PDA

View Full Version : BRAVO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Gayle in MD
06-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Great Speech, and backs it up with great win. Twenty billion, in twnety minutes, to help residents around the Gulf.

AND he appoints a super guy to oversee payments to the Chair.

Nothing like having a brillian man in the White House, who isn't in the back pocket of the Oil Industry, and can make things happen for the best interests of the common man.

BRAVO!

Sev
06-17-2010, 06:11 AM
HHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAHHA!!!!

Have you ever thought about doing stand up???

pooltchr
06-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Sev,
What are you talking about? It only took him 2 months to get BP to agree to something that they had already said they would pay.

It only took him 2 months to name someone to be in charge of dealing with the clean-up.

It only took him 2 months to decide we need a "plan".

It only took him 2 months of dragging his feet to allow the oil spill to become a big enough problem that he could actually use it to promote his cap and tax policy. (Never let a good crisis go to waste!)

And didn't you hear him in his "great speeech" address what he is actually doing to address the situation in the gulf, or did you only hear what most of the country heard, how we need to completely change the way we live in the future?

There will always be the die-hard loonies who will refuse to admit that they elected a complete idiot. Most of us know better.

Steve

Deeman3
06-17-2010, 07:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great Speech, and backs it up with great win. Twenty billion, in twnety minutes, to help residents around the Gulf.

Nothing like having a brillian man in the White House, who isn't in the back pocket of the Oil Industry, and can make things happen for the best interests of the common man.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> That is humorous! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Not exactly the take on this outside the Obama White House, including the left!

Listen, he's doing about what he can here but trying to make a hero out of him on this one won't even fly with his own party. </span>

BRAVO! </div></div>

Sev
06-17-2010, 08:54 AM
I was just on the Puffington Post. They dont appear impressed.

Gayle in MD
06-17-2010, 02:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great Speech, and backs it up with great win. Twenty billion, in twnety minutes, to help residents around the Gulf.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> That is humorous! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Not exactly the take on this outside the Obama White House, including the left!

Listen, he's doing about what he can here but trying to make a hero out of him on this one won't even fly with his own party. </span>

BRAVO! </div></div> </div></div>

I heard nothing BUT accolades this morning from both left, and right commentators.

How man time have you spent 20 to get a 20 billion dollar down payment from crooks like BP, plus a public apology, and renewed statements promising to continue with payments for people who need them.

Guess you think those people down there are what one Republican called, SLUSH....aas other are firmly on BP's side.

The President deserves accolades. Just think, if the Bush/Cheney team were in there they'd be sending the Attorney General, GONZO, down there to protect BP and the rest, from any liability.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
06-17-2010, 02:59 PM
The old saying should fit here if I was wise, "If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything" but I won't use it today. FOR THE LIFE OF ME!, I simply don't understand how Obama and his staff of advisers let this spill go on so long before REAL aggressive actions were given from Obama. Is it just me, or would you as president, had somebody's nuts in the crusher for NOT hammering on me(The President) to jump into the game a lot, lot earlier on. Hey, I'm left and will stay left, but I will not let ignorance go uncontested. The 10B escrow is fine but not stellar. A hundred-B would be much better, and we will surely, easily hit a trillion in costs for this mess.

Obama fucked up when he sat and waited so long before getting his feet into the Gulf waters. I will never understand that, EVER! Bill and/or Hillary would have been knee deep into it on "day2." I would expect that McCain or any other republican would be lazy from the git-go, but I expected a lot more out of Obama.

After seeing some of the video on the hearings and the total bullshit answers from BP, obviously still "kicking the can down the road" of unaccountability.....Obama SHOULD be screaming at those BP execs! If Obama doesn't grow some testicles soon, the Dems will never recover. He's been a wimp IMHO. BP has been underrating the leak from day one, and dodged questions ever since, while oil has gushed in our gulf at most likely 60K barrels a day instead of 5K. A good president would have figured out the situation with the proper sensors and such a LONG DAMNED TIME AGO! Where was this man's head at, back when this all started?

I'll tell you one thing I'd still do as President. I'd make BP fully aware that this hole would never be available for BP anymore, done!, over! kaputt! Those a$$holes should never get a dime off of it after it's capped and sealed, and the sooner they know they can't save their investment, the sooner it will be fixed.

Obama's not had the balls early-on when he's needed them for this, or else his advisers are dummies, and should be replaced. It is just sad to see pics of Ft Walton beach with oil. Anybody who has ever been to that beach knows what I am talking about.

I appear to be butting heads with you Gayle, and I guess I am. I have little reason in my mind today to give kudos to Obama, for this late-in-the-game 10B accomplishment. BP's just parlaying with the administration, nothing more. I will never NOT give any president sh!t when he deserves it. Now, if Obama can really get red faced mad at BP(shutup y'all)then I will begin to write nicer things about him. BP's lies and on-going deceits should be addressed right NOW! It doesn't matter what Bush might have done at this moment. It is OUR Gulf beaches, and political affiliations should be non-topic. sid

Deeman3
06-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Sid,

Bill Clinton would have cried while donning the diving suit to go down and do this himself! I am not dogging Clinton but saying at least he would have been all over the situation before the sun set the first day! Much better than Bush or Obama. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

When Bill spoke, you knew he cared or he was the best actor since James Dean.

I agree, BP has top be throttled over this. They obvioulsy ignored the expert warnings and should be held accoountable for it all.

Wow, Sid, we agree! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
06-17-2010, 05:22 PM
I have talked to several friends down that way, and the general feeling is that Obama's response has been far worse that the response to Katrina....and they weren't thrilled with that one. This one, they say, is far worse, and the reaction out of Washington has not just been slow, but Washington has actually stonewalled local efforts to attack the problem.

Steve

Sev
06-17-2010, 05:23 PM
I understand your feelings on the matter.

Obviously I am not an Obama fan. However what I dont understand about the man is why he feels he has to wait for extended periods of time before acting.

While it is true the government is not equipped to deal with the situation at hand it is in position to organize the response effort by the industries that are capable of getting assets in position that can aid in minimizing the damage.

He has started to little to late. While BP will be held responsible for the disaster Obama will still bare the brunt of the anger for an inadequate response.

If the oil cant be contained and the disaster becomes more wide spread the man at the wheel and his party will pay the price.

This will be small consolation to all those whose lives will be negatively effected and or destroyed.

Gayle in MD
06-17-2010, 11:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, if Obama can really get red faced mad at BP(shutup y'all)then I will begin to write nicer things about him. BP's lies and on-going deceits should be addressed right NOW! </div></div>

Martin,
President Obama addressed their stone walling attempts long ago, right after their very first testimony before the Senate.

This situation highlights the fact that there is no method for closing off these deep wells, after they blow up, and the oil industry has lied about their abilities to stop such a disaster.

BTW, http://www.Whitehouse.Gov shows the president's daily agenda. He was right in the middle of this thing from the start, in meetings with experts everday, to try to get a handle on this mess, and learn what could be done.

He had assurances from Admiral Thad Alan, and from BP, that everything that could be done, was being done. Admiral Alan has been in charge down there from the start.

As I said, during the first weeks, the wind prohibited containment efforts.

Every piece of equipment had to be inspected, and every person had to be trained. Throughout, the intention was to avoid making people ill, and continue to check on what BP was doing to contain things, some of which was stopped, because they were not doing the right thing as regards the chemicals.

I think if you could see a list of every meeting, every expert called in, every effort throughout, you'd agree, that President Obama has been completely focused on dealing with, and solving this disaster. If there is no way to safely stop the flow of oil, and according to Pickens, there isn't, what can the President do? He's had to walk a think line throughout this thing, both legally, and in the interests of caution.

What we are learning from all of this is what colossal liars the oil industry is, and how far out of hand they have gotten over the years.

Has he been perfect? I'd say no. But I think he will do everything to protect those injured both financially, and physically, and that he will bring the Gulf back, and be a protector of all of those who have been hurt by this disaster.

BP has been the stumbling block, but he is taking charge of bringing them to account, as we can see with he success in dealig with them in the meeting.

I, too, have watched this, thinking, why the hell don't they do something to collect this oil? When you start to look for answers to that question, you begin to realize how involved all of it is. BP has handled this thing incredibly irresponsibly, and deceitfully. That has been a big part of the problem.

Pickens said from the start, they would not have success in closing the flow, until there was a relief well. Nuking it would be disastrous. We don't need to spread radiation all over the Gulf!

The animal and ecological losses cannot be measured, IMO. Now, it's time for the American People to embrace the facts, we risk everything by continuing our dependence on filthy energy. Corporations MUST be held to account by GOVERNMENT.
Deep water drilling should be stopped completely, IMO. The whole food chain will be devastated by this disaster.

It really does just make you sick.

G.

G.

Stretch
06-18-2010, 05:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, if Obama can really get red faced mad at BP(shutup y'all)then I will begin to write nicer things about him. BP's lies and on-going deceits should be addressed right NOW! </div></div>

Martin,
President Obama addressed their stone walling attempts long ago, right after their very first testimony before the Senate.

This situation highlights the fact that there is no method for closing off these deep wells, after they blow up, and the oil industry has lied about their abilities to stop such a disaster.

BTW, http://www.Whitehouse.Gov shows the president's daily agenda. He was right in the middle of this thing from the start, in meetings with experts everday, to try to get a handle on this mess, and learn what could be done.

He had assurances from Admiral Thad Alan, and from BP, that everything that could be done, was being done. Admiral Alan has been in charge down there from the start.

Every piece of equipment had to be inspected, and every person had to be trained. Throughout, the intention was to avoid making people ill, and continue to check on what BP was doing to contain things, some of which was stopped, because they were not doing the right thing as regards the chemicals.

I think if you could see a list of every meeting, every expert called in, every effort throughout, you'd agree, that President Obama has been completely focused on dealing with, and solving this disaster. If there is no way to safely stop the flow of oil, and according to Pickens, there isn't, what can the President do? He's had to walk a think line throughout this thing, both legally, and in the interests of caution.

What we are learning from all of this is what colossal liars the oil industry is, and how far out of hand they have gotten over the years.

Has he been perfect? I'd say no. But I think he will do everything to protect those injured both financially, and physically, and that he will bring the Gulf back, and be a protector of all of those who have been hurt by this disaster.

BP has been the stumbling block, but he is taking charge of bringing them to account, as we can see with he success in dealig with them in the meeting.

I, too, have watched this, thinking, why the hell don't they do something to collect this oil? When you start to look for answers to that question, you begin to realize how involved all of it is. BP has handled this thing incredibly irresponsibly, and deceitfully. That has been a big part of the problem.

Pickens said from the start, they would not have success in closing the flow, until there was a relief well. Nuking it would be disastrous. We don't need to spread radiation all over the Gulf!

The animal and ecological losses cannot be measured, IMO. Now, it's time for the American People to embrace the facts, we risk everything by continuing our dependence on filthy energy. Corporations MUST be held to account by GOVERNMENT.
Deep water drilling should be stopped completely, IMO. The whole food chain will be devastated by this disaster.

G.

G.

</div></div>

Gayle, i was disgusted to see Tony Hayward, the CEO of BP up in front of the Senate Committee. It was INCREDIBLE! He was acting like he had nothing to do with the company and nothing to do with the decision makeing. I was SHOCKED! These guys are payed millions of dollars is salary's and millions of dollars in bonuses and what, they don't know WTF is going on in thier own company and make no decisions? Heads will roll over this one and the first one should be that useless slug of a CEO Hayward. St.

Sev
06-18-2010, 06:02 AM
There are a lot of people on the Gulf coast that would disagree with you.

Both BP and the government have fallen flat on their face on this.

Obama is a litigator I doubt he understands a 1/10 of what he is being told much less has the required education in either the sciences or petroleum industry to be able ask the proper questions and spot information that is not applicable to the situation.

pooltchr
06-18-2010, 06:34 AM
Stretch,
Believe me, I am no fan of Tony for the way B{ has handled things, but in all fairness, you would be hard pressed to find any CEO of any large corporation who is an "operations" person. Their job is to oversee the financials, industry trends, growth opportunities, etc. I would be shocked if he actually understood the actual drilling operations.

I have been a fan of that tv show Undercover Boss, where CEOs actually go out and try to do the jobs their employees do every day. If you've ever seen it, the CEO of BFI couldn't even manage working at one of their landfills. The CEO of White Castle couldn't even work the production line making burgers or packaging hamburger buns in the bakery.

CEOs delegate those kind of jobs to experts in a particular area. They aren't expected to know everything about the operation of their companies.

I thought it was disgusting to watch elected officials in Washington posturing for sound bytes they can use in their campaigns, grilling a guy about things they know absolutely nothing about themselves.

What makes congress think that they are experts on every topic. Hell, they can't even do their own jobs very well!!

I would much prefer they focus on taking some action that will actually start cleaning up the mess, rather than playing the blame game for political purposes......but that's not the way Washington seems to operate these days.

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-18-2010, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, if Obama can really get red faced mad at BP(shutup y'all)then I will begin to write nicer things about him. BP's lies and on-going deceits should be addressed right NOW! </div></div>

Martin,

G.

G.

</div></div>

Gayle, i was disgusted to see Tony Hayward, the CEO of BP up in front of the Senate Committee. It was INCREDIBLE! He was acting like he had nothing to do with the company and nothing to do with the decision makeing. I was SHOCKED! These guys are payed millions of dollars is salary's and millions of dollars in bonuses and what, they don't know WTF is going on in thier own company and make no decisions? Heads will roll over this one and the first one should be that useless slug of a CEO Hayward. St.

</div></div>

Yes, I was disgusted, as well. And, even more disgusted to hear Joe Barton, the Republican who personifies the Republican policies on energy, apologizing to this POS!

Barton clearly exemplified the Republican Energy Policy, they are nothing but pawns for the corrupt corporate pigs.

He then followed that up with a non apology.

This is what Gulf Reesidents will get if they vote for any Republicans. More protection for big oil interests, and less government oversight into their corruption in the interests of their greed and negligence. It was very clear....we just saw from Barton, the Republican energy policy, no government oversight, and do as you like.

Just imagine,. if they get the majority, how many more deep wells will be overloooked by govern,ent oversight agencies.

Anyone who defends BP, is a pawn of big oil, and an idiot!

G.

Gayle in MD
06-18-2010, 06:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are a lot of people on the Gulf coast that would disagree with you.

Both BP and the government have fallen flat on their face on this.

Obama is a litigator I doubt he understands a 1/10 of what he is being told much less has the required education in either the sciences or petroleum industry to be able ask the proper questions and spot information that is not applicable to the situation. </div></div>

the president has been dealing with this from the start, by conferring with the most respected experts from all over the world.

The more that the right defends BP, and the Republican policies of no government oversight, the more corrupt and incompetent they will be seen.

I hope the nutty right continues to defend Tony. It proves their lack of common sense. "Drill baby drill" will be their swan song....

G.

LWW
06-18-2010, 07:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
the president has been dealing with this from the start, by conferring with the most respected experts from all over the world.

G. </div></div>

Name them.

LWW