PDA

View Full Version : New friends from the CCB

Scott Lee
08-24-2002, 11:31 PM
As I continue to travel around the country, I thoroughly enjoy getting to meet new people, and "pool kooks" like myself. It seems that we are drawn to those like ourselves, and I, for one, can't get enough of new friends who love this game the same way I do!

Thursday and Friday I had another great opportunity to meet new friends from the CCB. PQQLK9, aka Nick, is a great guy who, like myself, loves life, and loves pool! We had a great time, and his lesson went very smoothly! He is definitely someone to look up when you are in Charlotte!

Next, I met with Ross, who lives in Chapel Hill, NC. Ross is a great player, and we had a terrific day together, working on his game, enjoying a couple of meals together, and then going out to see the poolrooms around that area.
If you get to Chapel Hill, Oscar's is a very nice room, with some absolutely GREAT Gandy tables...some of the liveliest rubber I have EVER seen! You almost could blow on the CB and make it lag up and down the table! LOL

I am spending this weekend with my great friend, Willie Jopling, playing hours and hours of one pocket! At 76 years young, Willie can still hit 'em VERY strong! LOL I have met few people his age who can stand at the pool table for 8-10 hours without batting an eye!

Next week, I will be in the Baltimore/Wash. DC area to give some lessons to Whitewolf and his wife, Bluewolf. Anyone else interested can contact me directly via email.

Scott Lee

Doctor_D
08-25-2002, 04:43 AM
Good morning Scott:

Please let me know when you will be visiting NYC as I would love to meet you and personally say hello to another fellow CCBr.

Dr. D.

Vagabond
08-25-2002, 05:12 AM
Hi scott Lee,
Can u please tell Mr.Jopling that his recent tape on one pocket is a very good one and I liked it.Also please tell him that he can still play like a champion.Next time u go to chappel hill area please visit Babineau`s( it is a french name.spelling ?) on Buck jones road in Cary(research triangle area) and tell me what u think about it.Cheers
Vagabond

Scott Lee
08-25-2002, 08:23 AM
Dr. D...Will do! That should be in February or March.

Scott Lee

Ross
08-25-2002, 12:15 PM
In case anyone had any doubt by now, let me say that Scott is a lot of fun, an enthusiastic teacher, and a great guy. We had a blast hanging out and I got many good pointers for improving my game. Now I just have to put in the work at the table to make it happen. Also, from his many years and many miles traveled in the pool world, Scott has a boatload of great pool stories to share.

Scott, I look forward to seeing you and hanging out with you again when our paths cross. You know you have a place to stay if you need it whenever you are coming through my area. Happy traveling, buddy!

Tom_In_Cincy
08-25-2002, 12:20 PM
Scott,
As you criss-cross this big pool country, your visits to Cincy are still very welcome. Next time, when you come thru, maybe we can continue our One Pocket match..

Scott Lee
08-25-2002, 01:26 PM
Tom...LOL! I'll have an advantage, because I'll have been studying Willie Jopling's new one-pocket tape longer than you! Hope to see you again soon!

Scott