PDA

View Full Version : USA World Cup Goal

Qtec
06-25-2010, 12:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> USA World Cup Goal: Amazing Reactions To Landon Donovan Game-Winner (VIDEOS)

The United States advanced to the World Cup knockout stage in the most dramatic fashion possible on Wednesday, scoring an epic goal in extra time for a stunning victory. Viewers nationwide were treated to a sensational scene, and the reactions at some locations were overwhelming. Scroll down for video of fans watching the shocking goal around the country. Which one is best? </div></div>

Who says soccer is not exciting!

I liked video 1 and 2.

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/24/usa-world-cup-goal-amazin_n_623625.html#s105216)

They deserved to go through to the next round after having 2 goals disallowed that were perfectly legal. They play well as a team and never give up. Go USA!
Q

eg8r
06-25-2010, 06:58 AM
To be honest I would not call it exciting at all. It did not get exciting till OT and we won. I just cannot get into soccer, ice hockey or curling. I have tried to no avail. My son will be starting soccer later this year and I am dreading having to sit in the heat and watch this dreadful game. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If not for my son (and his excitement for sports), I would be sitting at the beach or by the pool during those hours of the day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They deserved to go through to the next round after having 2 goals disallowed that were perfectly legal. They play well as a team and never give up. Go USA!</div></div>This is one of the reasons I cannot get into soccer. I don't understand the rules as it is and then when a bad call is made that steals a win it just confuses me even more. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
06-25-2010, 07:29 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I understand but as they say "that's football".

You could have got 100/1 against the USA coming top of their group but they done it. With soccer you never know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My son will be starting soccer later this year and I am dreading having to sit in the heat and watch this dreadful game. \:\) </div></div>
Why don't you try kicking a ball about sometime and you will better appreciate the skills involved.

Watch the next game . You might be surprised.

Q..go USA. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
06-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Oh, I played soccer all through elementary and middle school but never had any appreciation for the game, it just fueled my competitive desire to be out there. My son loves to go out and kick the ball around. I just wish this freaking sport was not being played with it is high 90's and 100% humidity. I have tremendous respect for their conditioning though. I saw how much work it took to get me to the point of running a 5k and that is jogging for 30 minutes, nothing like having to run around full speed for an hour or more like these guys.

I have tremendous respect for the athletes I just don't "get" their choice in sports.

eg8r