PDA

View Full Version : Qtec, I am disappointed.

pooltchr
07-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Since you are always willing to share your insights with us, I am surprised to see that you have totally neglected to share anything regarding the gracious offer, and subsequent refusal, of the advanced technology and equipment that the Netherlands was willing to send to the gulf immediately after the explosion of the deepwater platform.

You guys obviously could have had a huge part in preventing this spill from reaching the coast, yet the Obama administration felt they had everything well in hand. Now, 70 days later, the decide that maybe they could use some of your help.

From your perspective, you must be laughing at the stupidity, and arrogance of this administration, that allowed a big problem to become a huge disaster, particularly when it could have been prevented.

All of this is being reported by foreign news sources, yet it is being downplayed by our media. Canadian newspapers are calling it massive incompetence.

What are you hearing?

Steve

pooltchr
07-01-2010, 03:15 PM
And now, even more disappointed that you choose to ignore the question when it is directly asked!

Steve

hondo
07-01-2010, 06:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

All of this is being reported by foreign news sources, yet it is being downplayed by our media.

Steve </div></div>

FAUX didn't cover it!!!!

pooltchr
07-01-2010, 07:23 PM
You are correct. I had to read it in a Canadian news paper. I just figured that it might have been more widely covered in Holland.

I guess Q has me on ignore.

Steve

wolfdancer
07-01-2010, 07:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess Q has me on ignore. </div></div>
(It's probably the first time that you have been right!!!)
......and why not? It isn't like your posts are germane to any intelligent discussion.

hondo
07-01-2010, 08:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are correct. I had to read it in a Canadian news paper. I just figured that it might have been more widely covered in Holland.

I guess Q has me on ignore.

Steve </div></div>

I know I do. OOPS!

pooltchr
07-01-2010, 08:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess Q has me on ignore. </div></div>
(It's probably the first time that you have been right!!!)
......and why not? It isn't like your posts are germane to any intelligent discussion.
</div></div>

and yet, you continue to read them all and post up your bs behind them.

I thought you had me on ignore. So why the hell don't you ignore me??????????????????

azzwipe!!!

Steve

Qtec
07-02-2010, 12:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nederlandse ‘veegarmen’ komen olievlek opruimen
ANP op <span style='font-size: 17pt'>28 mei </span>'10, 15:42, bijgewerkt 28 mei 2010 15:46

BRUSSEL - <u>Nederland heeft toegezegd de VS te helpen met het opvegen van de olie in de Golf van Mexico.</u>

<span style="color: #990000">The Netherlands agrees to help the US with the oil spill.</span>

Nederland levert zes zogenoemde veegarmen, die aan de zijkant van schepen kunnen worden vastgemaakt, zo maakte het ministerie van Verkeer en Waterstaat vrijdag bekend.

<span style="color: #990000">The Dutch are sending 6 sweepers that fit on to the side of ships and gather the oil.</span>

Met de veegarmen wordt de drijvende olie uit het water verzameld en vervolgens weggepompt. Afhankelijk van de omstandigheden kan hiermee per uur maximaal 350 kubieke meter olie per set armen worden opgeruimd. De veegarmen blijven na gebruik in de Verenigde Staten. Rijkswaterstaat krijgt nieuwe veegarmen.

Het materiaal gaat zaterdag per vliegtuig naar de Amerikaanse kustwacht. Nederlandse experts gaan mee om de Amerikanen te begeleiden bij het gebruik van de apparatuur. De hulp van Nederland volgt op een Amerikaaans hulpverzoek, dat donderdagmiddag binnenkwam bij de Europese Commissie. Vooral veegarmen zijn welkom. Ook Spanje heeft hulp toegezegd.

<span style="color: #990000">The sweepers are being sent by air and Dutch experts are going with them to oversee their use. This is the result of a request for help made by the US to the EU. Spain has also offered to help.</span>

Het EU-agentschap EMSA voor veiligheid op zee, geleid door de Nederlander Willem de Ruiter, leent eveneens eigen materiaal uit.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">The EU agency 'safety at sea' is also lending their own equipment.</span>

Looks like they asked for help and accepted the help that was offered.
Q

eg8r
07-02-2010, 04:47 AM
That is not what Steve asked.

eg8r

hondo
07-02-2010, 04:47 AM
It sounds like you love Steve the way Larry and I love each other. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Okay. Group hug everybody.

Qtec
07-02-2010, 06:01 AM
OK,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you hearing?

Steve </div></div>

Nothing.

Q.......better?

pooltchr
07-02-2010, 06:34 AM
woofie...bite me!

Steve

pooltchr
07-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Q
thanks for your insight!
Yes, the Dutch made the offer within a week of the explosion. In fact, they offered to send ships equiped to do the job, along with the people who are experienced in using it to go to work.
Our response was, "Thank you, but we have everything we need right now to deal with it"
Fast forward to two months later, we decide we can probably use the equipment, but we need to have your people train our UNION people how to use it.

Had we accepted all the help offered immediately, as it was offered, in all likelihood, very little, if any, oil would be washing up on our shores.

It's just another example of the arrogance of this administration that they think they have all the answers. The fact is, the Dutch have far greater technology, and more experience in this area. To refuse their offer of help, and then to accept it 2 months later with conditions, is outrageous.

Personally, I would like to thank your country for their offer, and apologize for the administration for being too bull headed to admit that they actually needed your help.

Steve

Qtec
07-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Like I said in the other thread, BP didn't tell the truth to Obama.

If BP had plugged the well and all these ships from all over the world were sailing to the US needlessly, Fox would have crucified him for it.

Q

Gayle in MD
07-02-2010, 07:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said in the other thread, BP didn't tell the truth to Obama.

If BP had plugged the well and all these ships from all over the world were sailing to the US needlessly, Fox would have crucified him for it.

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes, annd none of these righties who have been critical of every dollar this president has spent to maintain jobs, in the States, and in the automobile industry, for example, ever consider that the first three weeks, nothing COULD be done, because of the weather and the rough seas, and these offers were going to add up to a lot of money, they weren't offering to do anything fvor free!

They'd have all crucified the spending... I can just hear them now...
Obama blew all that money, and we still have oil everywhere!

BP has been sinking that oil to hide it. When the first hurricane hits that area, the oil is going to be hanging from the trees, and how much good would skimming do, when they've been burrying most of the oil all along. A hurricane will raise a lot of that mess, and spread it everywhere.

BP execs should be prosecuted in criminal court, and you can bet the right would be squealing like pigs if anything like that happened, defending their cherished oil corps. They're already doing that now!

Republicans have protected the banks, Health insurance corps, BP, and now refuse to address our critical illegal alien problem, fear of losing all that low wage labor for their beloved corps.

They lie as they go, of course, right here you can see people accusing Obama of Amnesty, when he's never said he will offer amnesty. ONLY Reagan gave away citizenship to illegals, which brought moew of them in here in the droves.

We now know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there are no good solutions to solve quickly any future deep water oil well disasters, and the right is attacking Obama for shutting them down.

If THAT isn't insanity, what is? They NEVER take responsibility for the disastrous consequences of their policies.

G.
</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
07-02-2010, 09:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said in the other thread, BP didn't tell the truth to Obama.

Q </div></div>

And since they haven't been able to stop the flow, this post is of no value. The fact is, Obama could have prevented, or minimized the impact of the spill on the gulf coast, and chose not to do so.

If Bush had done that, you would have hung him out to dry!

Why does Obama get a pass for incompetence from you?

Steve

eg8r
07-02-2010, 10:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If BP had plugged the well and all these ships from all over the world were sailing to the US needlessly, Fox would have crucified him for it. </div></div>Well then considering the end result we are now facing I would suggest Obama quit acting based on what he thinks Fox will say or do. Since you put it this way, it shows he is even worse than we originally thought. Now he is making decisions based on whether Fox will crucify him.

eg8r