PDA

View Full Version : No more thrills running down their legs!

LWW
06-16-2010, 05:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann and Howard Fineman react to President Obama's Oval Office Address on the oil spill. Here are the highlights of what the trio said:

Olbermann: "It was a great speech if you were on another planet for the last 57 days."

Matthews compared Obama to Carter.

Olbermann: "Nothing specific at all was said."

Matthews: "No direction."

Howard Fineman: "He wasn't specific enough."

Olbermann: "I don't think he aimed low, I don't think he aimed at all. It's startling."

Howard Fineman: Obama should be acting like a "commander-in-chief."

Matthews: Ludicrous that he keeps saying [Secretary of Energy] Chu has a Nobel prize. "I'll barf if he does it one more time."

Matthews: "A lot of meritocracy, a lot of blue ribbon talk."

Matthews: "I don't sense executive command." </div></div>
&gt;&gt;&gt;DEAREST LEADER IS NOT HAPPY&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/15/msnbc_trashes_obamas_address_compared_to_carter_i_ dont_sense_executive_command.html)

LWW

Sev
06-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Shocking!!!
Perhaps the Bamster should raise their pay grade to get more favorable reporting.

pooltchr
06-16-2010, 06:39 AM
A lot of talk about going forward with his cap and trade plan, and converting to "alternative" energy sources.

Very little about what his plans are for containing the oil in the gulf.

He brought new meaning to the term "empty suit".

Steve

Sev
06-16-2010, 07:15 AM
He is def not getting rave reviews from last nights speech. Litigators are not equipped to deal with situations that can not be fixed by a lawsuit.
Legislation will not solve the current situation. Future problems perhaps.
These people are not scientist or engineers and probably do not understand half of what is being explained to them.

The basic problem is that America for all our talent and innovation is completely unprepared to deal with major disasters on our own soil.

He was deflecting and trying to push his agenda through by leveraging the disaster. Poorly done if you ask me.