PDA

View Full Version : BP ...is helping those affected by the spill

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 01:12 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-s...obref=obnetwork (http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-03/gulf-oil-spill-bp-pleasure-boat-scandal/?obref=obnetwork)

Gayle in MD
06-14-2010, 01:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-03/gulf-oil-spill-bp-pleasure-boat-scandal/?obref=obnetwork </div></div>

Quite a lot of money going out to the affected people, I'd say. Now if the Republicans would just back off o fblocking the lifting of the maximum dollar amount on what we can charge BP, we'd go forward far faster.

But then, the retro party isn't exactly what one would call progressive.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Deeman3
06-14-2010, 01:58 PM
I am not sure that is needed, in this case. BP has publically stated they will pay all legitimate claims. I think, long term, we need to raise the limits but BP will pay as they have promised I think.

It might be good to escrow some of the money, however, as long as it is not allowed to be distributed by the Dems. We all know where that will end up.

Gayle in MD
06-14-2010, 02:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not sure that is needed, in this case. BP has publically stated they will pay all legitimate claims. I think, long term, we need to raise the limits but BP will pay as they have promised I think.

It might be good to escrow some of the money, however, as long as it is not allowed to be distributed by the Dems. We all know where that will end up. </div></div>

Bp doesn't have a very good record of paying what they should. The word, "Legitimate" is the operative word, and hence, the cause for concern.
They have plenty of billions to put off settlements in the courts, and that's their history.
g.

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 02:38 PM
I suppose we should just let BP pay the government, and let Nancy and Harry figure out who deserves what.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

wolfdancer
06-15-2010, 02:01 AM
I don't think anybody here read the report.....

Stretch
06-15-2010, 02:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think anybody here read the report..... </div></div>

Worth concidering as well is that stock in BP has plunged again. Just how much will the company bare before it goes into bankrupcy? They could just walk away after that.....What then? Diplomatic tensions are already a bit tight since this British Company employs a lot of Brits and a huge amount of Britains Pension funds are tied up with BP. If this Company sinks under this fiasko it's going down with a lot of Englishmen aboard. St.

Gayle in MD
06-15-2010, 02:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think anybody here read the report..... </div></div>

Worth concidering as well is that stock in BP has plunged again. Just how much will the company bare before it goes into bankrupcy? They could just walk away after that.....What then? Diplomatic tensions are already a bit tight since this British Company employs a lot of Brits and a huge amount of Britains Pension funds are tied up with BP. If this Company sinks under this fiasko it's going down with a lot of Englishmen aboard. St. </div></div>

Yep, and Americans as well. I think I heard a statistic that forty percent of the stockholders are Americans.

Dealing with this mess is surely a thin line to be walked.

G.

Bobbyrx
06-15-2010, 04:12 AM
You are right, "Legitimate" is the key word. I don't believe a word they say. BP has for the past few weeks taken out a full page color ad, daily, in the Birmingham News promising the moon, but NOTHING they have done so far gives me any reason to think they will deliver. They have even gone so far as to buy up search terms on Google and Yahoo to further their PR campaignlink (http://blog.al.com/live/2010/06/bp_buys_search_terms_on_google.html)

Sev
06-15-2010, 05:48 AM
Sounds like BP is using some of that oil to do some bottom drilling on the fisherman.

Weekend warriors with pleasure boats vs experienced sea hands.

It should be a no brainer.

Gayle in MD
06-15-2010, 06:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right, "Legitimate" is the key word. I don't believe a word they say. BP has for the past few weeks taken out a full page color ad, daily, in the Birmingham News promising the moon, but NOTHING they have done so far gives me any reason to think they will deliver. They have even gone so far as to buy up search terms on Google and Yahoo to further their PR campaignlink (http://blog.al.com/live/2010/06/bp_buys_search_terms_on_google.html) </div></div>

I think our president is going to see to it that they deliver. They have plenty of money. I think I read somewhere they had over six billion profits in the first quarter. Even at that, we have the best legal minds in the country down there to oversee our interests.

Exxon is now bashing BP, lol, after everything they pulled to avoid paying up their fair share in the Valdez tragedy.

I have to laugh at their message about following all of the redundant safe guards, because even with everything fully activated correctly, what is so obvious to me is that if something goes wrong, there is no quick way to close these deep water wells.

BTW, Kevin Costner, has gotten the go ahead to use his recovery equipment, which seperates the oil from the water. Let's hope this will make a big difference in how much of it reaches the shore. He has been trying to meet with BP for weeks, and they have been blowoing him off, obviously, their main goal has been to secure whatever amount of oil they can, for their own profit margins, and keep everyone else's eyes as far away as possible.

G.

Sev
06-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Its about time Costner equipment got the green light.

Neither BP or the government would allow him in.

Lets hope his design works.

Gayle in MD
06-15-2010, 06:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its about time Costner equipment got the green light.

Neither BP or the government would allow him in.

Lets hope his design works. </div></div>

Another of your myths? I supposes you don't even know who put him in there? Didn't watch him testify to our Representatives about what he could do, and how BP had treated him?

Figures.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif