PDA

View Full Version : Demokooks use unemployed as stage props.

LWW
07-03-2010, 04:20 AM
Every time I think they can't get any more shameful, they prove me wrong.

After blaming the other side for not extending UE benefits we find that the demokooks refused each and every compromise attempt to pass the extension ... insisting only upon passage if 100% of the cost is added to the deficit in violation of the very rule they bragged about passing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Democrats have been painting Republicans as unsympathetic to the long-term unemployed who will be unable to collect benefits, but Democratic leaders have rejected several offers by the GOP to vote for the bill if at least some of it is paid for.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"My concern is that the Democrats are more interested in having this issue to demagogue for political gamesmanship than they are in simply passing the benefits extension," said Sen. George Voinovich, R-Ohio, who offered a deal that was rejected by Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.</span>

Democratic leaders were quick to attack Republicans for opposing the benefits, with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., calling their opposition "just cruel" and "contrary to what our country is about."
Republicans, meanwhile, stood firm in their argument that extending benefits should not add to the deficit.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Voinovich told Reid he would vote for extending benefits if at least half of the extension could be paid for with unused money from the $787 billion stimulus package.</span> ...

The House passed a sixth-month extension on Thursday, but the Senate was long gone by then, having shut down early so that the late Sen. Robert Byrd's body could lie in repose in the chamber. Any future action by the Senate will have to wait until lawmakers return on July 12.
On Wednesday, the Senate rejected a measure to extend benefits, with most Republicans and one Democrat, Sen. Ben Nelson, D-Neb., opposed to the bill because it would add more than $33 billion to the nation's $1.3 trillion deficit. The Senate came up just one vote short of passage, with Sens. Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, Maine Republicans, voting yes.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>After the bill failed, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., offered a compromise that would extend benefits for two months and pay for it fully with unused stimulus funding. But Reid turned it down.

"The only reason the unemployment extension hasn't passed is because Democrats simply refuse to pass a bill that doesn't add to the debt," McConnell said. "That's it. That's the only difference between what they've offered and what we've offered."</span>

McConnell pointed out that earlier this month, 57 Democrats voted for an amendment offered by Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., that would also have used stimulus money to pay for some of the benefits. The amendment fell three votes short of the 60 needed for passage, but Reid was among the supporters.[/b][/size]

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politi...l#ixzz0sc3D3T5H (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/congress/Dems-refuse-compromise-to-extend-unemployment-benefits-97625324.html#ixzz0sc3D3T5H) </div></div>

Why would they do this you ask?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The US economy lost 125,000 jobs in June, more than economists had forecast, as thousands of temporary census jobs ended and private hiring grew less than expected.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>And though the unemployment rate unexpectedly fell to 9.5% from 9.7%, the lowest in a year, it was largely due to more people dropping out of the labor force.</span>

The report was the latest sign that the economic recovery may be faltering. </div></div>

Because those who are out of benefits are no longer counted as "UNEMPLOYED" by the regime's stats. This allows the regime to claim, a story which the O-cult will willingly lick from the spoon, that UE is going down when in reality the economy still has a negative job growth rate.

This is quite Orwellian ...

TRUTH VS TRUTHINESS I (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/congress/Dems-refuse-compromise-to-extend-unemployment-benefits-97625324.html)

TRUTH VS TRUTHINESS II (http://www.cnbc.com/id/38054214)

LWW

Qtec
07-03-2010, 05:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> After blaming the other side for not extending UE benefits we find that the demokooks <u>refused each and every compromise attempt to pass the extension</u> </div></div>

Really, only in Bizzaro World.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>During the past several weeks, in an effort to appease deficit hawks, Reid and Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) trimmed a broader spending bill that included the benefits among a host of other domestic aid programs. They reduced the bill's 10-year deficit impact from $134 billion to $33 billion -- the cost of reauthorizing extended unemployment benefits through November -- but to no avail.</span>

This week, Reid and Baucus pulled out the unemployment benefits as a $33-billion standalone bill, attaching an extension of the homebuyer tax credit, yet it wasn't enough of a sweetener to overcome the deficit demands of most Republicans and Ben Nelson. After the vote, the Senate unanimously consented to the extension of the tax credit, as Reid said would happen if the vote failed.

Though there is some talk within their caucus of offsetting the cost of unemployment benefits to keep them from adding to the deficit, Democratic leaders refused to cave; they argued that because the cost of federally-funded extended benefits has never been offset, deficit neutrality shouldn't suddenly become a requirement for emergency aid. </div></div>

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/30/unemployment-jobless-fails-senate_n_631710.html)
Q

LWW
07-03-2010, 06:09 AM
http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/gifs/mistakes.jpeg

You are so cute when you try to act smart ... however if you would/could actually read what you post you would know that you confirmed my point.

Thanks.

LWW

pooltchr
07-03-2010, 08:55 AM
The House did pass the bill Thursday before taking off for the holiday. It will be up to the Senate when they return after the 4th. Oh yeah, the house vote did not follow party lines. There were Reps who voted to pass it, as well as Dems who voted against it.

Steve

Qtec
07-03-2010, 04:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are so cute when you try to act smart</div></div>

I just swatted you like a fly and you know it. I showed your claim to be COMPLETELY bogus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ... however if you would/could actually read what you post you would know that <u>you confirmed my point.</u>

Thanks.
</div></div>

I don't see it. Explain it to me.

Q

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They reduced the bill's 10-year deficit impact from $134 billion to $33 billion </div></div>

LWW
07-04-2010, 04:59 AM
The links are self explanatory ... for you to understand requires that you want to understand.

LWW

Qtec
07-04-2010, 05:59 AM
LOL

Q.........you can't.

LWW
07-04-2010, 08:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL

Q.........you can't. </div></div>

Being that you have quoted data verifying my point twice without ever comprehending any of it ... you are correct sir, I can't explain it to you.

LWW