PDA

View Full Version : Biggest problem we face today

pooltchr
07-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Our society (and even our fourm group) has fallen into a trap that is destroying the country. And it all started in Washington. We have two parties, and the individuals we send to Washington have sworn to represent the people, but in reality, once they get there, they represent the party. Healthcare was a good example of how the party leadership will strongarm their individual members to follow the party line. They have stopped thinking for themselves, or thinking about what is actually best for the country. Instead, they are concerned about what will keep their party in power, and assure that the support for their campaigns continue. It's how they keep their job.

We often fall into the same trap. We see "our side" as always right, and the other side as always wrong. That is rarely the case. So we end up fighting with individuals because of the letter behind their name, rather than actually discussing issues.

Maybe we need to give up all the network talking heads, and start researching things ourselves and forming our own opinions. There is an inner peace that comes from not allowing anyone else to tell you what to think! Maybe we need to stop listening to what the politicians say, and start watching what they do!

Until we can face reality and start thinking for ourselves, we aren't going to be able to move forward. If you believe that one party is always right, and one party is always wrong, you are just a blind fool, and just adding to the problem.

End of rant.

Steve

LWW
07-11-2010, 09:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you believe that one party is always right, and one party is always wrong, you are just a blind fool, and just adding to the problem.

End of rant.

Steve </div></div>

I wish the left's problem was that simple.

Witness the defense of Shabazz and the NBPP and you will see blind partisanship that makes the 1933 Nazi Nuremburg parades seem sane in comparison.

LWW

Stretch
07-11-2010, 09:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you believe that one party is always right, and one party is always wrong, you are just a blind fool, and just adding to the problem.

End of rant.

Steve </div></div>

Witness the defense of Shabazz and the NBPP and you will see blind partisanship that makes the 1933 Nazi Nuremburg parades seem sane in comparison.

LWW </div></div>

Who is defending Shabazz? We all think he's a racist scumbag involved with illegal activities! If you have a problem take it to the philadelphia police department! MAN YOUR THICK!!! St.

Stretch
07-11-2010, 09:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our society (and even our fourm group) has fallen into a trap that is destroying the country. And it all started in Washington. We have two parties, and the individuals we send to Washington have sworn to represent the people, but in reality, once they get there, they represent the party. Healthcare was a good example of how the party leadership will strongarm their individual members to follow the party line. They have stopped thinking for themselves, or thinking about what is actually best for the country. Instead, they are concerned about what will keep their party in power, and assure that the support for their campaigns continue. It's how they keep their job.

We often fall into the same trap. We see "our side" as always right, and the other side as always wrong. That is rarely the case. So we end up fighting with individuals because of the letter behind their name, rather than actually discussing issues.

Maybe we need to give up all the network talking heads, and start researching things ourselves and forming our own opinions. There is an inner peace that comes from not allowing anyone else to tell you what to think! Maybe we need to stop listening to what the politicians say, and start watching what they do!

Until we can face reality and start thinking for ourselves, we aren't going to be able to move forward. If you believe that one party is always right, and one party is always wrong, you are just a blind fool, and just adding to the problem.

End of rant.

Steve
</div></div>

Good post Steve. St.

LWW
07-11-2010, 10:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you believe that one party is always right, and one party is always wrong, you are just a blind fool, and just adding to the problem.

End of rant.

Steve </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Who is defending Shabazz? We all think he's a racist scumbag involved with illegal activities! If you have a problem take it to the philadelphia police department! MAN YOUR THICK!!! St. </div></div>

Your doublethink skills improve daily.

LWW

Qtec
07-11-2010, 10:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who is defending Shabazz? </div></div>

You never answered.

Q

pooltchr
07-11-2010, 11:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who is defending Shabazz? </div></div>

You never answered.

Q </div></div>

That isn't even the topic of this thread. But I notice that nobody from the left seems interested in commenting on this one....maybe still waiting to find out what they are supposed to think????

Steve

yaz
07-11-2010, 12:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We often fall into the same trap. We see "our side" as always right, and the other side as always wrong. That is rarely the case. So we end up fighting with individuals because of the letter behind their name, rather than actually discussing issues.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I notice that nobody from the left seems interested in commenting on this one....maybe still waiting to find out what they are supposed to think???? </div></div>
What am I supposed to think about these two conflicting statements?

pooltchr
07-11-2010, 12:33 PM
I guess you could think that the only posters that agree with the first statement are those who lean toward the right.

Steve

yaz
07-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Again you reply with a line that negates the supposed? intent of your original post?
Actually, what I think about the thinking behind all (3 now) statements of yours....I cannot put into print. It would be a Kapitol offense, leading to a ban....and as "Ban" itself states:
"Don't sweat the small stuff"
XXX (http://www.feelbanfresh.com/Unscented-Solid.aspx)
Carry on....I'm done with this thread

pooltchr
07-11-2010, 01:42 PM
We thank you for your insight and contribution to the discussion.

Steve

yaz
07-11-2010, 02:38 PM
what discussion?
You were on your soapbox....again, preaching tolerance, while at the same time, putting all the blame on one side here, in an intolerant post.
I think "white man speak with forked tongue"

LWW
07-11-2010, 02:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who is defending Shabazz? </div></div>

You never answered.

Q </div></div>

You answered for me.

LWW

hondo
07-11-2010, 03:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We often fall into the same trap. We see "our side" as always right, and the other side as always wrong. That is rarely the case. So we end up fighting with individuals because of the letter behind their name, rather than actually discussing issues.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I notice that nobody from the left seems interested in commenting on this one....maybe still waiting to find out what they are supposed to think???? </div></div>
What am I supposed to think about these two conflicting statements? </div></div>

LOL!

pooltchr
07-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Some seem to think it's ok....others don't.

You figure it out! (Or ask someone what you should think about it, whatever suits you)

Steve

hondo
07-11-2010, 03:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess you could think that the only posters that agree with the first statement are those who lean toward the right.

Steve </div></div>

What is it you want? Stretch said good post.
I thought good post. But then you and your idol ruined it
with all your immediate attacks on the Left.
That's why I held off saying good post.
I wanted to see what was next.
And, as usual, you and Larry lived DOWN to my expectations.

So, IOW, your post was all crap. You didn't believe it.
You're just tired of the beatdowns you and your hero have been receiving on here.
Right?