PDA

View Full Version : The far left is not smarter than a fifth grader.

LWW
06-12-2010, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who is better informed about the policy choices facing the countryŚliberals, conservatives or libertarians? According to a Zogby International survey that I write about in the May issue of Econ Journal Watch, the answer is unequivocal: The left flunks Econ 101.

Zogby researcher Zeljka Buturovic and I considered the 4,835 respondents' (all American adults) answers to eight survey questions about basic economics. We also asked the respondents about their political leanings: progressive/very liberal; liberal; moderate; conservative; very conservative; and libertarian.

Rather than focusing on whether respondents answered a question correctly, we instead looked at whether they answered incorrectly. A response was counted as incorrect only if it was flatly unenlightened.

Consider one of the economic propositions in the December 2008 poll: "Restrictions on housing development make housing less affordable." People were asked if they: 1) strongly agree; 2) somewhat agree; 3) somewhat disagree; 4) strongly disagree; 5) are not sure.

Basic economics acknowledges that whatever redeeming features a restriction may have, it increases the cost of production and exchange, making goods and services less affordable. There may be exceptions to the general case, but they would be atypical.

View Full Image

Associated Press
"Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?" TV show

Therefore, we counted as incorrect responses of "somewhat disagree" and "strongly disagree." This treatment gives leeway for those who think the question is ambiguous or half right and half wrong. They would likely answer "not sure," which we do not count as incorrect.

In this case, percentage of conservatives answering incorrectly was 22.3%, very conservatives 17.6% and libertarians 15.7%. But the percentage of progressive/very liberals answering incorrectly was 67.6% and liberals 60.1%. The pattern was not an anomaly.

The other questions were: 1) Mandatory licensing of professional services increases the prices of those services (unenlightened answer: disagree). 2) Overall, the standard of living is higher today than it was 30 years ago (unenlightened answer: disagree). 3) Rent control leads to housing shortages (unenlightened answer: disagree). 4) A company with the largest market share is a monopoly (unenlightened answer: agree). 5) Third World workers working for American companies overseas are being exploited (unenlightened answer: agree). 6) Free trade leads to unemployment (unenlightened answer: agree). 7) Minimum wage laws raise unemployment (unenlightened answer: disagree).

How did the six ideological groups do overall? Here they are, best to worst, with an average number of incorrect responses from 0 to 8: Very conservative, 1.30; Libertarian, 1.38; Conservative, 1.67; Moderate, 3.67; Li<span style='font-size: 17pt'>beral, 4.69; Progressive/very liberal, 5.26.</span>

Americans in the first three categories do reasonably well. But the left has trouble squaring economic thinking with their political psychology, morals and aesthetics.

To be sure, none of the eight questions specifically challenge the political sensibilities of conservatives and libertarians. Still, not all of the eight questions are tied directly to left-wing concerns about inequality and redistribution. In particular, the questions about mandatory licensing, the standard of living, the definition of monopoly, and free trade do not specifically challenge leftist sensibilities.

Yet on every question the left did much worse. On the monopoly question, the portion of progressive/very liberals answering incorrectly (31%) was more than twice that of conservatives (13%) and more than four times that of libertarians (7%). On the question about living standards, the portion of progressive/very liberals answering incorrectly (61%) was more than four times that of conservatives (13%) and almost three times that of libertarians (21%).

The survey also asked about party affiliation. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>Those responding Democratic averaged 4.59 incorrect answers. Republicans averaged 1.61 incorrect, and Libertarians 1.26 incorrect.</span>

Adam Smith described political economy as "a branch of the science of a statesman or legislator." Governmental power joined with wrongheadedness is something terrible, but all too common. Realizing that many of our leaders and their constituents are economically unenlightened sheds light on the troubles that surround us.

Mr. Klein is a professor of economics at George Mason University. This op-ed is based on an article published in the May 2010 issue of the journal he edits, Econ Journal Watch, a project sponsored by the American Institute for Economic Research. The article is at: http://econjwatch.org/articles/economic-...ey-of-americans (http://econjwatch.org/articles/economic-enlightenment-in-relation-to-college-going-ideology-and-other-variables-a-zogby-survey-of-americans) </div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;BUT ... I ALREADY KNEW THAT&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703561604575282190930932412.html?m od=djemEditorialPage_h)

LWW

pooltchr
06-12-2010, 06:34 AM
We have seen numerous examples supporting this study right here in our little forum group.
When your way of thinking is guided by a political party, rather than from independent thinking combined with actual research of facts (not just other's opinions), understanding goes by the wayside.

Steve

Sev
06-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Truly shocking. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

hondo
06-12-2010, 08:54 AM
LOL! Obviously no tea partier was part of the survey.

pooltchr
06-12-2010, 11:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL! Obviously no tea partier was part of the survey. </div></div>

You mean those crazy people who actually want smaller government and reductions in federal spending?

Steve

llotter
06-12-2010, 12:46 PM
It has been widely know and accepted that liberals are as dumb as a rock and they also fit the common definition of insane...nothing new here.

Stretch
06-12-2010, 12:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It has been widely know and accepted that liberals are as dumb as a rock and they also fit the common definition of insane...nothing new here. </div></div>

Widely known and accepted by the right wing that is. As misguided and delusional as that statement is, it's in keeping with your butchered view of reality. Nothing new there either. St.

LWW
06-12-2010, 03:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL! Obviously no tea partier was part of the survey. </div></div>

Obviously you are regurgitating the spoon fed party line.

LWW

LWW
06-12-2010, 03:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It has been widely know and accepted that liberals are as dumb as a rock and they also fit the common definition of insane...nothing new here. </div></div>

Widely known and accepted by the right wing that is. As misguided and delusional as that statement is, it's in keeping with your butchered view of reality. Nothing new there either. St. </div></div>

Perhaps you could post some links that would show the far left as being more knowledgeable?

What's that?

You don't have any?

Imagine that.

LWW

Qtec
06-13-2010, 04:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have seen numerous examples supporting this study right here in our little forum group.
When your way of thinking is guided by a political party, rather than from independent thinking combined with actual research of facts (not just other's opinions), understanding goes by the wayside.

Steve </div></div>

Which one of these questions has a definite correct answer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The other questions were: 1) Mandatory licensing of professional services increases the prices of those services (unenlightened answer: disagree). 2) Overall, the standard of living is higher today than it was 30 years ago (unenlightened answer: disagree). 3) Rent control leads to housing shortages (unenlightened answer: disagree). 4) A company with the largest market share is a monopoly (unenlightened answer: agree). 5) Third World workers working for American companies overseas are being exploited (unenlightened answer: agree). 6) Free trade leads to unemployment (unenlightened answer: agree). 7) Minimum wage laws raise unemployment (unenlightened answer: disagree). </div></div>

They are all debatable. Take this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Third World workers working for American companies overseas are being exploited (<u>unenlightened answer: agree</u>). </div></div>
Yes/No? It all depends on your point of view. The poll is bogus. Its something typical of LWW, posting something because it fits his paranoia, not because its true.

Q

LWW
06-13-2010, 08:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which one of these questions has a definite correct answer?

Q</div></div>

All of them, and thanks for your usual eloquent confirmation of my point.

Now ... I'll give you the opportunity of explaining how a citizen of a third world country who has zero employment opportunity is being exploited by a plant giving them a job that pays a wage at or above the prevailing wage in the area?

Perhaps you will edify us as to how they are served better by a life of starvation?

Maybe you will even explain why these people line up for days for the opportunity to be oppressed?

Perchance we will be blessed with your wisdom on how these stepping stone oppressions that led nations such as India, Taiwan, Malaysia, and South Korea from poverty to prosperity is detrimental to their own good?

What's that?

You don't have answers?

You were merely parroting the party line?

Imagine that.

Leftist elitists cause more harm to developing people than anything else. You should all hang your heads in collectivist shame.

LWW

wolfdancer
06-13-2010, 01:18 PM
it would be circular reasoning on your part to assume that survey means that you are smarter then any liberal, or democrat here.
Group A is smarter then Group B, on average
You are a member of group A...
Therefore....you iz smarter then a B member...?
I don't think so.
And your constant comments about others being dumber then you.
(You are the benchmark here?)
Tells me you have some insecurities about your own comparable intelligence.....as no really smart people need to constantly keep repeating that stupid sh*t statement. I haven't seen one ******* statement that you have ever come up with to show up either Gayle or Hondo. Too bad that Sonoma left...I'd have enjoyed his rebuttal to your claim. Now you might be smarter then I am...because at my age I've probably forgotten more then you ever learned.
So, while we are on the topic of your near genious...I notice that you have added expertise on deep sea oil exploration to your ever expanding resume.....Mr. Phi Beta Crappa
AND on the million to one shot that you are smarter then the average bear....it means dog crappy.......That and $3.50 will buy you a beer at the local watering hole. My cousin wouldn't win any IQ contests, but he is a self made millionaire, or close to it.
I knew a genious in Boston that couldn't tie his own shoes.....your own genious seems to depend on comparing it to a select few others.

pooltchr
06-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Woofie.
Did I post anything to you?
Did I mention you in my post?

Now, who is stalking who's posts?

Can't you at least be a man of your word and ignore my posts?????

Steve

wolfdancer
06-13-2010, 02:43 PM
you seem to have no ******* problem stalking Gayle around, trying to show her up, when she has you all but on ignore....take your own GD advice...or start your own informative blog...
AND actually you did refer to me....I'm one of the left that you claim you are so much smarter then.....and I'm just telling you that you are full of ****

pooltchr
06-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah yeah yeah yeah... Same old same old...
You just can't quit, can you?
Steve

(I'm sorry you consider yourself to be dumber than a 5th grader)

Sev
06-13-2010, 06:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woofie.
Did I post anything to you?
Did I mention you in my post?

Now, who is stalking who's posts?

Can't you at least be a man of your word and ignore my posts?????

Steve </div></div>

Perhaps he is Perverse in his stalking Steve. Cover thy arse. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

hondo
06-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Well, Larry and Steve answer every one of my posts regardless of whom I am addressing. What's the difference?

Qtec
06-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Like I said, a matter of opinion.

Thanks for proving it.

Q

pooltchr
06-13-2010, 09:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, Larry and Steve answer every one of my posts regardless of whom I am addressing. What's the difference? </div></div>

The difference is pretty simple. I don't recall either of us claiming to have you on total ignore, stating that you have nothing of interest to say, and that you aren't worthy of a reply. Woofie has said those things on more than one occasion, yet can't seem to ignore even one post! That means he has been lying all along.

Steve

LWW
06-14-2010, 03:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said, a matter of opinion.

Thanks for proving it.

Q </div></div>

No ... it is not a matter of opinion.

Freer economies prosper. State ran economies fail. Minimum wage laws promote higher unemployment and increased poverty.

LWW

hondo
06-14-2010, 05:04 AM
For somebody who is supposedly a businessman, you're sure quick to call poeople liars.
I'm glad your customers don't read your posts on NPR.
I don't think you'd have much business. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

LWW
06-14-2010, 05:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For somebody who is supposedly a businessman, you're sure quick to call poeople liars.
I'm glad your customers don't read your posts on NPR.
I don't think you'd have much business. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif </div></div>

If you are claiming that you aren't a liar, then you are de facto claiming that PT is a liar ... which is what you are all atwitter over in the first place.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled martyrdom.

LWW

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 06:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For somebody who is supposedly a businessman, you're sure quick to call poeople liars.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif </div></div>

How else would you describe someone who constantly says they are ignoring someone, that they have no interest in anything they have to say, and then replies to nearly every post that person makes??????????????

Steve

hondo
06-14-2010, 10:27 AM
To quote Steve: " MYOFB!"

hondo
06-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Without insulting your and Larry's massive intelligence, you do realize that on BD when you have someone on ignore, there's a
"read message" option.
Also, we can read when other people quote you.

With me, I just like to kid around anymore and say you guys are on ignore.
Doesn't seem to matter even though I have explained it several times.
Gives you and your idle( yes, I spelled it correctly)
a chance to bellow "liar" at me.

You two should take your act to vaudeville.
Wait a minute! That wouldn't work! Neither one of you
has a sense of humor.

Hmmm. Perhaps you could be script writers for Limberger or
be hatchet men for Karl Yon Rove.

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 10:43 AM
wow....you should report that to the admin....it might lead to a suspension. Whether or not, I have you on ignore....and I do....it just allows me to not have to look at every one of your posts. I can pick and choose....
I don't read your posts for any informative comment though....'cause thar ain'ts none.

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Woofie,
You not only claim to put me on ignore, you have also stated on more than one occasion that you are finished responding to my posts, which often lasts a matter of minutes.

Just admit that you can't help yourself. The first step to dealing with an addiction is to admit that you have one.

Steve

hondo
06-14-2010, 10:51 AM
I hate to give Larry a compliment but I have to admit that when you try to imitate Larry's cuteso putdowns you fall far short.

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 11:17 AM
in the overall scope of things....WTF difference does it make....if I read your idiotic blather, or not?
Is that somehow really important to you....do you think you are going to write something that will change my beliefs, and force me to regard you in a new light...like a William Buckley, or Gore Vidal, maybe????

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 11:41 AM
No, but I do admit I find it entertaining to watch you and a couple of others get your drawers in a wad when you can't actually address the falacies of the left when they are pointed out to you. You guys get so bent out of shape, you have no choice but to go to the personal attacks and insults.

If you ever gave that up, and actually started addressing real issues, it would probably lose all of the entertainment value.

But I'm not worried. You will never change.

Steve

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 12:36 PM
I must be the stupid one here then, because I fail to see where you have pointed out the fallacies( it's two "l"s,by the way) of the left to me
Tell you what, why don't you put me on ignore???
Why would you want to bother replying to Gayle, Hondo, or myself, since you know that YOUR beliefs are sacrosanct, we "worship a false God" and as you have pointed out...are too stupid to see that? WHY would someone as intellectually superior as you are, want to waste your time pointing that out to us?....of course, the answer is readily apparant.....you want your friends on the right to recognise your innate genious.
I respect both Dee's and Ed's viewpoints and intellect......you on the other hand would lose in a debating contest with a 4th grader. Of course that is just my opinion and I could be wrong....you might be able to match up until the 5th grade???

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 01:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could be wrong </div></div>

And it wouldn't be the first time.

Steve

hondo
06-14-2010, 05:22 PM
THAT'S IT! You're on total ignore!

LWW
06-14-2010, 06:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">THAT'S IT! You're on total ignore! </div></div>

Wanna lay a wager on that?

LWW

hondo
06-14-2010, 07:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">THAT'S IT! You're on total ignore! </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Not really. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

OOPS!!!!

Sev
06-14-2010, 07:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">THAT'S IT! You're on total ignore! </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Not really. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

OOPS!!!! </div></div>

Dam I was going in on some of that action.

hondo
06-14-2010, 07:51 PM
I've had it! Total ignore for you, fella.

Sev
06-14-2010, 07:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had it! Total ignore for you, fella. </div></div>

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!!!!!

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 07:57 PM
it ain't like you will be missing anything that you can't read first on myspace.

Sev
06-14-2010, 08:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it ain't like you will be missing anything that you can't read first on myspace. </div></div>

So Wolfi. You need me to Step on your thighs so I can pull your head out of your arse???

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Why don't you bring your stun gun out here and try that?

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 09:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">THAT'S IT! You're on total ignore! </div></div>

Can I quote you on that?

Steve

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 09:06 PM
More threats ??????
Bring your stun gun out here,and try to do that since you think I am both alone and unarmed.
I can't promise you that you will be on America's Got Talent afterwards.....but maybe I can get you an audition for the Vienna Boys Choir

LWW
06-15-2010, 03:48 AM
Elmer ... you are the only one making threats.

Again.

But ... you already knew that.

LWW

Sev
06-15-2010, 06:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More threats ??????
Bring your stun gun out here,and try to do that since you think I am both alone and unarmed.
I can't promise you that you will be on America's Got Talent afterwards.....but maybe I can get you an audition for the Vienna Boys Choir </div></div>

Shocking. Simply shocking.

By the way is that code for you wanting a Vienna Sausage???

hondo
06-15-2010, 06:44 AM
You can do anything you want.
Except make anybody believe you have a sense of humor.

hondo
06-15-2010, 06:45 AM
MYOFB!!!

LWW
06-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Can you feel the love brothers and sisters.

LWW

pooltchr
06-15-2010, 11:21 AM
The anger of the left becomes even more intense when they are trying to defend the incompetence of the party.

It's quite understandable, when you know how they operate.

Steve

wolfdancer
06-15-2010, 01:59 PM
a'hole, I wasn't the one getting my nuts, thinking bout using the stun gun to subdue a woman.

Sev
06-15-2010, 02:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MYOFB!!! </div></div>

Master your off Facebook????? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Sev
06-15-2010, 02:06 PM
He's sufficating!!!
On 3 pull!!!!!

Sev
06-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Oh dam!! Union break.

wolfdancer
06-15-2010, 05:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> which is what you are all atwitter over in the first place.
</div></div>
Speaking of Twitter......you should be posting over there, instead of here, as it's for Twits !!!

wolfdancer
06-15-2010, 05:46 PM
You, Sev and Steve give a whole new meaning to the term:
Artificial Intelligence

Sev
06-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I have to admit. That was a good one.

hondo
06-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Blah! Blah! Blah! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

pooltchr
06-15-2010, 09:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> which is what you are all atwitter over in the first place.
</div></div>
Speaking of Twitter......you should be posting over there, instead of here, as it's for Twits !!! </div></div>

Are you speaking from personal experience?

Steve

pooltchr
06-15-2010, 09:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blah! Blah! Blah! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif </div></div>

Wow! THAT was profound!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

LWW
06-16-2010, 05:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a'hole, I wasn't the one getting my nuts, thinking bout using the stun gun to subdue a woman.
</div></div>

I thought you had me on total ignore?

What's that?

You lied?

Again?

Whoodathunkitt?

LWW

Sev
06-16-2010, 06:33 AM
Is this worth ignoring???

hondo
06-16-2010, 07:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a'hole, I wasn't the one getting my nuts, thinking bout using the stun gun to subdue a woman.
</div></div>

What's that?

You lied?

Again?

Whoodathunkitt?

LWW </div></div>

I do. TOTAL IGNORE!

hondo
06-16-2010, 07:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this worth ignoring??? </div></div>

Larry's post? Yes, I believe it is, Sev. Just more hate
from the hatemeister.
I'm ignoring Larry's hate and Steve's name-calling and
you're on thin ice.
Don't make me ignore you!!

Sev
06-16-2010, 08:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this worth ignoring??? </div></div>

Larry's post? Yes, I believe it is, Sev. Just more hate
from the hatemeister.
I'm ignoring Larry's hate and Steve's name-calling and
you're on thin ice.
Don't make me ignore you!! </div></div>

The only time my ice gets thin is if I get distracted and dont finish my beverage quickly enough.

You'll never put me on ignore. Your to curious about what inane thing I will post next. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
06-16-2010, 08:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a'hole, I wasn't the one getting my nuts, thinking bout using the stun gun to subdue a woman.
</div></div>

What's that?

You lied?

Again?

Whoodathunkitt?

LWW </div></div>

I do. TOTAL IGNORE! </div></div>

Yet you quote me ... you are aware that others can read what you post aren't you?

LWW

hondo
06-16-2010, 08:35 AM
I honestly cannot figure out whether you're just a little slow or totally devoid of a sense of humor.
Which is it, Larry?

LWW
06-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Oh I'm quite amused.

You swear to have half of the forum on "TOTAL IGNORE" yet you can't discipline yourself enough to enforce your own rule.

It's like watching a puppy pee itself involuntarily from the excitement of seeing something.

LWW

hondo
06-16-2010, 12:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I honestly cannot figure out whether you're just a little slow or totally devoid of a sense of humor.
Which is it, Larry? </div></div>

I think I've figured it out, Larry.
You're about one large fry short of a happy meal, aren't you?

Well, keep looking forward to our replies while gloating over the fact that we're liars when we reply., honey.

I've had it with you. Total ignore. What a dumkoph! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
06-16-2010, 12:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh I'm quite amused.

You swear to have half of the forum on "TOTAL IGNORE" yet you can't discipline yourself enough to enforce your own rule.

It's like watching a puppy pee itself involuntarily from the excitement of seeing something.

LWW </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif OOPS!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Sev
06-16-2010, 12:26 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/slap.gif

hondo
06-16-2010, 12:36 PM
That's it! Total ignore for you!

LOL! I can't wait for Laurel and Hardy to jump back on here and accuse me of lying.

Do those 2 characters think they're impressing anybody with their
intellect when they do that?

Goofy and goofier. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
06-16-2010, 03:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For somebody who is supposedly a businessman, you're sure quick to call poeople liars.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif </div></div>

How else would you describe someone who constantly says they are ignoring someone, that they have no interest in anything they have to say, and then replies to nearly every post that person makes??????????????

Steve </div></div>

I would describe them as either:

- A lonely West Virginian who just got back from the still.

- A Maryland swamp water drinker.

- A seasoned citizen who works at Walmart and gets cramps typing out how he's going to whip everyone's arse ... until his depends overload and he has to take a break.

LWW

Sev
06-16-2010, 03:02 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/rotflmao.gifhttp://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/rotflmao.gifhttp://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/rotflmao.gif

hondo
06-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Ah, yes, the world as seen through some poor, pathetic sap who
sits around in his soiled BVDs 24/7 hurling insults at those
who think differently than him.
If somebody I respect insults me, it hurts.
You, sir, have never earned my respect.
You're just some lonely, anal-retentive, hate-spewing guy
on the internet.

I'm sorry I had to be so frank.
I've been trying to be civil but you just get worse and worse.
And now you've dragged poor ole Steve into your hell hole.
I wish he'd get a job. I know you won't work.

wolfdancer
06-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Yes, but the difference is....I'll admit when I am wrong. you go through life thinking once you have written it.....it is "set in stone"

wolfdancer
06-16-2010, 03:26 PM
steve's whole "case" is constructed around the fact that you placed him on ignore, yet read his posts....now and then.
SO WHAT??? It's the argument of some 10 yr old.......
Now I have steve on ignore....yet I take his posts into the bathroom with me in an effort to induce peristalsis

pooltchr
06-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Congratulations woofie. You have made the leap from being a jerk to being a disgusting jerk.

I'm sure your parents would be proud of what you have become!

Steve

Sev
06-16-2010, 03:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations woofie. You have made the leap from being a jerk to being a disgusting jerk.

I'm sure your parents would be proud of what you have become!

Steve </div></div>

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/shocked2.gifhttp://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/shocked2.gif

hondo
06-16-2010, 03:37 PM
LOL! The ole "they must be liars since they don't really have us on total ignore" argument seems to be all they have anymore.

To quote Mr T: I pity the fools!

Somebody loan these two geniuses some new material.

hondo
06-16-2010, 03:39 PM
I agree, Sev. Dragging Wolfie's parents into this?
Our Steve is out of control.

wolfdancer
06-16-2010, 03:52 PM
GFY......
you think you can go around insulting people here,without being insulted yourself?
My parents have passed on, and maybe you can just keep your idiotic Bubba comments about them to yourself, you ******* pos, and let them rest in peace

pooltchr
06-16-2010, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree, Sev. Dragging Wolfie's parents into this?
Our Steve is out of control. </div></div>

Quite the opposite. I was raised to consider what my parents would think before I did something. Obviously, not everybody was given the same lessons as children.

Read woofies post. He has really gotten disgusting. And you think that I'm the one out of control??????????????

You, my friend, have gotten so involved in this silly us vs them game that you have been playing that you are blind to the reality going on around you. Your buddy woofie does nothing but try to stir up more crap around here. If you don't like the tone of this forum, you need look no farther than your friends woofie and granny. And you seem to want to lower yourself down to their same level.

Those who stay in the gutter, eventually start to stink!

Steve

wolfdancer
06-16-2010, 05:50 PM
it's you Steve, that trolls both Gayle and myself, and stokes the fire with your insults.
There isn't one post that either she or I can make here, not one single post.... without one of your smartass comments...so when you are pointing fingers....

pooltchr
06-16-2010, 06:33 PM
If we counted all your post that are nothing but insulting personal attacks, and compared it to mine, it wouldn't even be close.

Have you been anti social all your life, or is it just something that comes with age?

Steve

wolfdancer
06-16-2010, 06:42 PM
B***S***,
but you can easily prove it to be true, or not. Just stop posting behind myself, or Gayle....then you can make your case,to the board here...

pooltchr
06-16-2010, 06:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">B***S***,
but you can easily prove it to be true, or not. Just stop posting behind myself, or Gayle....then you can make your case,to the board here... </div></div>

You stop with the attacks and insults, and there will be no need. I certainly have no expectations of ever engaging you in any kind of meaningful conversation. I don't believe you are capable.

So cut the BS, drop the insults, and you won't have a problem.

Keeep it up and I will respond every time.

Your call.

Steve

wolfdancer
06-16-2010, 08:11 PM
[quote]I certainly have no expectations of ever engaging <s>you </s> anyone in any kind of meaningful conversation. I don't believe <s>you </s> I am capable
There, I fixed it for you

hondo
06-16-2010, 09:20 PM
WADR, Steve, I see you calling people liars, idiots, mimicking
LWWs style, using his same insults and terminology.

Sorry you can't see that.

hondo
06-16-2010, 09:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If we counted all your post that are nothing but insulting personal attacks, and compared it to mine, it wouldn't even be close.

Have you been anti social all your life, or is it just something that comes with age?

Steve </div></div>

Again, what I see is you and Larry initiating the animosity and then whining when Wolfie responds in kind. JMHO.

hondo
06-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Every time I call you on your insulting posts, Larry jumps in
and attacks me personally. All you have to do is go back and look.
Perhaps you actually believe what you're saying. I don't know.
But, trust me, you and Larry keep the shit stirred on here.

Your posts to Gayle are disgraceful. It's no wonder she can't stand you any more.

And you and Larry constantly calling me a liar over my little ignore jokes is shameful and downright ignorant.

hondo
06-16-2010, 09:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah, yes, the world as seen through some poor, pathetic sap who
sits around in his soiled BVDs 24/7 hurling insults at those
who think differently than him.
If somebody I respect insults me, it hurts.
You, sir, have never earned my respect.
You're just some lonely, anal-retentive, hate-spewing guy
on the internet.

I'm sorry I had to be so frank.
I've been trying to be civil but you just get worse and worse.
And now you've dragged poor ole Steve into your hell hole.
I wish he'd get a job. I know you won't work. </div></div>

Truth can be a real bitch, can't it, Larry?

Qtec
06-17-2010, 02:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Minimum wage laws promote higher unemployment and increased poverty. </div></div>

Like I said, that┤s just your opinion.

Q

LWW
06-17-2010, 05:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Minimum wage laws promote higher unemployment and increased poverty. </div></div>

Like I said, that┤s just your opinion.

Q </div></div>

No, it is a matter of historical record.

Every time the MW is raised, UE rises shortly thereafter.

Your lame argument is like claiming that whether or not the Sun rises and sets is simply an opinion. No ... it isn't.

LWW

Sev
06-17-2010, 06:29 AM
You have to remember Q it is not only the minimum wage it is also the matching taxes that the employer has to pay.
What most people forget is that the minimum wage was never meant to be a living wage. It is a stepping stone for people. Nothing more.

pooltchr
06-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Hondo.
3 different replies in a row to one of my posts???? And you had the nerve to question how much time I spend on the forum?????

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

hondo
06-17-2010, 08:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo.
3 different replies in a row to one of my posts???? And you had the nerve to question how much time I spend on the forum?????

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Steve </div></div>

Wouldn't you have been better served by addressing one of the posts? just asking.

pooltchr
06-18-2010, 06:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Steve </div></div>

Wouldn't you have been better served by addressing one of the posts? just asking. </div></div>

No. That was much more fun!

Steve

hondo
06-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Stop and think about what that says about you, my friend.
You talk the talk, but you certainly don't walk the walk.

pooltchr
06-18-2010, 08:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stop and think about what that says about you, my friend.
You talk the talk, but you certainly don't walk the walk. </div></div>

I think it says I will give back exactly what I get.

Steve

LWW
06-18-2010, 08:45 AM
What this all shows is that the far left flails about proving the linked article to be spot on.

LWW

hondo
06-18-2010, 08:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stop and think about what that says about you, my friend.
You talk the talk, but you certainly don't walk the walk. </div></div>

I think it says I will give back exactly what I get.

Steve </div></div>
No, actually, it says you can't face criticism.

hondo
06-18-2010, 08:30 PM
LOL! Is that what all this shows/ No kidding?

LWW
06-19-2010, 04:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL! Is that what all this shows/ No kidding? </div></div>

Have you presented any even lame evidence it was wrong?

What's that?

No?

Imagine that ... OTOH y'all have made a very compelling case that it is correct.

LWW

hondo
06-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Y'all might be right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
06-19-2010, 07:08 PM
I confess...while your posts indeed are as interesting as yesterday's weather report, and about as useful....I do occasionally read them, if only for their comedic value.
After all, who doesn't enjoy a good laugh?....and....at your expense?