PDA

View Full Version : Nutty Republicans........ meet Sharron Angle .

Qtec
06-17-2010, 04:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sharron Angle Left Far-Right Third Party For Electoral Expedience, Members Say

The key to understanding Nevada Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle may be the fact that she has not always been a Republican.

For at least six years in the 1990s before she held state-level elective office, Angle was a member of the little-known Independent American Party, a right-wing party that combines elements of Ron Paul's doctrinaire libertarianism -- pro-gun, anti-tax, anti-bureaucracy, pro-states' rights -- with Christian social conservatism and fear of the "North American Union" and other forms of "global government." The small party attracted considerable controversy in 1994 when it took out a newspaper ad titled "Consequences of Sodomy: Ruin of a Nation," which suggested HIV could spread through the water.

Three members of the Independent American Party tell TPM that Angle, a Nye County, Nevada, school board member at the time, was an active member of the party in the 1990s. They say she only left the Independent American Party and became a Republican out of political expediency when she decided to seek a seat in the state assembly, to which she was elected in 1998.

"It was because she wanted to run for office. And it was difficult for members of our party to get elected at that time," Janine Hansen, executive director of the Independent American Party, tells TPM. "It was a strategic move on her part."</div></div>

read on (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/sharron-angle-and-the-independent-american-party.php?ref=fpa)

Endorsed by Palin and the Tea Party!!!!!!!!!

Q.......the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Gayle in MD
06-17-2010, 05:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sharron Angle Left Far-Right Third Party For Electoral Expedience, Members Say

The key to understanding Nevada Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle may be the fact that she has not always been a Republican.

For at least six years in the 1990s before she held state-level elective office, Angle was a member of the little-known Independent American Party, a right-wing party that combines elements of Ron Paul's doctrinaire libertarianism -- pro-gun, anti-tax, anti-bureaucracy, pro-states' rights -- with Christian social conservatism and fear of the "North American Union" and other forms of "global government." The small party attracted considerable controversy in 1994 when it took out a newspaper ad titled "Consequences of Sodomy: Ruin of a Nation," which suggested HIV could spread through the water.

Three members of the Independent American Party tell TPM that Angle, a Nye County, Nevada, school board member at the time, was an active member of the party in the 1990s. They say she only left the Independent American Party and became a Republican out of political expediency when she decided to seek a seat in the state assembly, to which she was elected in 1998.

"It was because she wanted to run for office. And it was difficult for members of our party to get elected at that time," Janine Hansen, executive director of the Independent American Party, tells TPM. "It was a strategic move on her part."</div></div>

read on (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/sharron-angle-and-the-independent-american-party.php?ref=fpa)

Endorsed by Palin and the Tea Party!!!!!!!!!

Q.......the lunatics have taken over the asylum. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Another Republican Nutjob! there are so many, it's hard to keep up.

It's funny, they are screaming they want their country back, but who the hell recognizes the country they say they want?

Outlaw alcohol in AZ!!!???? BWA HA HA HA, and Bachmann is out there dfending BP!!!! HA HA. Boehner attacking President Obama for coming down hard on BP!???? Ha ha ha, Palin saying things that are so stupid even O' Reilly is blown away.

It's pretty easy to see just whom it is that want's to take away our freedom, when you have a nutcase that wants to outlaw drinking in Los Vegas....

No wonder Republicans are not the country's "Cup Of Tea" LOL...</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Sev
06-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Aside from the alcohol looks like a great candidate.

No taxes, more guns, more states rights, less bureaucracy.

Whats not to like?

eg8r
06-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Good for her. It sounds like everything I hear so far other than the "HIV through water" stuff I agree with her.

To be honest though, even a moderate Dem is better than Reid.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-17-2010, 09:19 AM
The last poll I saw showed her leading Reid 50 to 39 percent.

Steve

Deeman3
06-17-2010, 12:40 PM
A good candidate. As we start the process of recovering form the recent left turn, people like her will help get us back on track I hope.

pooltchr
06-17-2010, 01:13 PM
If we can avoid cap and trade and the internet kill switch for the next six months, we might actually survive this whole mess.

Steve

Sev
06-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Well I just saw where the Micro Stamp Bill in NY just got shot down.
Thats a good sign. The libs still cant pass gun legislation in NY.

Gayle in MD
06-17-2010, 02:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A good candidate. As we start the process of recovering form the recent left turn, people like her will help get us back on track I hope. </div></div>

Since you think she's so good, then I assume you're ready for liquor to be outlawed in your own state?

I'd say Republicans wouldn't be hiding both Angle and Paul, if they were campaigning so well.

Reid is closing in on her...much of the riht only reads Rasmeussen polls, always far right. I just read a list of polls, only Rasmeussen had low numbers for President Obama....most were good.

g.

pooltchr
06-17-2010, 04:59 PM
You have every right to believe whatever poll suits your needs. Just be prepared for a huge disappointment come November when the only poll that counts is finished.

Steve

LWW
06-18-2010, 05:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The last poll I saw showed her leading Reid 50 to 39 percent.

Steve </div></div>

You know what the final explanation will be don't you?
wait for it ...
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>"Harry Reid was</span> <span style='font-size: 26pt'><u>OBVIOUSLY</u></span> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>a repuglican plant!"</span>

LWW

Sev
06-18-2010, 05:51 AM
They call him Wacky Weed. I mean Reid.

He's going to get smoked in any case.

Gayle in MD
06-18-2010, 07:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A good candidate. As we start the process of recovering form the recent left turn, people like her will help get us back on track I hope. </div></div>

LMAO

Ethan Miller / Getty Images
Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle, center, who was <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>endorsed by the Tea Party Express faces opposition by several key GOP players in her home state of Nevada.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Republican mayor of Reno, longtime Reid backer Bob Cashell, calls Angle an "ultra right-winger" who is "just too far to the right for me." While Rogich and Cashell supported Reid before Angle's GOP primary victory, their concerns about her reflect the feelings of many inside the GOP establishment.

Angle, 60, was an anti-tax, anti-government social conservative years before the tea party emerged. A largely unknown former state lawmaker with 10 grandchildren, she is as far outside the political establishment as Reid is inside.

Angle supports phasing out Social Security, wiping out the Education Department and returning to the days almost a century ago when the federal income tax was unconstitutional.

She has not said how she would — or even if she would — propose replacing government pensions or lost tax receipts.

During four terms in the state Assembly, she agitated leaders of both parties as a vote-no oppositional figure with sometimes unconventional views. She wanted female inmates to enter a drug rehabilitation program devised by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, an idea she still defends.

Angle backs the processing of nuclear waste at Yucca Mountain, a wildly unpopular idea in Nevada.

She is, for now, often the subject of ridicule.

Sue Lowden, Harry Reid, Danny Tarkanian, Sharron AngleA New poll released today by the conservative Las Vegas Review-Journal newspaper shows Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) either leading or within 3 percentage points of the Republican front runners, Sharron Angle, Danny Tarkanian and Sue Lowden.

The poll was conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling and Research who appears to conduct all the polls commissioned by the Review-Journal.

The question: If the 2010 General election for Nevada’s Senate seat were held today, for whom would you vote?

Harry Reid (D) 42%
Sharron Angle (R) 39%
Other 5%
None of the these 4 %
Undecided 10%

Sue Lowden (R) 42%
Harry Reid (D) 39%
Other 3%
None of these 6%
Undecided 10%

Danny Tarkanian (R)42%
Harry Reid 41% (D)
Other 4%
None of these 3%
Undecided 10%

The margin of error for the poll is plus or minus 4 percentage points. The polls question doesn’t offer a choice for a third party candidate, such as the Independent American Party which is Nevada’s third largest Party, Independent candidates or the Tea Party candidate, and by not including these party candidates by name and Party, the poll will be skewed.

Most of the previous Polls taken by the Review-Journal had show all three Republicans beating Senator Reid by double digits. But not anymore.

A poll taken three weeks ago by the polling firm Fairbanks, Maslin, Maullin and Metz showed Senator Harry Reid beating Sue Lowden by 7 percentage points. That poll included two other party candidates, which gave it a more accurate result.

Senator Reid had been counted out by the Pundits who were quoting numbers from the Review-Journal polls, those same pundits will all be singing a new tune after they see these new poll numbers.

The general election is still a little more than 5 months out, and there will be more polling numbers from the Review-Journal, and other polling firms before then, but there is no doubt that this race is getting tighter by the day.

Don't miss any of the Las Vegas Democrat Examiner articles:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
06-18-2010, 08:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is, for now, often the subject of ridicule.</div></div>Apparently the author you have quoted is a bit out of step with the voters and instead has their head up Reid's rear-end.

I love it when gayle pulls out the claws and attacks a strong opposing female.

eg8r

eg8r
06-18-2010, 08:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you think she's so good, then I assume you're ready for liquor to be outlawed in your own state?</div></div>I doubt she will have this type of control over my state though I personally don't think it is a bad idea in theory. Execution will be impossible but in theory it is an excellent idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reid is closing in on her...</div></div>LOL, now that is funny. Some old crusty, been there forever, waste of a senate seat should be waaaayyyyy out in the lead. The difference is the people are not listening to partisans like yourself that have embraced chicago corruption and outlandish good for nothing spending, they want REAL change. Not the garbage that flowed in with Obama.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-18-2010, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is, for now, often the subject of ridicule.</div></div>Apparently the author you have quoted is a bit out of step with the voters and instead has their head up Reid's rear-end.

I love it when gayle pulls out the claws and attacks a strong opposing female.

eg8r </div></div>

There is more than opinion on this post. There are poll numbers that prove Reid is closing the gap, and rising in the polls.

Instead of attacking, do you have anything of value to say about the poll numbers?

If no, please go your own way. I'm tired of you ruining my threads with your nasty BS.

Either post about the subject, or get off my threads.

G.

eg8r
06-18-2010, 08:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is more than opinion on this post. There are poll numbers that prove Reid is closing the gap, and rising in the polls.</div></div>LOL, what a loser. Why is he trailing in the first place?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Instead of attacking, do you have anything of value to say about the poll numbers?</div></div>Yep, I think they are great. Reid is a waste of government pension and I would prefer to pay him to sit at home with his mouth shut and quit ruining our great country.

eg8r

LWW
06-18-2010, 08:56 AM
[quote=Qtec] <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> doctrinaire libertarianism -- pro-gun, anti-tax, anti-bureaucracy, pro-states' rights -- with Christian social conservatism and fear of the "North American Union" and other forms of "global government."

Q.......the lunatics have taken over the asylum. </div></div>

That sounds like Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, Jay, Franklin, Hancock, Revere, and many more of our founders.

I know this because I have studied US history ... something I have suggested to you many times.

You could avoid much of your embarrassment if you would follow my advice.

LWW

Gayle in MD
06-18-2010, 09:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is more than opinion on this post. There are poll numbers that prove Reid is closing the gap, and rising in the polls.</div></div>LOL, what a loser. Why is he trailing in the first place?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Instead of attacking, do you have anything of value to say about the poll numbers?</div></div>Yep, I think they are great. Reid is a waste of government pension and I would prefer to pay him to sit at home with his mouth shut and quit ruining our great country.

eg8r </div></div>

That's better. Your political opinions are of no consequence to me, but I don't mind them. We all have a right to our opinions. My only gripe with you is that you usually drag everything down to personal insults between yourself, and to whomever you are responding.

G.

eg8r
06-18-2010, 10:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only gripe with you is that you usually drag everything down to personal insults between yourself, and to whomever you are responding.
</div></div>A defect of my personality I guess.

eg8r

LWW
06-18-2010, 04:27 PM
You complaining about insults is simply astounding.

LWW

Qtec
06-19-2010, 02:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good for her. It sounds like everything I hear so far other than the "HIV through water" stuff I agree with her.

To be honest though, even a moderate Dem is better than Reid.

eg8r </div></div>

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hudjhBtV8Nk&feature=player_embedded)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But there has certainly been enough old footage to keep the spotlight focused on her. On Friday morning, for instance, Reid's campaign posted footage on its YouTube page in which Angle is quoted as saying that unemployment benefits actually make the unemployed "selfish."

"We have put in so much entitlement into our government that we really have spoiled our citizenry and said you don't want the jobs that are available," she said </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is, of course, considered a philosophical truth among some conservatives -- though often said in more diplomatic ways. It's still a fairly jarring statement for a Senate candidate to make (Angle said it during the primary), especially when Nevada has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation.</div></div>

I'm with her. I think the unemployed should be forced to work 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week for 3rd world wages.

Q

Qtec
06-19-2010, 04:20 AM
`link (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/angle-dodges-questions-about-transitioning-out-of-social-security-second-amendment-remedies-video.php?ref=fpb)

Sharon does a Palin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sharron Angle Flees Local TV Station Questions

Senate nominee Sharron Angle (R-NV), <span style='font-size: 14pt'>who has adopted a pattern of avoiding all media except for friendly right-wing radio and TV talk show hosts,</span> had an amusing run-in with a local CBS station's reporter in Las Vegas -- who repeatedly asked her tough questions.

Reporter Nathan Baca asked Angle about past policy position statements on her campaign website about "transitioning out" of Social Security. Angle strongly denied that this meant she wanted to eliminate the program entirely -- saying instead that she wanted to save it. "You believe the Harry Reid lie," Angle replied, also adding that "transitioning out" really meant: "Transition into a personalized account...personalized Social Security accounts that they can't raid."

Angle also refused to answer a question about her previous statement that people could potentially seek out their "Second Amendment remedies" if Congress is not reined in -- a statement that has been widely interpreted as predicting an armed revolt against the government.

Baca followed Angle through a parking lot, repeatedly asking what she meant by "Second Amendment remedies." Angle ignored him.

As Baca reports: "The reaction from the Angle campaign was swift. Their spokesperson called this reporter 'an idiot' -- and another term that cannot be repeated on television."</div></div>

What does she and Palin have to hide?

Q............extremism?

LWW
06-19-2010, 04:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm with her. I think the unemployed should be forced to work 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week for 3rd world wages.

Q </div></div>

Can you produce a quote where she said that?

What's that?

You made it up?

Imagine that.

LWW

LWW
06-19-2010, 04:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does she and Palin have to hide?

Q............extremism? </div></div>

Why is a love of liberty and following the law of the land viewed as extremist by you?

What do you have to hide?

LWW

Gayle in MD
06-19-2010, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does she and Palin have to hide?
</div></div>

Only their collective stupidity and ignorance. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif At least the chicken woman isn't in the lead.

Honestly, have you ever seen so many looney tunes representing one party, in a campaign?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Qtec
06-19-2010, 04:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q </div></div>

Can you produce a quote where she said that?

What's that?

You made it up?

Imagine that.

LWW </div></div>

You are dumb or blind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You made it up? </div></div>

Yes I did.

"I'm with her. [FULL STOP!] <span style='font-size: 20pt'><u> I think</u> </span>.etc etc"

Do you know what 'I' means?

Sharron on unemployment. prrety close to what I said. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hudjhBtV8Nk&feature=player_embedded)

Q.....try reading the post before you make yourself look silly.

LWW
06-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Actually ... not even close to what you said, but you already knew that.

LWW

eg8r
06-21-2010, 07:46 AM
Q thanks for the additional quotes, I agree with Angle. Unemployment benefits definitely spoil our citizenry. She sounds like the best replacement for Reid who is a waste of a seat in Congress.

eg8r

eg8r
06-21-2010, 07:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does she and Palin have to hide?</div></div>Not sure but that is up to your rovian tactics to figure out.

eg8r