PDA

View Full Version : Big Buelah II break cue...

Soflasnapper
06-25-2010, 07:11 PM
I recently got this Lucasi break cue, and I like it so much I wanted to recommend it to anyone interested in a great break cue!

I already had a break/jump with a phenolic-like White Diamond tip, so I wondered if this thing could outperform what was already a powerful breaking cue. Short answer, yes.

It's a 19 oz-er, nicely balanced, with some nice decorative features. It uses the uni-loc joint, so theoretically I could use the butt with many of my shafts using that same joint.

The key feature to my mind is the textured rubber treaded grip, which seems to absorb a lot of the impact at contact. My teammates in league like it so much that it is the team's go-to break cue.

About the only drawback for me is that it is not a break/jump, doesn't break down to be a jump cue, so I'm stuck still taking the old break/jump, just to be my jump cue. I may use this as an excuse to look into another Lucasi, their jump cue (which I think uses the same rubber treaded grip, iirc). So even that isn't all bad!

Anyone have or use this thing yourself?

Rich R.
06-26-2010, 06:59 AM
I haven't tried it but it sounds interesting. IIRC, Lucasi is using that rubber grip on some of their other cues.

Do you know if Lucasi makes a similar J/B cue?

Unfortunately, I have heard stories about the Uni-loc joints (not necessarily Lucasi) getting loose over time. Please let us know if you experience anything like that.

Soflasnapper
07-02-2010, 03:10 PM
I think their jump cue uses that same rubber grip (looks the same in ads, anyway).

After using uni-loc joints exclusively for my playing cue(s) for a couple of years now, I routinely give them a little tightening periodically whether they're loose or not, and I do the same thing by parallel reasoning with the Buelah II.