PDA

View Full Version : Who's a-- to kick ???

Bobbyrx
06-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Obama wants to know who's to kick? He should just stand with his back to a mirror and bend down and look between his legs. He has done NOTHING. Just returned from Orange Beach and they couldn't even keep the oil from going thru Alabama Pass into the intercoastal waterway. (Maybe 50 yards wide) Unbelievable. And he has not even SPOKEN to BP CEO and clown of the century, Tony Hayward, much less had a face to face, and we are going on 2 MONTHS. Obama is due in Alabama today amd should recieve a warm welcome....judging from the standing ovation on the beach for a plane pulling a banner saying " Obama, shut up and do something"

Gayle in MD
06-14-2010, 02:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama wants to know who's to kick? He should just stand with his back to a mirror and bend down and look between his legs. He has done NOTHING. Just returned from Orange Beach and they couldn't even keep the oil from going thru Alabama Pass into the intercoastal waterway. (Maybe 50 yards wide) Unbelievable. And he has not even SPOKEN to BP CEO and clown of the century, Tony Hayward, much less had a face to face, and we are going on 2 MONTHS. Obama is due in Alabama today amd should recieve a warm welcome....judging from the standing ovation on the beach for a plane pulling a banner saying " Obama, shut up and do something" </div></div>

Hi Bobby,
What should he do? Were there any tankers in the region to collect oil from skimmers?

He's been doling out money and supplies to the Governors, why aren't they using it?

He biggest concern is making BP pay for this ecological disaster.

The Military stepped up immediately and stated they did not have the equpiment, nor the knowledge, to handle the mess.

The weather the first few weeks prohibited using the boons.

I'm sure the President knew from the start, how disastrous this was, and how ittle could be done.

Volunteers muast be trained on how to protect themselves, before they can join in to help, unlike what happened after 9/11, when many volunteers lost ttheir health and their lives, due to breathing in toxins, after being assured by Bush and Guiliani they were safe to go forward.

I'd just like to know what yu think President Obama could do about a leaking well, deep under the ocean, after BP lied through their asses about what they could do in the case of an emergency, and if you see any connections to the deregulatory policies which Bush annd the Republicans have beenn pusing for corporate pigs for so long, annd the corruption that has existed in the oversight agencies for so long.

I think Obama realizded that wind would impact collection of oil off the surface.

I think he also knew that BP was lying, annd his first thoughts were to get them off their SH**!

He also knew that he had to send thousands of people down there to aid in the clean up, which he did immediately. He didn't, however, send people out there to become ill, just for political purposes.

Give me a few examples of what he could have done, that he didn't do?

He is trying to provide the largest environmental disaster with the largest environmental response. Seventeen thousand five hundred National Guardsmen have been available to Governors of the affected states? Why aren't they using them????
Full available resources of our government have been at work there since the outset. What more can he do? H'e strying to protect the locals there, and force BP to do due dilligence, both in their future drilling, and in their responsibility to come up with the money people need.

G.

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 02:54 PM
How long do you think you can continue to defend this incompetent idiot before you look like a fool?

(Hint...You've already exceeded the limit)

Steve

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 04:34 PM
typical response. You probably expect Obama to be an expert on all things as you and lww claim to be. BUT, and you might want to write this down for future reference.....he relies on experts in that field, to advise him. See, he ain't claiming to be "the decider" (AND we know from 9/11, and Katrina, just how well that worked out)
So if....IF....your side has the solution... given the terrible impact this is having, shouldn't they be crossing party lines, and offering to help?....or not?
OR, given your premise that Obama is a complete moron, incapable of setting forth a plan to stop this leak....shouldn't there be impeachment procedings in the works.
You probably believe, with all your heart.....that (A) this would never have happened on McCain's watch, and (B) (assuming you were wrong about A) Sarah would have come up with a plan.
I still like the idea of stuffing Rush in the leak...and if he were a true American...he would offer to lay his life down for "For Harry, England, and St. George"

Gayle in MD
06-14-2010, 04:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">typical response. You probably expect Obama to be an expert on all things as you and lww claim to be. BUT, and you might want to write this down for future reference.....he relies on experts in that field, to advise him. See, he ain't claiming to be "the decider" (AND we know from 9/11, and Katrina, just how well that worked out)
So if....IF....your side has the solution... given the terrible impact this is having, shouldn't they be crossing party lines, and offering to help?....or not?
OR, given your premise that Obama is a complete moron, incapable of setting forth a plan to stop this leak....shouldn't there be impeachment procedings in the works.
You probably believe, with all your heart.....that (A) this would never have happened on McCain's watch, and (B) (assuming you were wrong about A) Sarah would have come up with a plan.
I still like the idea of stuffing Rush in the leak...and if he were a true American...he would offer to lay his life down for "For Harry, England, and St. George" </div></div>

LOL, what a bothersome imposter, and what is worse than a copycat!

YUK!

G.

Bobbyrx
06-15-2010, 02:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give me a few examples of what he could have done, that he didn't do?
</div></div>

Gayle, I think you would feel the same way if it were the beaches of Maryland. You go to the beach and see nothing but a few booms (which don't work if there if there are 1 foot waves). No clean up workers, nothing. He trusted B.P., and that was his biggest mistake, and now it's too late. link (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2012118082_oilforeign15.html) He should have been on the scene from day 1. He should taken help from any country that offered to help, instead of letting B.P. handle it. Now it's too late. I dare say if oil was washing up onto the hull of your boat, and you saw on T.V., the President playing another round of golf or hanging out with Paul McCartney instead of being all over this catastrophe, you would be irate also. But I am completely over to your side now about the oil companies. You can't trust ANYTHING that they say or trust them to do anything they promise. I hope Obama makes me feel better after the speech tonight than after the empty photo ops on the beaches yesterday. He's the only one who can hold B.P.'s feet to the fire and if he will, remains to be seen, judging from past performance.

Gayle in MD
06-15-2010, 02:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give me a few examples of what he could have done, that he didn't do?
</div></div>

Gayle, I think you would feel the same way if it were the beaches of Maryland. You go to the beach and see nothing but a few booms (which don't work if there if there are 1 foot waves). No clean up workers, nothing. He trusted B.P., and that was his biggest mistake, and now it's too late. link (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2012118082_oilforeign15.html) He should have been on the scene from day 1. He should taken help from any country that offered to help, instead of letting B.P. handle it. Now it's too late. I dare say if oil was washing up onto the hull of your boat, and you saw on T.V., the President playing another round of golf or hanging out with Paul McCartney instead of being all over this catastrophe, you would be irate also. But I am completely over to your side now about the oil companies. You can't trust ANYTHING that they say or trust them to do anything they promise. I hope Obama makes me feel better after the speech tonight than after the empty photo ops on the beaches yesterday. He's the only one who can hold B.P.'s feet to the fire and if he will, remains to be seen, judging from past performance. </div></div>

Bobby,
I am sure I would probably be even more upset, but tell you the truth, it's hard to imagine that. I am about as upset about this thing as I can stand to be.

As for what he could or should have been doing.... I know he was talking from the start with experts, trying to figure out the best course of action, and I know that some of his concerns were about keeping BP on the hook, for everything, legally, probably because there are not a boatload of tankers, just sitting round, without oil in them, on their way to somewhere.

Then there has also been the on-going concern for safety of any volunteers. Now there is a shortage of suits for them to wear. And they neede training before they could be allowed to get involved in the clean up.

First there were not enough booms, and then after they got them, it was too windy for them to do much good.

I heard T. Boone Pickens on Larry King saying right from the start, that none of BP's efforts would work, save the relief well. He stated they were all long shots.

IMO, BP lied about what could be done, lied about the effectiveness of what they could try to do, and their effots were just shots in the dark, to make it LOOK like they were doing something.

BP lied and said they need room around the well, and don't send in any armadas of ships, which would only get in their way.

There were not skimmers in the area. It took time for them and the reciever tankers to get there.

This event was wrought with a slew of misfortune.

Bottom line, I think we've all learned there is not much that CAN be done quickly, to stop the oil, when the wells are drilled so deep under the ocean floor.

Personally, I wish they would prevent any further deep water drilling off America's coast. I never want to see this again.

I also hope the president will be successful in solving this disaster.

G.

eg8r
06-15-2010, 06:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope Obama makes me feel better after the speech tonight than after the empty photo ops on the beaches yesterday. He's the only one who can hold B.P.'s feet to the fire and if he will, remains to be seen, judging from past performance.
</div></div>That is soooo Obama to try and steal the limelight from my Yankees. We have 2 options here, watch Obama continue to lie to us, or watch CC beat up on Doc. I am with option 2. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Sev
06-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Not impressed with the speech.

No answers. No solutions.

Lots of bluster.

pooltchr
06-15-2010, 09:19 PM
But he did lay more groundwork for his cap and trade bill!

Steve