PDA

View Full Version : New One Pocket tape is available

Scott Lee
08-24-2002, 11:41 PM
My friend Willie Jopling, the famous trickshot artist, also happens to be one heck of a one pocket player...trust me, this man can bank out from Mars! LOL Over the years he and I have played over 100 hrs of one pocket, and I treasure the chances I get to visit with him and learn new things about pool.

Willie has just completed a new two-hour tape on One Pocket. He will be selling his new tape, along with his trickshot tape, trickshot book, and other items at the U.S. Open next month. For those of you that are interested in his new one-pocket tape, and can't get to the Open, I am taking orders for him. The tape is $45 + $4 shipping (this is HIS price...I am getting zero out of this). I just received a copy of this tape, and will be reviewing it here shortly, but you can be sure there will be MANY nuggets of wisdom about this game, that anyone wanting to learn one pocket will enjoy! He is in the middle of producing a 2nd one pocket tape, that will include a match between he and I where I run 8 and out, and he runs 8 and out, in two games back to back! If you love one-hole, you will love this tape!

Scott Lee

NH_Steve
08-25-2002, 05:28 AM
Those tapes sound great to me! Lucky guy, spending that much time with a living legend of the game like Jopling. I was fortunate to get a little time playing a couple of great one pocket players from the Boston area: Boston Shorty and Bob Ingersoll. I've got especially fond memories of 'Ingie', he was a real gentleman, and a very fine 'mover' even very late in his years...

Scott Lee
08-26-2002, 03:09 PM
To anyone interested in learning more about one-pocket:

This tape is awesome! It has over 200 shots, from a cinch to shoot (if you think of it), to incredible double-kiss banks...which are fairly tough to be consistent on! There are break shots, break "escapes", end game shots, TONS of bank shots and safeties...too much to list all of it here. Suffice it to say, ANY ability one-pocket player will learn something new from this tape! It is compiled from more than 50 years of playing one-pocket with the greatest names to ever play the game! You can order it direct from Willie at: Willie Jopling, P.O. 2215, Lynchburg, VA 24501. You can call him at 434-384-8525.

Scott Lee

PQQLK9
08-26-2002, 05:05 PM
I gotta get me one of those...