PDA

View Full Version : Fix for the leak is figured out...

eg8r
06-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I can't take credit for this since I read it on Facebook but it is ingenious. BP should buy a very large wedding ring and slide it around the pipe. Once a wedding ring is in place is causes it to quit "putting out". Something so simple yet took this long to figure out.

eg8r

Sev
06-11-2010, 07:34 PM
HAHAHH!!

That was just so bad.

pooltchr
06-11-2010, 08:13 PM
You are assuming that the rig is female. If it's male, it might continue to spread the joy around.

Steve

Deeman3
06-14-2010, 07:26 AM
I think we need Bruce Willis here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If he can fly up to an unstable comet and blow it up, fight insurgents in an airport and climb off Angela Jolie without a scrath, a little mile deep oil leak should be a no brainer. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

You know, as crazy as the nuke option was, why not a coonventional weapon at depth? We eliminate Chopstick's concern over Godzilla being stirred up, don't break any international laws and we always have Linda Lovelace to show us how to get the weapon down in the well! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Stretch
06-14-2010, 07:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think we need Bruce Willis here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If he can fly up to an unstable comet and blow it up, fight insurgents in an airport and climb off Angela Jolie without a scrath, a little mile deep oil leak should be a no brainer. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

You know, as crazy as the nuke option was, why not a coonventional weapon at depth? We eliminate Chopstick's concern over Godzilla being stirred up, don't break any international laws and we always have Linda Lovelace to show us how to get the weapon down in the well! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

All these ideas have already been thought about by the BP experts. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif St.

Gayle in MD
06-14-2010, 08:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think we need Bruce Willis here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If he can fly up to an unstable comet and blow it up, fight insurgents in an airport and climb off Angela Jolie without a scrath, a little mile deep oil leak should be a no brainer. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

All these ideas have already been thought about by the BP experts. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif St. </div></div>

And also deemed unpredictable, and possibly would make it worse.

Those of us who prefer in depth analysis of best possible solutions, to automatic, emotional gut reactions, are glad that we have a president who is careful not to make everything worse, after eight years of cowboy bravado, which put us into a debt pit, and created numerous disastrous results!

G.

Sev
06-14-2010, 08:27 AM
I notice CNN is discussing the nuclear option.

Would the New Madrid Seismic Zone shift is the question.

eg8r
06-14-2010, 11:14 AM
In a humorous thread you have to spoil it with your stupid partisan posts.

eg8r

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Nice to read a little humor here... Ed's line was a classic....and Dee perhaps could have been another Larry Miller.

Deeman3
06-14-2010, 01:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice to read a little humor here... Ed's line was a classic....and Dee perhaps could have been another Larry Miller. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I don't think Gayle took my comments as they were intended. I hope she did not think i was serious about the bomb or Bruce Willis. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif or perhaps it was just a chance to get in a plug for our President. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I don't think much of the il will toward Obama is coming from the left, at least most of us know he is not to blame here, but like Bush, he gets the good along with the bad parts of being the King. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

This may be the only time Carvil was louder than Limbaugh but both of them are jerks, you know. </span>

Gayle in MD
06-14-2010, 02:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a humorous thread you have to spoil it with your stupid partisan posts.

eg8r </div></div>

Humorous? I don't find it humorous, in fact, I find it sexist.

SpiderMan
06-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Ed,

Does this mean your "honeymoon is over"?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Sev
06-14-2010, 02:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a humorous thread you have to spoil it with your stupid partisan posts.

eg8r </div></div>

Humorous? I don't find it humorous, in fact, I find it sexist. </div></div>

Phhhhhhhhhhhhtttt!!!

Can we assume you have never been to a comedy club?

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 02:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Phhhhhhhhhhhhtttt!!!

Can we assume you have never been to a comedy club? </div></div>

One typically would need a sense of humor before attending a comedy club. (Note: Having a sense of humor is not the same as being a joke!)

Steve

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 03:05 PM
James Carville is the Glenn Beck, of the left....
There is even a site out there on this vast intellectual wasteland....that suggests that Obama somehow is responsible for this leak....some kind of elite underwater commado squad perhaps, on orders from the potus...

eg8r
06-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Who cares what you find it? You found it sexist so you decided to make a stupid partisan post. You really are pathetic. You got pissed off when your jokes were called into question not too long ago and then you spout off something stupid like this. You really need to get a life.

eg8r

eg8r
06-14-2010, 09:36 PM
I believe we can assume she is took the truth personally and went and jumped her hubby's bones. He is probably wondering what got into her and she was just trying to prove an anti-dem couldn't be right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Absolutely pathetic. Remember her getting pissy when her "italian" joke was called into question?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-15-2010, 07:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares what you find it? You found it sexist so you decided to make a stupid partisan post. You really are pathetic. You got pissed off when your jokes were called into question not too long ago and then you spout off something stupid like this. You really need to get a life.

eg8r </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

You need another "Men's meeting" lol.

pooltchr
06-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Ed...it's just a case of opportunistic outrage. Claim to be offended when it suits your purposes, but feel free to offend everyone else whenever you like.

It's the American (liberal) way!

Steve

eg8r
06-15-2010, 09:10 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I wasn't speaking from experience, just a copy/paste job out of facebook. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

By the way, glad to see you on the board.

eg8r

eg8r
06-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes and you need a lobotomy.

eg8r