PDA

View Full Version : Allison Wins in Peoria

08-25-2002, 07:42 PM
Just got word from a very reliable source that Allison knocked off Gerda in the finals of the WPBA tourney in Peoria. Karen Corr ousted Helena in the first made-for-tv match, Allison then bageled Karen 7-0 in the semi-final match before defeating Gerda in the final match. The tourney was very well attended, including a sell-out for all of yesterday's and today's sessions.

This was a big win for Allison, (ties her with Karen at 2 wins apiece for the year), as well as a great tourney for Gerda (2nd), for Monica and Tiffany (T-5) and of course for Jenny Lee (9) who pulled the upset of the tourney in defeating Jeanette in a hill-hill thriller. The women's U.S. Open is coming up in just 2 weeks - just one week ahead of the start of the men's U.S. Open. - Chris in NC

Troy
08-25-2002, 07:59 PM
Personally, than the top four finishers, I offer more congratulations to Monica, Tiffany and Jenny because they needed to play through the entire tournament to place where they did.

As to the Ladies so called OPEN, isn't it really limited to WPBA qualified participants ??? I guess it's really NOT an OPEN..... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris in NC:</font><hr> Just got word from a very reliable source that Allison knocked off Gerda in the finals of the WPBA tourney in Peoria. Karen Corr ousted Helena in the first made-for-tv match, Allison then bageled Karen 7-0 in the semi-final match before defeating Gerda in the final match. The tourney was very well attended, including a sell-out for all of yesterday's and today's sessions.

This was a big win for Allison, (ties her with Karen at 2 wins apiece for the year), as well as a great tourney for Gerda (2nd), for Monica and Tiffany (T-5) and of course for Jenny Lee (9) who pulled the upset of the tourney in defeating Jeanette in a hill-hill thriller. The women's U.S. Open is coming up in just 2 weeks - just one week ahead of the start of the men's U.S. Open. - Chris in NC <hr></blockquote>

Harold Acosta
08-25-2002, 08:39 PM
It's an OPEN alright! It's OPEN to WPBA Players Only! LOL ....

Troy
08-25-2002, 08:53 PM
And, since it's an OPEN, they will of course NOT have seeds or 1st round byes or 2nd round byes or other preferential shenanigans..... HA..... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> It's an OPEN alright! It's OPEN to WPBA Players Only! LOL .... <hr></blockquote>

08-26-2002, 07:08 AM
Thanks Chris. Allison &amp; Gerda have continued to improve their skills, I'm impressed. See you very soon......randyg

Doctor_D
08-26-2002, 07:09 AM
Good morning:

As pleased as I am for Allison, I am most disappointed for Gerda. Gerda is long overdue to take home the Gold at one of these events!

Dr. D.

08-26-2002, 07:27 AM
Diana, of course Gerda was dissappointed she didn't win, but I know she was very pleased with her overall tournament performance. A string of consecutive convincing wins over Vivian, Karen and Allison on Saturday is quite impressive - including a 9-2 thumping of Allison! IMO, she just hasn't played in enough TV matches recently (in the past 3 years) to really feel comfortable, and a few mistakes is all it takes against Allison or Karen. I think she sent a clear message to the other players that she is back will have to be reckoned with! - Chris in NC

Doctor_D
08-26-2002, 07:36 AM
Good morning Chris:

I could not agree with you more. Gerda is definitely a force which needs to be respected and, if all goes well and she remains on top of her practice (she has a copy of my drill book), she will definitely do some heavy damage in the months to come.

Dr. D.