PDA

View Full Version : LMAO RW Protests Mandatory Trash Collections!

Gayle in MD
06-14-2010, 01:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tea Party and FreedomWorks plan demonstration against mandatory trash collection.
The tea party movement and their corporate-funded astroturf backers at FreedomWorks often claim to be fighting “big government.” For instance, FreedomWorks complained that the individual mandate in the new health care law was an “unacceptable, unconscionable, … complete perversion of the liberties our founders fought and died to protect.” Now, local chapters of the tea party and FreedomWorks are collaborating to plan a protest in Gwinnet County, Georgia, to voice their latest grievance against government powers — mandatory home trash collection:

Three political activist groups are joining together Saturday to protest Gwinnett County’s new trash plan, which begins July 1. The Four Corners Tea Party, FreedomWorks Gwinnett and Gwinnett Citizens for Responsible Government have organized the protest, which will begin at 11 a.m. Saturday at the gazebo next to the Gwinnett Historic Courthouse on the Lawrenceville square. [...]

“It’s our way of letting the commissioners know we remember their vote and we’re not going to forget it,” said Debbie Dooley, a Dacula resident and the Georgia grassroots coordinator for FreedomWorks. “We want to make sure they are held accountable for their vote.”

The county’s new solid waste program will make trash collection mandatory for all homeowners in unincorporated Gwinnett County. City residents are not affected by the plan.

The Four Corners Tea Party says on its Facebook page that the group is concerned with “REQUIRING people who live in the unincorporated parts of the county to pay for trash pick-up…whether they like it or not.”
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>BWA HA HA HA...what a bunch of nutjobs! </span> </span>

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 02:24 PM
A lot of people who live in rural areas take their own trash to the landfill. Maybe they prefer doing it on their own, rather than depending on (and paying for) government to do it for them.

Steve

Sev
06-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Seems a bit draconian to me.

People are capable of taking their own trash to the dump.

We all know the mafia is involved in waste disposal. Sounds like a payoff to me.

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Just another way to get more people dependant on the government for every part of their lives.

Steve

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 02:55 PM
I just read, the genious's post....garbage/trash pickup is now a government entitlement program, as I'm sure sewage systems, water, must also be...wtf.
Yep folks you read it here...Obama is now trying to force Americans to dump their garbage!!!!

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 02:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just read, the genious's post....garbage/trash pickup is now a government entitlement program, as I'm sure sewage systems, water, must also be...wtf.
Yep folks you read it here...Obama is now trying to force Americans to dump their garbage!!!! </div></div>

Congratulations! Just when I thought you might be as smart as a 5 grader, you took it back about 3 years!!!

You don't even know the difference between an entitlement program, and mandatory services being provided by the government at a cost to the taxpayers.
Imagine how shocking it must be to know that some people are quite capable of disposing of their own garbage. People who are willing to take control of an aspect of their own lives, rather than depend on the government to provide it to them!
It's downright unamerican to turn down "free" government services!!!

Steve

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 03:58 PM
I don't give a rat's a** about wtf you think about me....I'd brag that I am about twice as smart as you iz,...but then isn't everybody????????
I'm sure that a great intellect like yourself thinks that every inner-city family has the transportation and the means to take their trash to the dump site, or that they would even care to. I have taken both commercial and "private" trash to a private dump site in SF, where you pay by the weight....but it's not for everyday household trash....you are fortunate living up there ....the pigs will eat your food wastes...and then you will eat the pigs....it's the perfect ecological cycle.....the way God and Jesse Helms intended it to be
As to not knowing the difference...it was a parody of your post claims where everything is a GD entitlement.
NOW heres the thing...the trash collection is not free, not run by some welfare agency for democrats and liberals....it's paid for...and you may want to write this down for future reference....by either municipal(city) or county...taxes......just like the fire/ police and road maintenance are.
Do me a real favor will you....I'd be eternally faithful...and thanks in advance.
One thing that really irritates me is some ... trying to tell other people that they are as stupid as they themselves come across to others as.
Pool and politics....I think you have somehow gotten them mixed up....just because you have some knowledge about one....doesn't mean you can comment intelligently on the other.....and you are the living proof of that.
Your whole gig here...the gist of all your posts iz that the three or four of us here that tend to favor the Democrats....are stupid, because they don't agree with your politics, and expert opinions on world and local events, and also don't recognise you as some kind of guru.....
After some ? years of spouting that crap....ain't you yourself, some kind of dummy, for thinking that your next post is going to win them over to your way of thinking? Or are you, as I suspect that you are....just trying to impress everybody on your side of the aisle that you are the de facto leader, and not lww?
Your posts are just boiler plate....

Gayle in MD
06-14-2010, 04:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just read, the genious's post....garbage/trash pickup is now a government entitlement program, as I'm sure sewage systems, water, must also be...wtf.
Yep folks you read it here...Obama is now trying to force Americans to dump their garbage!!!! </div></div>

It's even more ridiculous considerting we are witnessing THE MOST VISUAL EXAMPLE EVER OF ENVIRONMENTAL DESTRUCTION IN MODERN TIMES and it's all because of Republican deregulatory policies!

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Without eight years of Bush/Cheney Republican Deregulatory, oil friendly policies, we would not be watching this tragedy unfold!!! Yet here they all are, yapping about no government involvement!

NUTS These people are NUTS!</span>

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 04:43 PM
First of all, had you actually read the article, you would have seen it is the unincorporated part of the county, not the inner city. Typically, people who live in rural areas are more capable of handling little things like a trip to the landfill once a week.
I also understand that trash collection is not a free service, but paid for with local taxes. That is the point. I would suggest that these people probably prefer to continue to do for themselves, rather than accept a likely tax increase in order for the government to do the job for them.

Now, I have a question for you. Are you naturally a jack-ass, or is this something you have worked to develop over years?

Steve

LWW
06-14-2010, 06:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First of all, had you actually read the article</div></div>

Surely that wasn't a serious question.

LWW

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 07:36 PM
actually , I just respond to pig brained ******** like yerself and, well you know who ..."and" is...
Say here's a great idea for you, Sev, and lww....you should move your informative posts from this site to Twitter....as .......it's for Twits

Sev
06-14-2010, 07:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just read, the genious's post....garbage/trash pickup is now a government entitlement program, as I'm sure sewage systems, water, must also be...wtf.

It's even more ridiculous considerting we are witnessing THE MOST VISUAL EXAMPLE EVER OF ENVIRONMENTAL DESTRUCTION IN MODERN TIMES and it's all because of Republican deregulatory policies!

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Without eight years of Bush/Cheney Republican Deregulatory, oil friendly policies, we would not be watching this tragedy unfold!!! Yet here they all are, yapping about no government involvement!

NUTS These people are NUTS!</span> </div></div>

WTF are you talking about????
What the hell does Bush have to do with local trash pickup in rural areas?????

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 07:48 PM
and I would suggest otherwise....else they would rise up enmasse and storm the castle with pitchforks and torches.
But if you believe that given the choice, they would prefer to place their garbage in the family touring sedan, and drive out to the dump site on their day off, just to save the differences between the costs of doing it yourself, Vs the costs of having someone else do it....you are welcome to that idea.
So, I am to assume that there were no protests by the left...or doesn't the left inhabit these rural areas that you speak of.
Probably cause it's well known that only the right are country folks and only.....
xxx (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIWb8HJ5gLo)
Never heard this one....but it's pretty good.....Alabama...the capitol?
reb (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnhKpdgHSO8&feature=related)

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 09:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
WTF are you talking about????
What the hell does Bush have to do with local trash pickup in rural areas?????

</div></div>

When has she ever let that stop her. She has to have her minimum daily number of "But Bush" rants in order to remind her pawns on here that she is still in charge.
Making sense is not a requirement for the left!

Steve

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Is she going too fast for you....?

pooltchr
06-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Sev,
She is so out of touch, and grasping at straws trying to take attention away from her fearless failure of a president, that she is all over the place.
Brings to mind the term "fart in a whirlwind". You are never quite sure where it's coming from, or where it's going, but you can tell by the smell where it is!

Steve

wolfdancer
06-14-2010, 09:21 PM
buck fush....you seem to have your own idiotic, unschooled rants about Obama, and how much smarter you iz then he iz.
You haven't made any sense since day one of your arrival here....where you posted one of your usual idiotic " the left bs posts " Trying to be nice, I suggested that you might be turning off prospective students, with your unfounded, and unsupported accusations ....and you replied..............
to the effect that if they didn't buy into your bubba bs, they didn't deserve to have you as their instructor.....
This of course, was the last time that we actually agreed on something....
If anybody reads your posts for....as you wrote.....to get educated....I really feel sorry for them. I'd rather listen to Bill O, and I hate that ******* a'hole

Qtec
06-15-2010, 12:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sev,
She is so out of touch, and grasping at straws trying to take attention away from her fearless failure of a president, that she is all over the place. </div></div>

LOL I hate to mention it again but you are one of the most ill informed members on the NPR.
Q

Qtec
06-15-2010, 12:45 AM
LMAO.

Q...........lets not get too personal tho.........eh Wolf?

Gayle in MD
06-15-2010, 02:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">buck fush....you seem to have your own idiotic, unschooled rants about Obama, and how much smarter you iz then he iz.
You haven't made any sense since day one of your arrival here....where you posted one of your usual idiotic " the left bs posts " Trying to be nice, I suggested that you might be turning off prospective students, with your unfounded, and unsupported accusations ....and you replied..............
to the effect that if they didn't buy into your bubba bs, they didn't deserve to have you as their instructor.....
This of course, was the last time that we actually agreed on something....
If anybody reads your posts for....as you wrote.....to get educated....I really feel sorry for them. I'd rather listen to Bill O, and I hate that ******* a'hole </div></div>

It's really so funny with everything in shambles thanks to Republican policies, that as we are watching the Gulf fill up with oil, compliments of Republican deregulation, the right has their mind on garbage removal, and the pittance of having it hauled away from neighborhoods, rather than every single homeowner driving to the dump individually.

But then, we knew they didn't have any common sense, and we knew they were penny wise and pound foolish.

Their stupidity is stunning. Every service is now a government take over, ha ha ha...nutjobs!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
06-15-2010, 02:19 AM
I doubt that many on either side of the aisle would agree with our "esteemed luminary" from N.C. Garbage collection is now an entitlement!!! WTF....

Gayle in MD
06-15-2010, 03:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt that many on either side of the aisle would agree with our "esteemed luminary" from N.C. Garbage collection is now an entitlement!!! WTF....
</div></div>

One of many of his completely illogical and/or incorrect statements. The right is famous for them.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sev
06-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Its called freedom of choice.

There are plenty of local and national trash removal business out there.

We use a local business to keep the money in the area rather than a national organization such as waste management. I also have the choice of going directly to the local transfer station should I choose to.

It would appear you are not pro choice.

Gayle in MD
06-15-2010, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its called freedom of choice.

We use a local business to keep the money in the area rather than a national organization such as waste management. I also have the choice of going directly to the local transfer station should I choose to.

It would appear you are not pro choice. </div></div>

It is in the interest of the common good not to have trash piling up in communities. It's also a health conern. Nearly every county in this country has it's own laws regarding the collection of trash, and if there is anyone out there stupid enough to make a fuss over such laws, then they really should move the hell out of whereever they live, since they obviously can't afford to live there if they are going to make a big damn Constitutional crises over trash removal.

What they're asking for is special treatment. They don't deserve to increase costs for all, just so they can be treated differently from all the other homeowners in their area. They should have enough sense to realize that the collectors cannot run their businesses to suit every individual home owner's desires. Part of living in a democracy involves laws which all abide by, designed to create the best policies in order to promote the common good.

Idiocy personaified.

G.

Sev
06-15-2010, 07:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its called freedom of choice.

It is in the interest of the common good not to have trash piling up in communities. It's also a health conern. Nearly every county in this country has it's own laws regarding the collection of trash, and if there is anyone out there stupid enough to make a fuss over such laws, then they really should move the hell out of whereever they live, since they obviously can't afford to live there if they are going to make a big damn Constitutional crises over trash removal.

What they're asking for is special treatment. They don't deserve to increase costs for all, just so they can be treated differently from all the other homeowners in their area. They should have enough sense to realize that the collectors cannot run their businesses to suit every individual home owner's desires. Part of living in a democracy involves laws which all abide by, designed to create the best policies in order to promote the common good.

Idiocy personaified.

G. </div></div>

What trash piling up???

What are you talking about?

And no you are wrong about the legislation. Now Urban centers generally charge their city residents a fee for trash collection.
Unless private industry is doing it.
Garbage on the streets is generally a fining offense and gets the board of health involved.

pooltchr
06-15-2010, 07:31 AM
You seem to have a hard time distinguishing between communities and unincorporated areas. Unincorporated areas are typically rural areas. People usually choose to live "in the country" for a reason. They are generally independent minded, and tend to rely on their own resources, rather than looking for government services. They are often served b y volunteer fire departments rather than government provided service. They are quite capable of trash disposal. They just resent the government coming in and telling them they MUST accept (and pay for) something they don't believe they need.

How hard is this to comprehend. Some people do not want more government...they want less.

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-15-2010, 07:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its called freedom of choice.

Idiocy personaified.

G. </div></div>

What trash piling up???

And no you are wrong about the legislation. Now Urban centers generally charge their city residents a fee for trash collection.
Garbage on the streets is generally a fining offense and gets the board of health involved.

</div></div>

Your post has nothing to do with mine, at all. As I said, each county usually has their own laws regarding trash collection.

Residents either must comply with their local law, or move, or be fined.

The health department is usually called in to deal with offenders of the laws. IN some areas it is the Policde Department.

We can't change local laws, for every single individual who doesn't want to abide by them. they are written for the common good.

As usual, your response has no value at all to the discussion at hand.

G.

Sev
06-15-2010, 07:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its called freedom of choice.

Idiocy personaified.

G. </div></div>

What trash piling up???

</div></div>

Your post has nothing to do with mine, at all. As I said, each county usually has their own laws regarding trash collection.

Residents either must comply with their local law, or move, or be fined.

The health department is usually called in to deal with offenders of the laws. IN some areas it is the Policde Department.

We can't change local laws, for every single individual who doesn't want to abide by them. they are written for the common good.

As usual, your response has no value at all to the discussion at hand.

G. </div></div>

Actually now that you articulated it in that manner I don't see much of a disagreement.

However in NY it is the municipalities that have rules for trash pickup. Once outside the towns and cities it is still left up to the individuals to determine the best course of action to dispose of household waste.
On many occasions it is still the citizens responsibility to dispose of the trash.
It just depends on the size of the town.

Now generally counties prohibit individuals having private dump sites for a whole host of environmental reasons I believe we can all agree on.

Gayle in MD
06-15-2010, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, local chapters of the tea party and FreedomWorks are collaborating to plan a protest in Gwinnet County, Georgia, to voice their latest grievance against government powers — mandatory home trash collection:
</div></div>

New York is not the subject of this thread.

What's next, protest over mandatory rabbies shots for pets?

We have laws for reasons. Tea Partiers are among the most anti-American people in the country. They have no respect for our laws, or their government. A bunch of whiney twists, who live in the best country in the world, and want the laws of the land to allow them to dictate to everyone else according to their screwed up version of Democracy. They want their cake and eat it too. As soon as they have an emergency, their the first ones out there begging for Government intervention. Their platform, itself, is built on ignorance of our own Constitution.

G.