PDA

View Full Version : 120 Koreans

Deeman3
06-26-2010, 08:44 AM
I have set up a big screen in my conference room so that my Korean ex-pats can watch soccer this morning with Korea playing Uraguay. They are all watching breathlessly as they are down 1-nil and you can see them hold their breath anytime they have control of the ball. It really is amazing, they are as excited as if this was a real sport, which I think it is in several countries.

Now, my American workers are asking if they can watch this country's team play this afternoon! Now, I know they can't be as serious as the Koreans are about watching it but I guess I'll give in and let them watch it. I will, however, stick my head in the door and if I catch more than a couple of them snoring, I'll pull the plug on the while show! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

This will be over soon, right?

pooltchr
06-26-2010, 11:23 AM
What a guy!!!!!!

Steve

Stretch
06-26-2010, 12:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have set up a big screen in my conference room so that my Korean ex-pats can watch soccer this morning with Korea playing Uraguay. They are all watching breathlessly as they are down 1-nil and you can see them hold their breath anytime they have control of the ball. It really is amazing, they are as excited as if this was a real sport, which I think it is in several countries.

Now, my American workers are asking if they can watch this country's team play this afternoon! Now, I know they can't be as serious as the Koreans are about watching it but I guess I'll give in and let them watch it. I will, however, stick my head in the door and if I catch more than a couple of them snoring, I'll pull the plug on the while show! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

This will be over soon, right? </div></div>

If this is like the Olympics you may be in trouble. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif St.

wolfdancer
06-26-2010, 03:47 PM
"This will be over soon, right?"
Yes,soccor games actually do end, theres regulation, double overtime, then freekicks, and finally a coin flip, or the Italian "fingers game" to determine the winner, but they always seem to end in a tie, which somehow translates to a win for one of the teams.
Cricket games however, never end....but they do take time out for tea.

cushioncrawler
06-26-2010, 08:18 PM
I hav a plan for livening up soccer. It duznt need any major changes. U simply mark out 2 pitches at 90dg sharing the same center circle -- and u play 2 games at the same time -- 4 teams in all.
I am thinking that one would uze two differently colored balls, one for each game.
But on second thorts i am thinking that uzing just one ball might be more exciting, and the 4 teams playing against eech other. A typikal rezult might be TeamA 2 goals wins, TeamC and TeamD 1 goal eech hav a draw, and TeamB 0 goals loozers.
madMac.