PDA

View Full Version : Regime orders effort to protect La coast stopped!

LWW
06-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Never let a crisis go to waste ... or get away!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NEW ORLEANS -- The federal government is shutting down the dredging that was being done to create protective sand berms in the Gulf of Mexico.

The berms are meant to protect the Louisiana coastline from oil. But the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Department has concerns about where the dredging is being done.

Plaquemines Parish President Billy Nungesser, who was one of the most vocal advocates of the dredging plan, has sent a letter to President Barack Obama, pleading for the work to continue.

Nungesser said the government has asked crews to move the dredging site two more miles farther off the coastline.

"Once again, our government resource agencies, which are intended to protect us, are now leaving us vulnerable to the destruction of our coastline and marshes by the impending oil," Nungesser wrote to Obama. "Furthermore, with the threat of hurricanes or tropical storms, we are being put at an increased risk for devastation to our area from the intrusion of oil.

Nungesser has asked for the dredging to continue for the next seven days, the amount of time it would take to move the dredging operations two miles and out resume work.

Work is scheduled to halt at midnight Wednesday. </div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;IDIOCY, THY NAME IS BIG GOVERNMENT&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.wdsu.com/news/23997498/detail.html)

LWW

pooltchr
06-23-2010, 08:19 AM
It is almost impossible to believe that the administration actually wants the damage to the gulf coast to continue, but their actions certainly give one some cause to question their motives.

Steve

LWW
06-23-2010, 09:12 AM
To the regime, the ends justifies the means.

I don't think they wanted the destruction of the gulf ... but I do think they see this as opportunity to further damage the EEEVILLL capitalist system, and because of that they are willing to sacrifice the gulf upon the altar of statism.

This is the most dangerous regime since Lincoln.

LWW

LWW
06-24-2010, 02:59 AM
And hear I had been informed that our devout leftist members had their collectivist shorts in a knot over damage that might be done to the coast ... yet, in reality, it appears they are only concerned when dearest leader tells them they are concerned.

LWW

hondo
06-24-2010, 12:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To the regime, the ends justifies the means.

I don't think they wanted the destruction of the gulf ... but I do think they see this as opportunity to further damage the EEEVILLL capitalist system, and because of that they are willing to sacrifice the gulf upon the altar of statism.

This is the most dangerous regime since Lincoln.

LWW </div></div>

Do you ever read the nonsense you post?
I know you can't actually believe that crap.

LWW
06-25-2010, 04:39 AM
It's reported from numerous sources so yes I believe it.

Unlike you however, I possess the intellectual integrity to actually question dearest leader and the party.

Reject the spoon for one week brother and see what you learn.

It will change you forever.

LWW

hondo
06-25-2010, 06:59 AM
Dear Larry, I doubt that you possess much since you won't work, but you most certainly DO NOT possess intellectual integrity.
NOT A BIT! FAR FROM IT! NOT EVEN CLOSE!
Last on the list.
And I think most of the posters on here would agree with me.
Now be a good boy and run back to AZ where you have them fooled.

Sev
06-25-2010, 07:03 AM
There is a storm brewing in the Gulf.

They better get those berms up. If it tracks towards FL game over.

LWW
06-25-2010, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a storm brewing in the Gulf.

They better get those berms up. If it tracks towards FL game over. </div></div>

If it happens the regime will tell him it's all Bush's fault ... and he will repeat it.

LWW

Qtec
06-25-2010, 07:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's reported from numerous sources so yes I believe it. </div></div>

links..................?????????????????????

Q.........surely WND must have something?

Qtec
06-25-2010, 07:46 AM
Just checked.

Front Page.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WorldNetDaily Exclusive
Obama scholar linked to 'Ground Zero' imam
Book espouses Islamic goal of world dominion
--WND

DEALS OF THE DAY
How 'moderate' Muslims are Islamizing America
Investigation exposes 'terrorists with neckties' in nation's capital
--WND

Why the Left loves tyrants and terrorists
It seems crazy, but author Jamie Glazov explains the unexplainable
--WND </div></div>

LMAO

Q

LWW
06-25-2010, 07:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's reported from numerous sources so yes I believe it. </div></div>

links..................?????????????????????</div></div>

That would be included in the OP ... and also in the other thread started on a similar topic.

I realize dearest leader doesn't want you to view such materal ... but, go ahead and peek. I won't tell.

LWW

LWW
06-25-2010, 07:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's reported from numerous sources so yes I believe it. </div></div>

links..................?????????????????????

Q.........surely WND must have something? </div></div>

Here you go ... CNN even.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(CNN) -- Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal had harsh words for government authorities on Wednesday after sand-dredging operations to protect the state's coastline from the BP oil disaster were halted due to environmental concerns.
"This is a war," Jindal said of the fight to protect shorelines from the approaching oil. "Every hour, every day matters. Maybe they don't see the oil from Washington [but] we see it every day on our coast."

Jindal called on the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Army Corps of Engineers to let workers resume dredging off the Chandeleur Islands. The dredging would be followed by construction of berms in hopes the offshore berms would block oil before it hit the beach. </div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;OH DEAR ... CLICK HERE Q&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/23/louisiana.oil.dredging/)

LWW

Qtec
06-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Bobby Jindal........Bahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa LMAO

Q

LWW
06-27-2010, 06:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bobby Jindal........Bahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa LMAO

Q </div></div>

Thanks for, again, confirming that you despise truth ... preferring the comfort of the regime's spoon fed lie(s).

But ... I already knew that.

LWW

pooltchr
06-27-2010, 07:31 AM
I heard on the Today show this morning that Shell offered to send equipment that was not being used to help with the clean-up. BP turned them down!

There is also a huge skimmer ship ready to go that is capable of separating 98% of the oil from the oil/water mix they collect. But the EPA is holding it up because they would be discharging the filtered water back into the gulf. Now, where is the common sense here? If we can take water that is 98% contaminated with oil, and exchange it with water that is 2% contaminated, are we not coming out WAYYYYYY ahead??? Oh yeah, this ship at full capacity, could skim as much oil in a few days as all the fishing boats already deployed have been able to skim in two months!!!

Incompetence or Ignorance....I haven't decided which is the driving force with this administration.

Steve

LWW
06-27-2010, 08:06 AM
I saw that also.

IMHO it is crystal clear that the regime sees the spill as a gift from God.

Just so far they have gained control of a $20B slush fund and made thousands of Americans wards of the state.

LWW

hondo
06-27-2010, 09:21 AM
You 2 would be better served by going to church on Sunday.
JMHO.

pooltchr
06-27-2010, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You 2 would be better served by going to church on Sunday.
JMHO. </div></div>

I see you skipped it this morning. Or does your church have WiFi?

Steve

hondo
06-27-2010, 09:58 AM
I went to Sunday School. Skipped church. Sub preacher who drives me nuts.

LWW
06-27-2010, 10:54 AM
The sub is obviously a republican plant. Probably denied that Obama is on the shroud of Turin.

LWW

hondo
06-27-2010, 02:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sub is obviously a republican plant. Probably denied that Obama is on the shroud of Turin.

LWW </div></div>

They are almost all Republicans in my church, but, you know what?
None of them act anything like you! Go figure!

pooltchr
06-27-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm glad to hear you are hanging with a good crowd!

Steve

LWW
06-27-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm not a republican.

I know that it baffles you that there are people who can think without the party telling them what to believe ... but there are, and we are legion.

LWW

hondo
06-27-2010, 04:11 PM
"Legion" as in demonic?

You repeat everything Beck and Limberger bellow as gospel.

So, you can label yourself any way you choose.

We know what you are.

Your new threads are almost synonymous with recent blatherings by Beck or Limberger.
I'm still waiting for an original thought by you.

LWW
06-27-2010, 04:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Legion" as in demonic?</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">le·gion   [lee-juhn] Show IPA
–noun
1. a division of the Roman army, usually comprising 3000 to 6000 soldiers.
2. a military or semimilitary unit.
3. the Legion.
a. American Legion.
b. foreign legion ( def. 2 ) .
4. any large group of armed men.
5. any great number of persons or things; multitude.
–adjective
6. very great in number: The holy man's faithful followers were legion.
Origin:
1175–1225; ME legi ( o ) un (&lt; OF) &lt; L legiōn- (s. of legiō ) picked body of soldiers, equiv. to leg ( ere ) to gather, choose, read + -iōn- -ion

—Synonyms
5. throng, mass, host, sea. </div></div>
&gt;&gt;&gt;WORDS&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/legion) mean things. For someone claiming to be degreed in English, you seem to actually know very little about the words in it or their actual meanings.

Even your Biblical reference displays a completely mangled level of comprehension:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many."
-Mark 5:9-</div></div>

LWW

Qtec
06-27-2010, 08:49 PM
I read the link and its seems there are some very legitimate concerns about this dredging.

Jindal, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"We've been losing 300 feet every year off these islands -- where has the federal government been?" </div></div>

Ask G W Bush Bobby.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The issue stems from the original proposal Louisiana submitted for the project, which raised concerns among scientists and wildlife officials about its proximity to the state's sensitive barrier islands, said Tom Strickland, the assistant Interior Secretary for Fish, Wildlife and Parks.

"<u>It's well known</u> that there has been substantial erosion and deterioration of the natural barrier island chains that have existed off the coast of Louisiana," Strickland told reporters in a conference call Wednesday. <u>"The diminishment and erosion of those barrier islands have in fact made the coastline more vulnerable to storm surges and so as those storms erode the integrity of the barrier islands, they then hit the coast with more force and they endanger human lives and the ecosystems even more."</u>

Strickland said that when state officials submitted their proposal for the project in May, "<u>it was immediately identified</u> that one of the sources of the sand was going to be ... <u>very problematic for the integrity of what remained of portions of the Chandeleur Islands."</u> </div></div>

If you read the link <span style='font-size: 11pt'>you provided</span>, it doesn't support Bobby's argument or yours. In fact it provides valid reasons why dredging has been stopped and why Bobby is an AH.

Q

wolfdancer
06-27-2010, 09:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it provides valid reasons why dredging has been stopped and why Bobby is an AH. </div></div>
Did it mention anything about lww?

Baxter
06-28-2010, 01:02 AM
http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=311751#Post311751

LWW
06-28-2010, 03:24 AM
So to prevent the islands from being destroyed by natural causes over the next century or so, you support their immediate destruction?

Shrewd brother, shrewd.

LWW