PDA

View Full Version : LWW jumps on the "GREEN FUEL" bandwagon!

LWW
06-18-2010, 07:21 AM
It's amazing what one can learn once one:

- Rejects the party ideology.
- Refuses to be spoon fed the "TRUTH" by the regime.
- Abandons catch phrase bumper sticker thinking.
- Mines down through the top layer of bovine scatology to unearth bottom line results.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A rolling “dead zone” off the Gulf of Mexico is killing sea life and destroying livelihoods. Recent estimates put the blob at nearly the size of New Jersey.</span>

Alas, I’m not talking about the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. As terrible as that catastrophe is, such accidents have occurred in U.S. waters only about once every 40 years (and globally about once every 20 years). I’m talking about the dead zone largely caused by fertilizer runoff from American farms along the Mississippi and Atchafalaya river basins. Such pollutants cause huge algae plumes that result in oxygen starvation in the Gulf’s richest waters, near the delta.

Because the dead zone is an annual occurrence, there’s no media feeding frenzy over it, even though the average annual size of these hypoxic zones has been about 6,600 square miles over the last five years, and they are driven by bipartisan federal agriculture, trade, and energy policies.

Indeed, as Steven Hayward notes in the current Weekly Standard, if policymakers continue to pursue biofuels in response to the current anti-fossil-fuel craze, these dead zones will get a lot bigger every year. A 2008 study by the National Academy of Sciences found that adhering to corn-based ethanol targets will increase the size of the dead zone by as much as 34 percent.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Of course, that’s just one of the headaches “independence” from oil and coal would bring. If we stop drilling offshore, we could lose up to $1 trillion in economic benefits, according to economist Peter Passell. And, absent the utopian dream of oil-free living, every barrel we don’t produce at home, we buy overseas.</span> That sends dollars to bad regimes (though more to Canada and Mexico). It may also increase the chances of disaster, because tanker accidents are more common than rig accidents.

But wait a minute — isn’t that precisely why we’re investing in “renewables,” to free ourselves from this vicious petro-cycle? Don’t the Billy Sundays of the Church of Green promise that they are the path to salvation?

This is infuriating and dangerous nonsense, as Matt Ridley demonstrates in his mesmerizing new book, The Rational Optimist. Let’s start with biofuels. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Ethanol production steals precious land to produce inefficient fuel inefficiently (making food more scarce and expensive for the poor). If all of our transport fuel came from biofuel, we would need 30 percent more land than all of the existing food-growing farmland we have today.

In Brazil and Malaysia, biofuels are more economically viable (thanks in part to really cheap labor), but at the insane price of losing rainforest while failing to reduce the CO2 emissions that allegedly justify ethanol in the first place. According to Ridley, the Nature Conservancy’s Joseph Fargione estimates rainforest clear-cutting for biofuels releases 17 to 420 times more CO2 than it offsets by displacing petroleum or coal.</span>

As for wind and solar, even if such technologies were wildly more successful than they have been, so what? You could quintuple and then quintuple again the output of wind and solar and it wouldn’t reduce our dependence on oil. Why? Because we use oil for transportation, not for electricity. We would offset coal, but again at an enormous price. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>If we tried to meet the average amount of energy typically used in America, we would need wind farms the size of Kazakhstan or solar panels the size of Spain.</span>

If you remove the argument over climate change from the equation (as even European governments are starting to do), one thing becomes incandescently clear: <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Fossil fuels have been one of the great boons both to humanity and the environment, allowing forests to regrow (now that we don’t use wood for heating fuel or grow fuel for horses anymore) and liberating billions from backbreaking toil.</span> The great and permanent shortage is usable surface land and fresh water. The more land we use to produce energy, the less we have for vulnerable species, watersheds, agriculture, recreation, etc.

“If you like wilderness, as I do,” Ridley writes, “the last thing you want is to go back to the medieval habit of using the landscape surrounding us to make power.”

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>The calamity in the Gulf is heartrending and tragic. A thorough review of government oversight and industry safety procedures is more than warranted. But as counterintuitive as it may be to say so, oil is a green fuel, while “green” fuels aren’t. And this spill doesn’t change that fact. </span></div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;TRUTH VS TRUTHINESS&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://article.nationalreview.com/436399/oil-the-real-green-fuel/jonah-goldberg)

LWW

Sev
06-18-2010, 03:11 PM
The environmentalist wacko's wont be happy with this.

LWW
06-18-2010, 04:36 PM
And I had been told they cared about the environment and loved truth?

LWW

wolfdancer
06-18-2010, 07:52 PM
what kind of **** writes about himself in "the third person"?

hondo
06-18-2010, 09:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what kind of **** writes about himself in "the third person"?
</div></div>

An AZer. They've decided no that some kid called Madatmoney is me and are raking him over the coals.
Sev starts a thread praising Larry for being tops in rep and the klan uses that thread to bash me.

Nope, their all bozos on that bus. I'm not missing much.
They do seem to miss me, however.

BTW, LWW rarely posts over there anymore, devoting all his time to this one.
He just can't stand to be away from me. I'm touched.

LWW
06-19-2010, 04:33 AM
The Rock.

LWW

LWW
06-19-2010, 04:34 AM
How many alia do you have?

LWW

Sev
06-19-2010, 06:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what kind of **** writes about himself in "the third person"?
</div></div>

An AZer. They've decided no that some kid called Madatmoney is me and are raking him over the coals.
Sev starts a thread praising Larry for being tops in rep and the klan uses that thread to bash me.

Nope, their all bozos on that bus. I'm not missing much.
They do seem to miss me, however.

BTW, LWW rarely posts over there anymore, devoting all his time to this one.
He just can't stand to be away from me. I'm touched. </div></div>

You know I just had vision of you running around the house as if your hair was on fire.

Your AZ addiction is admirable.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Oh by the way Coco got banned.

LWW
06-19-2010, 06:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what kind of **** writes about himself in "the third person"?
</div></div>

An AZer. They've decided <s>no</s> now that some kid called Madatmoney is me and are raking him over the coals.

Nope, <s>their</s> they are all bozos on that bus. I'm not missing much. </div></div>

1 - If you aren't missing AZ much, why are you constantly updating this board on what happens there?

2 - If you aren't missing AZ much, why are you constantly monitoring my post count there?

3 - Have you considered being an English sub? It appears your vaunted skills have become rusty.

LWW

hondo
06-19-2010, 07:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many alia do you have?

LWW </div></div>

ZERO. You?

hondo
06-19-2010, 07:21 AM
I looked in because you told Larry to look in.
In you choose to call that an "addiction", I really can't stop you, can I?

hondo
06-19-2010, 07:23 AM
That's it! Total ignore for you.

hondo
06-19-2010, 07:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many alia do you have?

LWW </div></div>

BTW, what's an "alia" ?

Somebody quote him. I have him on total ignore.

hondo
06-19-2010, 07:36 AM
Yes, I saw where you were hoping he came over here to give me crap.

Sev
06-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Coco?
He's been a member here for quite some time.

I thought you boys were tight???

hondo
06-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I love it! A thread honoring Larry turns into a thread about me!
And they can't even accuse me of hijacking this one.

Quote LWW on AZ. This is just precious.:

Not only is it a sad plea for help, it is a very poorly constructed post grammatically and spelling wise ... and this from someone who feels obliged to remind everyone ad infinitum of their illustrious "ENGLISH TEACHER OF THE YEAR" awards.

Now, once again, hondo will be able to claim martyr status and be oblivious that it was by his own hand that he was sacrificed.

It's as though I never even left. And LWW played right into my hands.

"You got me (again), Hondo." - LWW

ROTFLMFAO!!!

hondo
06-19-2010, 09:33 AM
"Not only is it a sad plea for help..."

Sorry. Just can't leave this one.

Help me, Larry! Help me! HELP MEEEEEEE1

Again, ROTHLMFAO!

Sev
06-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Its obviously all your fault.
The proof is incontrovertible. http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/poke.gifhttp://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/smarty.gifhttp://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/wink2.gif

bobroberts
06-19-2010, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Not only is it a sad plea for help..."

Sorry. Just can't leave this one.

Help me, Larry! Help me! HELP MEEEEEEE1

Again, ROTHLMFAO! </div></div>
You keep rolling on the floor, and someone is going to have you committed.

LWW
06-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Hondo, wolfie ... can we for once keep the conversation on topic, which happens to be my endorsement of green energy?

Don't tell me that the two of you don't believe in green energy?

I know you both were embarrassed to disclose your carbon footprint, but c'mon.

LWW

wolfdancer
06-19-2010, 05:35 PM
I went over to AZB and saw that thread where you lavishly rained praise on lww....and nearly lost my lunch. Way I figger it....this internet is his main outlet in life, his Fantasy Island.....

Sev
06-19-2010, 06:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went over to AZB and saw that thread where you lavishly rained praise on lww....and nearly lost my lunch. Way I figger it....this internet is his main outlet in life, his Fantasy Island..... </div></div>

Ahhh Be still my heart.
That you made a visitation made posting the thread completely worth while.

Thanks for being there for us. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
06-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I believe that you need a name for your unwavering support, and adulation....I suggest:
"Larry's Legions"

Sev
06-19-2010, 07:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe that you need a name for your unwavering support, and adulation....I suggest:
"Larry's Legions" </div></div>

I was merely offering congratulations.

If I didn't know better I'd think you were jealous.

hondo
06-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Nah. Larry just loves me.

hondo
06-20-2010, 05:02 AM
I'm know I'm jealous of your adoration of LWW.
Oh, to be gushed over in that fashion!

LWW
06-20-2010, 05:19 AM
At this point I must assume the topic was simply too complex for our leftists to fathom.

Being unable to contribute at an intellectual level, they sensed the topic was something dearest leader would not approve of and began their trollish and juvenile attacks.

It's is truly painful to watch grown men behave as such tools of the party.

LWW

hondo
06-20-2010, 05:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo, wolfie ... can we for once keep the conversation on topic, which happens to be my endorsement of green energy?

Don't tell me that the two of you don't believe in green energy?

I know you both were embarrassed to disclose your carbon footprint, but c'mon.

LWW </div></div>

Sorry, Larry, didn't read it. I just figured SSDD.

LWW
06-20-2010, 05:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I<s>'m</s> know I'm jealous of your adoration of LWW.
Oh, to be gushed over in that fashion! </div></div>

I fixed that for you. Again.

LWW

hondo
06-20-2010, 05:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It's is truly painful to watch grown men behave as such tools of the party.

LWW </div></div>

Sorry for you pain, Larry. Try some Preparation H.

hondo
06-20-2010, 05:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I<s>'m</s> know I'm jealous of your adoration of LWW.
Oh, to be gushed over in that fashion! </div></div>

I fixed that for you. Again.

LWW </div></div>

I've been letting you go lately , honey.
Do you want me to start?
With me, it's typos. With you, it's ignorance.
Again, you sure about this?

Sev
06-20-2010, 05:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nah. Larry just loves me. </div></div>

You two kids provide me so much entertainment. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
06-20-2010, 07:36 AM
If you were capable of it, you would have done it long ago.

LWW

hondo
06-20-2010, 10:26 AM
We'll find out.

hondo
06-20-2010, 10:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you we[r]e capable of it, you would have done it long ago.

LWW </div></div>

Fixed it for you.

This is almost too easy. "WEEEEEEE!"
Hoist by thine own petard. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
06-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Nice try.

LWW

hondo
06-20-2010, 03:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice try.

LWW </div></div>

WEEE! I thought so. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
06-22-2010, 02:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 - If you aren't missing AZ much, why are you constantly updating this board on what happens there?

2 - If you aren't missing AZ much, why are you constantly monitoring my post count there?
</div></div>
It's a thankless job, to be sure.....but somebody has to do it.
How else would we know of your legendary exploits over there, where your posts are hard copied and framed?

hondo
06-22-2010, 06:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 - If you aren't missing AZ much, why are you constantly updating this board on what happens there?

</div></div>
How else would we know of your legendary exploits over there, where your posts are hard copied and framed?
</div></div>

The man! The myth! The legend!

wolfdancer
06-23-2010, 01:34 PM
"Larry, the Legend"...it has a familiar ring to it....
Does he also play basketball?
Probally not, as.......so many sites, so little time

hondo
06-23-2010, 02:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Larry, the Legend"...it has a familiar ring to it....
Does he also play basketball?
Probally not, as.......so many sites, so little time </div></div>

This is for Larry.

Hank Jrs " Ain't Mythbehavin"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn7BV3H-gTs

wolfdancer
06-24-2010, 09:21 PM
the Rock?
You don't even have stones....

Sev
06-25-2010, 07:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 - If you aren't missing AZ much, why are you constantly updating this board on what happens there?

</div></div>
</div></div>

Perhaps you should try posting a couple of times. Apparently they could use both your incite and deep understanding of all things in creation.

wolfdancer
06-25-2010, 10:38 AM
ah, it's "insight", not "incite". Incite is what I would do if I lived near you....I would incite the townspeople and march by torchlight on your castle...like they did in the old Frankenstein movies....

Sev
06-25-2010, 01:45 PM
I understand. Your not up to it.

LWW
06-25-2010, 04:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ah, it's "insight", not "incite". Incite is what I would do if I lived near you....I would incite the townspeople and march by torchlight on your castle...like they did in the old Frankenstein movies.... </div></div>

Why do you keep making threats of violence?

LWW