:20 AM
This is brilliant.

On Fox, Obama has gone from the angry black man, to someone not showing enough emotion!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As the catastrophic oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico keeps spewing, day after day, the news media has been relentless in its focus on one question: why can't Obama show us just how darn upset he is?

Ben Craw put together this reel at The Huffington Post of some of the choicer moments of media righteousness over the President's public emotions.

Watch: </div></div>

video (http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/media-demands-that-obama-show-more-emotion-about-spill-video.php)

Q

Remember the good old days? memories (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouKJixL--ms)

Gayle in MD
06-11-2010, 06:13 AM
Excellent! You really know how to make a point!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
06-11-2010, 07:52 AM
I see y'all are still confused by the meanings of "FACTS" and "ATTACKS" ... which doesn't surprise me.

LWW

eg8r
06-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Not showing enough emotion? Didn't Obama say he was ready to start kicking some butt, just give him the names.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Personally, I don't care how much emotion he displays. I would like to see some action!

Steve

eg8r
06-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Kicking butt is action. Just give him the names.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Kicking butt isn't action. Actually creating an environment where the things that need to be done to get this clean up going would be the kind of action I would rather see.

He wants to beat up on BP, which is something that politically, he has to do.

Why don't we have more skimmers working on the water?

We have a local company who has an all natural (enzyme based) product that separates oil from water and makes the oil disappear. I have seen it demonstrated, and the rusults are amazing. They have been dealing with Washington for a month and a half trying to get approval to use it. I know there are plenty of others in similar situations. If Obama wants to actually do something, why not clear the way for people with the know how to get out there and actually go to work on the problem. Every day they delay just makes it that much worse!

Steve

eg8r
06-11-2010, 10:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kicking butt isn't action.</div></div>It was when W was kicking Taliban butt and Saddam butt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a local company who has an all natural (enzyme based) product that separates oil from water and makes the oil disappear.</div></div>On what scale did you see this happen? In a cup, or a gigantic display tank, maybe a swimming pool, in the ocean? Sounds pretty interesting. When it separates the oil how does it make it disappear?

eg8r

pooltchr
06-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Watch the video

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Local-com...t-96112704.html (http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Local-companys-offer-for-help-with-oil-spill-will-have-to-wait-96112704.html)

The demonstration is on a small scale, but they have tested it on a much larger scale.

But the point is...if it works at all, why isn't it being used???

Steve

Stretch
06-11-2010, 11:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kicking butt isn't action.</div></div>It was when W was kicking Taliban butt and Saddam butt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a local company who has an all natural (enzyme based) product that separates oil from water and makes the oil disappear.</div></div>On what scale did you see this happen? In a cup, or a gigantic display tank, maybe a swimming pool, in the ocean? Sounds pretty interesting. When it separates the oil how does it make it disappear?

eg8r </div></div>

Unfortunately it doesn't Ed. Much if not most of the leaking oil remains underwater. As traumatic as it is to see this shit rolling in on the beaches that's nothing compared to what remains and is UNCLEANABLE below the surface. It can be found in massive plumes of finely dispersed oil droplets in the water column. It's not clear right now if all the chemical dispersents they used aided or created this underwater dead zone, or wheather the natural mixing of methane and oil spewing from the well head formed it.

The prevailing scientific thinking says that ocean pacteria will eventualy digest the suspended oil but exponential bacterial growth will deplete the oxygen in the water further upsetting the ecological balance in the area. Also because there is no way to collect this massive underwater cloud of oil it will mix and travel along underwater currents to god knows how far. St.

eg8r
06-11-2010, 12:30 PM
He needs to be kicking some butt to get this leak stopped as soon as possible. While I am sure that is his intent, his actions don't show it. I think I read somewhere that he took two vacations during these past 50 or so days but I can't remember for sure.

eg8r

eg8r
06-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah I wanted to but the video is blocked at work. I will check it out at home because it definitely is interesting.

As far as why isn't it being used I don't know. How quickly can they reproduce it? Does it have a shelf life? How long is the life expectancy once it is released? If we clean up what is happening now and it takes a while to reproduce what did that buy us? Clean water and land now but then dirty again in short time?

I don't know what cleaning up now does for us knowing it gets just as dirty again tomorrow with the new oil coming to land? Does it make sense to clean up before the leak is closed? I am probably wrong but to me it makes as much sense as making your bed in the morning knowing full well you will mess it up again later in the evening.

eg8r

Sev
06-11-2010, 01:06 PM
You will be amazed at the simplicity of the solution.

Its even green and renewable and the country is covered in thousands of square miles of it.

Its to simple is what the problem is.

pooltchr
06-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Ed, they are ready to go down there tomorrow and begin. Unfortunately, they have been put on "a list of options" for future consideration.

WTF????????? Every day they wait, the problem gets worse. Are they just going to wait until they figure out how to stop the flow before they start mopping up?

If you are on a boat that is taking on water, do you wait until you can fix the leak before you start bailing?

If they have a "list of options", why not start using them all, and see which ones work best? There is no excuse for waiting.

Steve

Stretch
06-11-2010, 02:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ed, they are ready to go down there tomorrow and begin. Unfortunately, they have been put on "a list of options" for future consideration.

WTF????????? Every day they wait, the problem gets worse. Are they just going to wait until they figure out how to stop the flow before they start mopping up?

If you are on a boat that is taking on water, do you wait until you can fix the leak before you start bailing?

If they have a "list of options", why not start using them all, and see which ones work best? There is no excuse for waiting.

Steve </div></div>

Up here in Canada we're watching this very closely. I've read lots of blogs from the scientific community and oil industry technicians about thier ideas on how to procede. I'd like to think that BP is concidering the huge amount of advice and expertise that is available out there but who knows? Getting to the powers that be (whoever they are) or even if they are open to suggestions or direction from anyone outside of thier company is anyones guess.

One thing that is happening is that our local barber shops and salons accross the country are collecting hair to weave into huge mats which have been prooven to be very effective in obsorbing oil while water runs through it. I've not heard of any efforts to do this down in the States but i sure know theres a heck of a lot of shops down there. The time is now for everyone to do what they can. St.

eg8r
06-11-2010, 07:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are on a boat that is taking on water, do you wait until you can fix the leak before you start bailing?</div></div>Well if the oil was going to drowning me I would understand your example but I think the analogy of making the bed just to mess it up again makes more sense to me.

I don't really see the benefit of cleaning up just to clean up again the next day. Maybe someone can make a good case that makes sense to me.

eg8r

eg8r
06-11-2010, 07:11 PM
It is amazing all the different ways that resourceful people come up with to help do their part in cleaning up the mess. Since I cannot think of a single reason how BP would benefit by dragging this on and not doing anything I have to think they are weighing all the options but then again this is the same management that put us in the place in the first place.

eg8r

eg8r
06-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Well, one guy on tv was putting the oily water in a glass and then putting moss in there. The moss was soaking up the oil and then the weirdo drank the water. I definitely would not be drinking any of that water.

eg8r

Sev
06-11-2010, 07:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ed, they are ready to go down there tomorrow and begin. Unfortunately, they have been put on "a list of options" for future consideration.

Steve </div></div>

Up here in Canada we're watching this very closely. I've read lots of blogs from the scientific community and oil industry technicians about thier ideas on how to procede. I'd like to think that BP is concidering the huge amount of advice and expertise that is available out there but who knows? Getting to the powers that be (whoever they are) or even if they are open to suggestions or direction from anyone outside of thier company is anyones guess.

One thing that is happening is that our local barber shops and salons accross the country are collecting hair to weave into huge mats which have been prooven to be very effective in obsorbing oil while water runs through it. I've not heard of any efforts to do this down in the States but i sure know theres a heck of a lot of shops down there. The time is now for everyone to do what they can. St. </div></div>

Aviod Italian hair. Its already saturated. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
06-11-2010, 08:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are on a boat that is taking on water, do you wait until you can fix the leak before you start bailing?</div></div>Well if the oil was going to drowning me I would understand your example but I think the analogy of making the bed just to mess it up again makes more sense to me.

I don't really see the benefit of cleaning up just to clean up again the next day. Maybe someone can make a good case that makes sense to me.

Ed, you are going to have to bail all the water out sooner or later, and if it's later, it could end up overwhelming the boat and causing you to sink.

You start bailing even as you try to stop the leak so you can stay ahead of the game.

We are going to have to clean up a lot of oil from a lot of coast. The more we get today, the less we have to get tomorrow, or next week or next month.

Steve

eg8r </div></div>