PDA

View Full Version : DailyKos admits posting fraudulent polls.

LWW
06-29-2010, 06:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More on Research 2000
by kos

Tue Jun 29, 2010 at 10:01:39 AM PDT

I have just published a report by three statistics wizards showing, quite convincingly, that the weekly Research 2000 State of the Nation poll we ran the past year and a half was likely bunk. </div></div>

I've always said the DailyKos polls had to be coooked.

I give them kudos for admitting it, and it appears that DK might have actually been the victim.

LWW
&gt;&gt;&gt;OH DEAR&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/6/29/880185/-More-on-Research-2000)

llotter
06-29-2010, 08:50 PM
The Left is a fraud at its core and it is plain to see once the eloquent lies penetrate to the real world.

LAMas
06-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Is the Climate Change data any better?

Qtec
06-30-2010, 12:33 AM
What an idiot you are.

Q

Qtec
06-30-2010, 12:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've always said the DailyKos polls had to be coooked. </div></div>

...but they weren't cooked by the Daily Kos!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Daily Kos Founder Suing Pollster Research 2000: 'We Were Defrauded'</span>

</div></div>

It wasn't only the DK who was duped.

link (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plum-line/2010/06/lawyer_for_dailykos_details_la.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It's war! Lawyer for DailyKos details lawsuit against Research 2000

Okay, I just got off the phone with a lawyer for DailyKos, and he gave me a bunch of interesting new detail about the lawsuit Kos is going to file against the polling outfit Research 2000.

The gist: This is likely to be a serious lawsuit that is going to flush a lot out into the open, and prompt a serious discussion about what news orgs should be doing to vet polling data they commission.

In case you missed it, DailyKos founder Markos Moulitsas today revealed that he was preparing to sue Research 2000, which Kos has commissioned polling from for years. Kos said a trio of statistics experts dug into their polling and concluded that much of the polling "we ran the past year and a half was likely bunk."

Kos's lawyer, Adam Bonin, tells me:

1) The lawsuit will be for breach of contract, fraud, and negligent misrepresentation, and will be filed in the Northern District of California, where Markos is based.

2) This goes beyond the trio of experts that Markos cited today. Bonin says that they took their findings to "other experts in statistics and polling," and that they agreed with the analysis finding the polling to be highly questionable. This underscores the seriousness of the charge.

3) The president of Research 2000 promised Markos in an email that the firm would divulge all of its data supporting the polling conclusions sold to DailyKos, but never followed through, Bonin says. He adds that a June 14th email from Research 2000 president Del Ali to Markos says: "As far as I'm concerned you can have all the raw data."

"They handed us fiction and told us it was fact," Bonin charged. "It's pretty damn clear that numbers were fabricated, and that the polling that we paid for was not performed."

Research 2000 chief Ali rejected the charge that anything is amiss. "I will tell you unequivocally that we conducted EVERY poll properly for the Daily Kos," Ali told the Post's polling director, Jon Cohen.

Kos' lawyer, for his part, rejected the idea that DailyKos should have shown more skepticism about the polling. "This was a reputable polster who had done polling for a number of other organizations," he said. "This is about defending the Web site and defending our readers from a fraud that was perpetrated on them."

Wow.

Full disclosure: This blog, like Post blogs, regularly linked to Research 2000 polls, because the firm has been on the Post's "approved" list. Like I said above, this is likely to prompt a serious discussion about whether news orgs should be doing more to vet the polling they commission or publish. </div></div>

Q

LWW
06-30-2010, 03:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've always said the DailyKos polls had to be coooked. </div></div>

...but they weren't cooked by the Daily Kos!

Q </div></div>

But they were cooked for the DailyKos ... IOW DK went looking for a pollster who could "find" the desired polling result.

DK may not have told them to cook the polls, but when you seek a pollster who can deliver a preordained result ... it's hard to claim total innocence.
In any event ... it is what it is, fraud, and a fraud that the left across the board has accepted with glee.

&gt;&gt;&gt;OOOPSY&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0610/Markos_charges_polling_fraud.html)

LWW

hondo
06-30-2010, 08:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What an idiot you are.

Q </div></div>

Vengeance shall be mine, saith the Lord.

Lotter believes in Christian love, and if you don't like that, he'll put a cap in your ass.

LWW
07-01-2010, 04:50 AM
Thanks for revealing your true nature. Again.

You claim to despise name calling ... yet cheer on those who do it.

As Q would say ... what a hypocrite.

LWW

hondo
07-01-2010, 06:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for revealing your true nature. Again.

LWW </div></div>

HOLY CRAP! You don't think Lotter is an idiot?
He spouts Christianity while advocating murder, for crying out loud!
What's wrong with you?

Oh, wait a minute! You're the guy who kept praising Johnny D.
for his non-stop childish taunts towards me.

Why am I asking you for discernment?

If it makes you feel any better, I forgive you and Johnny for your hate posts. But I can never forget.
I pray that you will start going to church and that the Good Lord
can free you from your hate and anger and disappointment at the way your life has turned out.
Bless you, brother.

LWW
07-01-2010, 07:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for revealing your true nature. Again.

LWW </div></div>

HOLY CRAP! You don't think Lotter is an idiot?
He spouts Christianity while advocating murder, for crying out loud!
What's wrong with you?

Oh, wait a minute! You're the guy who kept praising Johnny D.
for his non-stop childish taunts towards me.

Why am I asking you for discernment?

If it makes you feel any better, I forgive you and Johnny for your hate posts. But I can never forget.
I pray that you will start going to church and that the Good Lord
can free you from your hate and anger and disappointment at the way your life has turned out.
Bless you, brother. </div></div>

Of course I don't think he's an idiot. I don't blieve I've ever called you an idiot either ... although at times you present compelling arguments that I might be wrong on that.

I do disagree with lotter on his defense of Kopp ... much as I disagree with you on your defense of the Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops. The difference is that lotter and I can agree to disagree while you get your shorts in an unholy knot over anyone telling the truth about Robert Cornelius Calvin Sales Byrd Junior.

Also ... you brought onto yourself the replies from JohnnyD ... there is no exuse for the racial slurs you have used, nor is there an excuse for posting links to skinhead websites advocating that people join.

This is where you engage in self flagellation again.

LWW

I

hondo
07-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Of course I don't think he's an idiot. I don't blieve I've ever called you an idiot either ... although at times you present compelling arguments that I might be wrong on that.

Which is the same as calling me a idiot.
I don't think you're an idiot either, buddy, although 90% of the time I wonder if I could be wrong. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

I do disagree with lotter on his defense of Kopp ... much as I disagree with you on your defense of the Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops. The difference is that lotter and I can agree to disagree while you get your shorts in an unholy knot over anyone telling the truth about Robert Cornelius Calvin Sales Byrd Junior.

No, the difference is that you use Byrd as a tool to attack me and YOU HAVE NEVER SAID ONE WORD TO LOTTER ABOUT HIS PRAISE OF MURDERERS. NOT ONE WORD.

Also ... you brought onto yourself the replies from JohnnyD ... there is no exuse for the racial slurs you have used, nor is there an excuse for posting links to skinhead websites advocating that people join.

There has never been one racial slur to either of you other than the fact that I have called you both phonies, which I believe with all my heart. If you consider that racism, and if I'm wrong about you two, which I sincerely doubt, then I apologize.

This is where you engage in self flagellation again.

SSDD. Get a new act, Larry. Your routine is really tired.

BTW, have a nice day. Go to church once in a while.
Pray. Study the Word. We would all benefit.

wolfdancer
07-01-2010, 02:24 PM
They should both read the good book, Brother Hondo!!!
I thought having lww as a spokesperson was bad enough, ...... but llotter has raised, or lowered the bar, to a whole new level, depending of course, on which side of the aisle you are on.
I'm seriously considering reporting him to the F.B.I. as a possible Presidential assassin. It's not normal to praise some coward for the sniper killing of another person....and it's not Christian.... "Vengeance is mine saith the Lord".....
But the so called Christian's here, have never let the teachings of the Bible, stop their hatred of and intolerance for, others...who may march to a different drummer, sans jackboots.
Blotter is just typical of the elitist ******** who believe the neighbors next door with the nice house and white picket fence; church going people with two kids and a dog, are somehow the enemy, because they don't buy into his vision of Utopia.
His, has been tried once before...in Germany in 1938.....

LWW
07-01-2010, 06:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, the difference is that you use Byrd as a tool to attack me</div></div>

Thanks for proving my point with such great eloquence.

Lotter sees a dislike of Kopp as a difference of opinion.

You see a dislike of Byrd as a personal attack on you ... and it is the height of dishonesty for you to claim you dislike Byrd and then also claim to see a dislike of Byrd as an attack on you. Are you attacking yourself ... or trying to fool someone?

Your undying defense of the Kleagle at one point had me wondering if thee were he. I still suspect he is a relative or associate of yours that you try to disassociate with in public yet simply can't bring yourself to not defend the Exalted Cyclops.

To make a short story long, you fool nobody.

LWW

hondo
07-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Care to take a poll of which one of us fools nobody on here?
Oh, that's right. You don't care anything about the fine folks on this forum.
That's why you post on here constantly. LMFAO!

LWW
07-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Why don't you post on AZB?

LWW

hondo
07-02-2010, 04:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't you post on AZB?

LWW </div></div>

Because I'm not like you. And you know exactly what
I'm talking about, bubs.

LWW
07-02-2010, 04:54 AM
Why don't you just answer the question?

LWW

hondo
07-02-2010, 05:06 AM
Sure. I am banned, and, unlike you , I refuse to come
on under a fake username.
I have something you lack, friend. Integrity.

Satisfied?

Next question?

LWW
07-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Truth vs truthiness.

You are banned ... I am not, you claim I have had different SN's even though you were thoroughly exposed on this before.

Babble some more for us now.

LWW

hondo
07-02-2010, 11:05 PM
You swore to God that you were not 2 posters that everybody knew you were.
That's when I stopped believing your religious posturings.

Stretch
07-03-2010, 02:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You swore to God that you were not 2 posters that everybody knew you were.
That's when I stopped believing your religious posturings. </div></div>

Hondo, kudo's for hanging in there as long as you did. He knows so little, and knows it so fluently. St.

LWW
07-03-2010, 04:05 AM
Yet you have never been able to show me up?

LWW

Stretch
07-03-2010, 05:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet you have never been able to show me up?

LWW </div></div>

I don't need to because;

a. It's not a contest.

b. You are your own worst enenmy.

c. Your not worth it.

d. As much as you wish i would entertain some discussion with you to satisfy your deep seated need for attention i just can't lower myself. But hey, check on e-bay, you might find a life for sale. St.

LWW
07-03-2010, 06:04 AM
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/star-wars-darth-sidious-rotflmfao.jpg

LWW

hondo
07-03-2010, 08:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet you have never been able to show me up?

LWW </div></div>

I don't need to because;

a. It's not a contest.

c. Your not worth it.

d. As much as you wish i would entertain some discussion with you to satisfy your deep seated need for attention i just can't lower myself. But hey, check on e-bay, you might find a life for sale. St. </div></div>

Worth a second look.
You said it all.

hondo
07-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Poor ole Larry. He just doesn't get it, does he, Stretch?
As Mr T said, " I pity the fool."

hondo
07-03-2010, 08:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet you have never been able to show me up?

LWW </div></div>

I don't need to because;

a. It's not a contest.

c. Your not worth it.

d. As much as you wish i would entertain some discussion with you to satisfy your deep seated need for attention i just can't lower myself. But hey, check on e-bay, you might find a life for sale. St. </div></div>

It doesn't appear that our Larry is on here for the hunting.

hondo
07-03-2010, 08:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet you have never been able to show me up?

LWW </div></div>

What a sad, sad statement that you think showing somebody up is so important.
How did you fall so far in 54 years, Larry?
I pray that you are able to overcome the demons that haunt you, my friend.
Take a walk today. Take some pictures. Go to a ball game.
Try to establish some kind of life.
I'm pulling for you.
Trust me. Your obsessions aren't healthy.

LWW
07-03-2010, 04:17 PM
ll, let's see ... you claim to be an English teacher but come across as functionally illiterate. You claim to be smart but are befuddled my simple math. You claim to be honest but often have a hard time telling the truth. You claim to be an independent thinker yet thrive on the hive mentality.

Oh ... and you want to lecture me on these things. Proceed ... babble on for us.

Oh ... and please don't pick on Q for being hoist be his own petard as he has an excuse with English not being his native tongue.

LWW

hondo
07-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Larry, you don't believe I was ever a school teacher
and I don't believe you aren't sucking on the welfare or disability teat.
There's just no trust on these forums, is there? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
07-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm not even convinced you ever went to school.

LWW

hondo
07-03-2010, 04:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet you have never been able to show me up?

LWW </div></div>

What a sad, sad statement that you think showing somebody up is so important.
How did you fall so far in 54 years, Larry?
I pray that you are able to overcome the demons that haunt you, my friend.
Take a walk today. Take some pictures. Go to a ball game.
Try to establish some kind of life.
I'm pulling for you.
Trust me. Your obsessions aren't healthy. </div></div>

Larry, I tried, buddy. I really did.
You respond with a bunch of ugly accusations.
I am curious. Which part of the above post convinced you that I wasn't an English teacher?

I can't imagine you having any real friends. If i'm ever in Dayton we'll go hoist a few and knock a few balls around.
Nobody should be as lonely as you.

hondo
07-03-2010, 04:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not even convinced you ever went to school.

LWW </div></div>

Larry, please stop these childish tantrums. You're starting to make a fool of yourself.
Calm down! I'm not out to get you.

LWW
07-03-2010, 07:47 PM
I wise move, not to add to your lifetime failure list that is.

LWW

hondo
07-03-2010, 08:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wise move, not to add to your lifetime failure list that is.

LWW </div></div>

"I wise move" ?????
Incoherent, but it kinda sounds like a threat.
Are you threatening me, Larry?
It's starting to sound like you've gone off the deep end.
"I wise move." "You wise move." " Me wise move."

Be sure and wipe that spittle off the keyboard after you finish typing. ROTFLMFAO!

hondo
07-03-2010, 08:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> not to add to your lifetime failure list that is.

LWW </div></div>

I'll compare my success in life to yours anytime.
You're one of the saddest figures on the internet.
Holed up in your little room. No love. No children.
No job. No sex. No friends. No life. No faith.
No integrity.No sense of humor.
Your only enjoyment in life these pathetic little attempts
to "win" arguments about people you don't even know.

How do you measure success, friend?

LWW
07-04-2010, 04:51 AM
Can't you feel the love oozing from brother H's rants my friends.

LWW

Stretch
07-04-2010, 04:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> not to add to your lifetime failure list that is.

LWW </div></div>

How do you measure success, friend? </div></div>

hondo, to Lar success is winning a flawed argument with an imagined enemy in a fake world while whats left of his sanity slowely drifts away. St.

LWW
07-04-2010, 05:01 AM
And those who claim to despise ad hominem attacks continue with their unabated ad hominem attacks.

This is where y'all complain about being victimized by your own asininity.

LWW

hondo
07-04-2010, 07:04 AM
LMFAO! Hate? It's reality, son.
Can you deny anything I said?
What's that?
I can't hear you?
I didn't think so?

Actually, to be honest, I do kinda envy you.
All these years I worked while you sat at home,
typing out hate messages while sucking on the government teat.

That working got old, bro.

hondo
07-04-2010, 07:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> not to add to your lifetime failure list that is.

LWW </div></div>

How do you measure success, friend? </div></div>

hondo, to Lar success is winning a flawed argument with an imagined enemy in a fake world while whats left of his sanity slowely drifts away. St. </div></div>

It appears that way, Stretch. Maybe I should ease off.