PDA

View Full Version : Wabbits! Wabbits!! And MORE Wabbits!!

Gayle in MD
06-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Do they make more babies after a long snowy winter, or what!!

I have been chasing Wabbits for months. They have now eaten over a thousand dollars worth of rare exotic, expensive Lillys, straight down to the ground, and many of my hostas, right down to mere sticks!

Here I am a mamber of PETA, and always thought of myself as an animal lover, and I am cursing at wabbits! Big wabbits, little wabbits, medium wabbits, and all of them chewing non stop.

I wake up hearing the theme to JAWS at five in the morning, and instead of putting on my running clothes, as I usually do, I am out chasing WABBITS in my robe and slippers!

I've always had a few rabbits around, but never like this! I read that rabbits only live for a year, (never knew that) but they have babies every few weeks, and they have quite a few at a time. What am I to do!!!! This is a disaster!!!

I am just about ready to make rabbit stew, ME, of all people!

If anyone knows how to get them to stop eating up my gardens, please tell me the secret, I've tried just about everything I have read on my usual gardening internet sites, and nothing has worked, so far. I have not yet tried moth balls. Does anyone know if that works?

HELP!!!!

G.

wolfdancer
06-23-2010, 10:07 PM
moth balls work, but it's hard to get the moths to hold still long enough for you to rip em off.
See "Caddyshack" for some interesting ideas on how to get rid of underground pests.

Gayle in MD
06-23-2010, 10:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">moth balls work, but it's hard to get the moths to hold still long enough for you to rip em off.
See "Caddyshack" for some interesting ideas on how to get rid of underground pests. </div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I didn't think anybody could make me laugh about this... should have known it would be you!

Chopstick
06-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Here's something to give you some practice.

Kill the wabbits (http://www.gamesheep.com/game/kill-the-wabbits/?act=PlayNow)

Deeman3
06-24-2010, 09:55 AM
I have much the same problem with a few around my place. DeeWoman, of Yankee origin, would not consider cooking one of the little critters so that blows any good reason for the "one shot, one kill solution".

I have considered trapping the little scutters and putting them to better use.

A) They can be used to determine pregnancy, if we still lived in the 1960's.

B) I understand they soak up oil quite well.

C) Enviromentally approved replacement for the Energizer Bunny?

D) Mascot for the French Soccer World Cup Team?

E) Extras for Caddyshack III (Thanks, Wolfie!)

F) Mailed as a Weapon of Mass Destruction to somewhere in Maryland?

G) For the sequel, "Men Who Stare at Bunnies?"

H) Breakfast for Hondo in West Virginia?

I) Hondo can give us a few more

Stretch
06-24-2010, 11:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have much the same problem with a few around my place. DeeWoman, of Yankee origin, would not consider cooking one of the little critters so that blows any good reason for the "one shot, one kill solution".

I have considered trapping the little scutters and putting them to better use.

A) They can be used to determine pregnancy, if we still lived in the 1960's.

B) I understand they soak up oil quite well.

C) Enviromentally approved replacement for the Energizer Bunny?

D) Mascot for the French Soccer World Cup Team?

E) Extras for Caddyshack III (Thanks, Wolfie!)

F) Mailed as a Weapon of Mass Destruction to somewhere in Maryland?

G) For the sequel, "Men Who Stare at Bunnies?"

</div></div>

LMAO!! thanks for that Dee. Personaly i'd go for the one shot one kill method. If those little tards were into my vegie garden it's war! St.

Gayle in MD
06-24-2010, 11:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's something to give you some practice.

Kill the wabbits (http://www.gamesheep.com/game/kill-the-wabbits/?act=PlayNow) </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Thanks, I'll work on that! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
06-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks Dee...
I think I'm going to try for the crushed mothballs....

Like your wife, I can't really think about killing any of them, but Jim keeps telling me, "Just wait, in a few more weeks you'll be asking me to buy a silencer for your shotgun." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
06-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Hey Stretch, you should come for a visit, then you and Jim could convince me that neither of you would kill any wabbits, Ever. mever, swear and promise, and all of that stuff, and then when I leave the house on an arrand, you could both have a shooting spree, but never, ever tell me what you did!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

hondo
06-24-2010, 12:30 PM

Squirrel. Break out the pressure cooker.

Somebody else make the gravy. Not my specialty.

hondo
06-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Be vewy, vewy qwiet!

Deeman3
06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H) Breakfast for Hondo in West Virginia?

Squirrel. Break out the pressure cooker.

Somebody else make the gravy. Not my specialty. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">You guys in WV still chewing on rodents? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

JK </span>

wolfdancer
06-24-2010, 02:20 PM
I wrote a reply in the why can't we get aloong thread...that was meant for this topic

Stretch
06-24-2010, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Stretch, you should come for a visit, then you and Jim could convince me that neither of you would kill any wabbits, Ever. mever, swear and promise, and all of that stuff, and then when I leave the house on an arrand, you could both have a shooting spree, but never, ever tell me what you did!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

That's a great plan Gayle! A request to pick up some bread and milk will be code for "hostilities are about to begin". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif St.

hondo
06-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Just squirrels.

Sev
06-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Rabbit makes great stir fry.

The best you can do is get a couple of haveaheart traps and do a catch and release program.

Just wait till the dear start showing up.

wolfdancer
06-24-2010, 08:21 PM
I thought that we got Hippiepool, in a 4 for 1 trade?
lww, you, llotter, and Bubba for hippie? So why are you all still here?

hondo
06-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Good trade. Hippie tells it like it is, whether you like it or whether you don't like it. WHOOOOO!

wolfdancer
06-24-2010, 09:12 PM
You want to know how to cope with rabbits?...there is one acknowledged expert in this field....Elmer Fudd !!!
XXX (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1751950522074936560#)

Sev
06-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Hippie and I are buds.
No trade trade there.