PDA

View Full Version : The regime prepares the road to tyranny.

LWW
06-16-2010, 10:44 AM
And the Obamatrons will comply like the sheep they are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A new US Senate Bill would grant the President far-reaching emergency powers to seize control of, or even shut down, portions of the internet.

The legislation says that companies such as broadband providers, search engines or software firms that the US Government selects "shall immediately comply with any emergency measure or action developed" by the Department of Homeland Security. Anyone failing to comply would be fined.

That emergency authority would allow the Federal Government to "preserve those networks and assets and our country and protect our people," Joe Lieberman, the primary sponsor of the measure and the chairman of the Homeland Security committee, told reporters on Thursday. Lieberman is an independent senator from Connecticut who meets with the Democrats.

Due to there being few limits on the US President's emergency power, which can be renewed indefinitely, the densely worded 197-page Bill (PDF) is likely to encounter stiff opposition.

TechAmerica, probably the largest US technology lobby group, said it was concerned about "unintended consequences that would result from the legislation's regulatory approach" and "the potential for absolute power". And the Center for Democracy and Technology publicly worried that the Lieberman Bill's emergency powers "include authority to shut down or limit internet traffic on private systems."

The idea of an internet "kill switch" that the President could flip is not new. A draft Senate proposal that ZDNet Australia's sister site CNET obtained in August allowed the White House to "declare a cybersecurity emergency", and another from Sens. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.V.) and Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) would have explicitly given the government the power to "order the disconnection" of certain networks or websites.

On Thursday, both senators lauded Lieberman's Bill, which is formally titled Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act, or PCNAA. Rockefeller said "I commend" the drafters of the PCNAA. Collins went further, signing up at a co-sponsor and saying at a press conference that "we cannot afford to wait for a cyber 9/11 before our government realises the importance of protecting our cyber resources".

Under PCNAA, the Federal Government's power to force private companies to comply with emergency decrees would become unusually broad. Any company on a list created by Homeland Security that also "relies on" the internet, the telephone system or any other component of the US "information infrastructure" would be subject to command by a new National Center for Cybersecurity and Communications (NCCC) that would be created inside Homeland Security.</div></div>

We desperately need leaders such as Jefferson, Madison, Washington, Culpepper, Gadsden and Hamilton! (http://www.zdnet.com.au/internet-kill-switch-proposed-for-us-339303838.htm)

LWW

Sev
06-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Another brick in the road to tyranny.

wolfdancer
06-16-2010, 07:08 PM
man, that is great news....I'd suggest that he shut this ****** site down first....it's become a haven for malcontents...and who knows....as these simple minded nut jobs feed off of each others anger...one of them may decide to be a hero......

Sev
06-16-2010, 07:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man, that is great news....I'd suggest that he shut this ****** site down first....it's become a haven for malcontents...and who knows....as these simple minded nut jobs feed off of each others anger...one of them may decide to be a hero...... </div></div>

Now Wolfi we make allowances for you. You shouldnt beat yourself up like that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
06-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Obama has nothing to fear from me, I both like and respect the man.

Sev
06-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Now you see. Its talk like that indicates a serious problem.

pooltchr
06-16-2010, 07:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man, that is great news....I'd suggest that he shut this ****** site down first....it's become a haven for malcontents...and who knows....as these simple minded nut jobs feed off of each others anger...one of them may decide to be a hero...... </div></div>

If you hate it so much here, try something radical....like not logging in!!!

Steve

wolfdancer
06-16-2010, 07:57 PM
???

hondo
06-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Well, I'm always concerned with your wingnut blog sources, but if this is true, I agree with you.
Just more proof that the same entities that were pulling Bush's strings are pulling Obama'S.

Qtec
06-17-2010, 12:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>emergency</span> powers </div></div>

I would have thought you would be all for anything that is a matter of Nat Sec.

Q

Qtec
06-17-2010, 04:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team Woefully Unprepared: Report</span>

LOLITA C. BALDOR | 0WASHINGTON The federal agency in charge of securing the government's computer systems is unable to monitor the networks or analyze threats in real time, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>and it lacks the authority and staff it needs to do its job, according to an internal report.</span>

The U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team must share information about threats and trends more quickly and in greater detail with other federal departments so they can better protect themselves, the audit said.

Issued Wednesday by the Homeland Security Department's inspector general, the report lays out criticism <span style='font-size: 14pt'>that long has been aired by U.S. officials and outside experts who say the government's computer systems are vulnerable to attacks, are persistently probed, and lack the needed management and security standards.</span>

And it highlights many of the problems Congress is trying to address in a number of bills aimed at creating a more effective government structure to improve and enforce security standards.

Cyber security has become a top priority for the government, bolstered by President Barack Obama's declaration last year that <u>it is <span style='font-size: 20pt'>"one of the most serious economic and national security challenges we face."</span></u> Officials say U.S. networks are scanned and probed millions of times a day, and in some cases breached by hackers, cyber criminals and other nations</div></div>

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/16/us-computer-emergency-readiness-team_n_615329.html)

Q

pooltchr
06-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Q,
This is nothing more than the ultimate in government censorship. It's already being done in countries where the government feels the need to repress the masses.

When the government can control the flow of information, we are all in trouble.

There is nothing anyone can say that can justify this action.

Steve

Sev
06-17-2010, 06:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I'm always concerned with your wingnut blog sources, but if this is true, I agree with you.
Just more proof that the same entities that were pulling Bush's strings are pulling Obama'S. </div></div>

Hippi would be proud of you.
I will inform him when I speak with him on FB.

LWW
06-17-2010, 06:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>emergency</span> powers </div></div>

I would have thought you would be all for anything that is a matter of Nat Sec.

Q </div></div>

Liberty is THE foremost matter of national security.

LWW

Sev
06-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Here here!!!

LWW
06-18-2010, 05:14 AM
Liberty is also the foremost enemy of statism and tyranny.

This is documented throughout this forum.

LWW

LWW
06-18-2010, 05:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I'm always concerned with your wingnut blog sources, but if this is true, I agree with you.
Just more proof that the same entities that were pulling Bush's strings are pulling Obama'S. </div></div>

I would give you an A for that post ... it shows true progress ... if you weren't claiming that CBS and the demokook controlled US congress were "WINGNUT BLOG SOURCES" as that drug your post down to a B- IMHO.

LWW

hondo
06-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Don't forget liberals. We hate liberty. Although I never have figured out why.
Sure seems to me like I like it. HMMMM.
While you guys were gloating over the Patriot Act I saw what it was going to do to our personal liberties. Truth vs. truthyness.

hondo
06-18-2010, 06:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I'm always concerned with your wingnut blog sources, but if this is true, I agree with you.

I would give you an A for that post ... it shows true progress ... if you weren't claiming that CBS and the demokook controlled US congress were "WINGNUT BLOG SOURCES" as that drug your post down to a B- IMHO.

LWW </div></div>

I read your link. Since when does CBS call themselves ZDNet?

BTW, there is no "showing progrss". I have never blindly defended Obama the way you did Bush for 8 years.
You've claimed I did, but like many things that's just one
of those little "truthyness" you chant as your mantra.

LWW
06-18-2010, 07:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read your link. Since when does CBS call themselves ZDNet?</div></div>

ZDNet is owned by CBS.

LWW

hondo
06-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Ok.