PDA

View Full Version : A Snakebit President

eg8r
06-18-2010, 10:30 AM
A Snakebit President!!!!!! (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704289504575313181930072638.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLTopStories)
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The president is starting to look snakebit. He's starting to look unlucky, like Jimmy Carter. It wasn't Mr. Carter's fault that the American diplomats were taken hostage in Tehran, but he handled it badly, and suffered. He defied the rule of the King in "Pippin," the Broadway show of Carter's era, who spoke of "the rule that every general knows by heart, that it's smarter to be lucky than it's lucky to be smart." Mr. Carter's opposite was Bill Clinton, on whom fortune smiled with eight years of relative peace and a worldwide economic boom. What misfortune Mr. Clinton experienced he mostly created himself. History didn't impose it.

But Mr. Obama is starting to look unlucky, and–file this under Mysteries of Leadership–that is dangerous for him because Americans get nervous when they have a snakebit president. They want presidents on whom the sun shines.
</div></div> Read the rest it is very interesting...

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-18-2010, 12:18 PM
All of the left pundits listed in your article, reversed their critiques the very next day, and were singing praises for this president, impressed with the president's success in acquiring a twenty billion down payment, and an apology from the chairman of BP, with assureances. That money will insure prompt payments of claims, and will be headed by an individual, Ken Feinberg, well respected, even by Republicans, all of it to be used to help people in the devastated region.

I don't deny this hasn't been rough, for the president, however, all in all, his numbers are good.

I posted a number of polls, in several threads, showing that the majority of Voters still trust Democratics, more than Republicans to handle our economic problems, and I dare say, that trend will increase, after this week's Republican blasts of blatant support for B P, and against the best interests of the victims in the Gulf region.

The President is still hovering at fifty percent approval rating in the polls, which is very high, given the breadth of our problems inherited from the Bush Disastrous Presidency.

The Polls show that more people than ever before, are now supporting the health Care Bill.

BP is working harder to recover more of the leaking oil, with a healthy increase on captured gallons.

Then there is the source of your Obama bashing article, a rightie, in a rightwing newspaper, owned by Murdoch? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Obama's approval ratings are still higher than Reagan's during another recession era....not as deep as this one.

Inflation fears have subsided.

Unemployment claims in 37 states have dropped.

BP has axed Tony Haywood from being in charge in the Gulf, and Bob Dudley will replace him.

This president is not seen as a loser, I can assure you. Just as he exposed the hypocracy of the Republilcans during the forum over the Health Care Bill, he will continue to expose their corporate friendly, no regulation, oil friendly, failed policies.

Even Harry Reid, is gaining in his numbers, while Palin, is losing approval, as is Angle, who wants to outlaw drinking in THAT state, LMAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Most Americans do not want to give up their social security, or their medicare, nor do away with the Departments which Angle wants to destroy.

The far right, does not understand that they are not mainstream. While many will answer that they are Christians, for example, relatively few are fundamentalist, hard core Christian zealots.

IMO, Tea Party Zealots will hurt Republicans, more than help them. They will provide a divisive result, pushing more moderates toward the Democratic candidates.

Most reasonable people are not ready to load their guns and storm Washington D.C. Repubicans are leaning too far right, and it's going to hurt them as they continue to be split apart by radical tea partiers, with radical candidates on their list of candidates.

Many of us recall the beginning of the corruption in the Department Of the Interior, it began during the Reagan Administration, whth James Watt. James Watt, Reagan's Secretary of the Interior was indicted on 24 felony charges...Bush's regime looked to Ken Lay to select people appointed to energy oversight, and other corporate firendly people, to oversight agencies who had been employees, of, or lobbyists for, energy, oil and coal, and other agencies, and we've seen dozens die in both industries, and in all cases, corrupt CEO's, who put money before safety, were at fault.

Since you like The Wall Street Journal so much, check this out.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/01/09/bush-on-jobs-the-worst-track-record-on-record/

Oh, and it's Snakebitten, not snakebit.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

G.

PoolsMyGame
06-18-2010, 01:46 PM
I feel as though our president is doing the very best that he can. I'm a democrat, but I feel as though the presidents of the past 4 decades did just the same -- they did all they could. I was watching an episode of the Daily Show and it ran through a series of clips showing past presidents promising how we wouldn't be relying on foreign oil. The problem isn't them as much as it is the products we produce that require this source of energy/power. The ideas are great, but science is out of their grasp. No matter how much money we throw at something, it still takes time to solve the problem.

Gayle in MD
06-18-2010, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PoolsMyGame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel as though our president is doing the very best that he can. I'm a democrat, but I feel as though the presidents of the past 4 decades did just the same -- they did all they could. I was watching an episode of the Daily Show and it ran through a series of clips showing past presidents promising how we wouldn't be relying on foreign oil. The problem isn't them as much as it is the products we produce that require this source of energy/power. The ideas are great, but science is out of their grasp. No matter how much money we throw at something, it still takes time to solve the problem.

</div></div>

I couldn't agree more. It takes money, time and a national commitment to tackle the problem, just as it was in addressing our health care crises. We have to start somewhere. One step at a time.

We must break our dependency on foreign oil. As carter warned us long ago, it is a threat to our very safety here at home.

Now we have scientists from all around the globe, and all except those on the oil payroll, are in agreement about the dangers we are facing due to the destruction on our planet, from burning dirty carbon filled, hot fuels.

I don't know how you feel about it, but IMO Reagan and both Bush's were pawns for big oil, and really set us so far back in advancing solutions to our serious energy problems, which can only expand as the years go by.

I am astounded that any Americans can choose to ignore serious, scientific predictions of doom, if we do not turn away from fosile fuels and find solutions for renewable energy.

I think we have a few very prominent Americans who are becoming very committed to saving our planet. They will, I hope, penetrate the denial and corruption which continues to put off solving the problems.

When Hanson (I think that is his name) told of his reports on climate change, being censored, and hidden from us, we, the public, who paid for them, by the Bush Administration, I was furious.

The Bush Administration, all of them having been in the oil industry, and on the dole from oil for years, before they ran for office, was tremendously damaging to any progress, and set us back decades, IMO.

Now, we can still see the Republican loyalty to, and protection of big oil, in spite of the corrupt and irresponsible BP practices, proven by their very large number of fines, the information we have to date.

Just watching the current investigations onto this disastrous oil spill, should be enough to make Americans accept the fact that the Republican Party must be kept from majority, or our Gulf, will never be restored, and our national threat, will just continue to be swept under the rug, for the benefit of the American Oil Cartel.

Imagine, they are defending, and apologizing to BP's CEO!!!! Unbelievable!

G.

eg8r
06-21-2010, 07:33 AM
The President was at 44% last time I checked.

[quote]Oh, and it's Snakebitten, not snakebit.... [quote]LOL you really are ridiculous. Thanks for sharing some of your grammar ignor...intelligence. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
eg8r

hondo
06-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Welcome, PMG.

wolfdancer
06-21-2010, 02:11 PM
you must be one of them "leftist statists" who blindly follows the party's dictates, having no clue yourself, about the real world.....This President not only caused the leak, he is delaying repairs on it....why?
It's his way of punishing the south, for not going along with his plans to create a welfare state...Read yer bible.....especially xxx (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+22%3A13-21&version=KJV)
(I thought that I would perpare you for the type of "intellectual, and <u>educational </u> replies you can expect to receive from the Bubbas here)
When those tar balls get rotten, you can't get very much cotton
It was back in Louisiana
Just about a mile from Texarkana

hondo
06-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Easy, Wolfie, easy. He's new. You're going to scare him away.

Gayle in MD
06-21-2010, 03:53 PM
[quote=eg8r]The President was at 44% last time I checked.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, and it's Snakebitten, not snakebit.... [quote]LOL you really are ridiculous. Thanks for sharing some of your grammar ignor...intelligence. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">That's not so. He has hovered right around 50% all along, in most polls I've seen. His disapproval rate is high in the red states only, and, lol, they don't count. </span>

eg8r
06-22-2010, 09:19 AM
He was at 44% last time I checked.

eg8r