PDA

View Full Version : Billiards and Quantum Mechanics

argonath
07-11-2010, 12:23 PM
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-45944...antum-Mechanics (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-45944-Phoenix-Billiards-Examiner~y2010m7d11-Arizona-State-Physicist-Uses-Billiards-to-Explain-Quantum-Mechanics)

Argonath

cushioncrawler
07-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Quantum stuff iz beyond me. All i know iz that it/they iz all wrong. I didnt like that article. For instance, there iz no such thing az energy, hencely energy karnt fill a space.
Hmmmmm, on the other hand, i beleev in aether theory, aether duz fill space, if we called aether a kind of energy then praps they are in fakt getting warm with their krapp.
madMac.

bradb
07-12-2010, 06:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quantum stuff iz beyond me. All i know iz that it/they iz all wrong. I didnt like that article. For instance, there iz no such thing az energy, hencely energy karnt fill a space.
Hmmmmm, on the other hand, i beleev in aether theory, aether duz fill space, if we called aether a kind of energy then praps they are in fakt getting warm with their krapp.
madMac. </div></div>

Mac, good to see ya again.

Einstein didn't like Quantum physics either... something about god does'nt roll dice or something.... I wonder if god plays pool? My guess is yes!.... Probably prefers either snooker or 14-1 as there's no luck in those games and he/she doesn't believe in luck. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Brad

cushioncrawler
07-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Brad -- funny thing -- i hav been rolling the dice lately, for billiards. I woz trying to work out the difference in a player's average and size of breaks etc at english billiards based on hiz'her every shot being 5/6ths chance of success and 1/6th failure -- and komparing it to the ave for a better player whose success rate woz 11/12ths and failure 1/12th -- and rather than uzing theory i decided i would simply roll 2 dice -- if the white die lands on 1 player A misses, but if on the same throw the black die lands on evens player B keeps going.
Havnt finished yet.
madMac.

argonath
07-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Brad -

I wrote an interesting article (outside of pool) about how Quantum physics validates both biblical creation, and how true Christian beleivers can be in BOTH the material realm, and the spiritual Kingdom of God simultaneously.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3018458/quantum_physics_and_its_connection.html?cat=34

Argonath

bradb
07-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I see your point Mac. There is merit in applying randomness to averages as seen in the application of a dart board to stock market. There was a study done that tracked the profit/loss records of the top brokerages over a set time against that of just throwing a dart at the Dow Jones list pinned to the wall. There was no difference in the out come and in some cases the dart did better!
Brad

cushioncrawler
07-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Ah, the old Down Joes index. Dart v's Dice.
Thing with financial bizness iz that every dollar of profit = a dollar of loss somewhere, ie zero real kontribution to the pipple.
madMac.

cushioncrawler
07-13-2010, 06:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: argonath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brad - I wrote an interesting article (outside of pool) about how Quantum physics validates both biblical creation, and how true Christian beleivers can be in BOTH the material realm, and the spiritual Kingdom of God simultaneously.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3018458/quantum_physics_and_its_connection.html?cat=34 Argonath</div></div>Argonath -- I redd your article, i dont agree much. Thing iz, none of that quantum stuff or vibrating string stuff iz theory. Setting up equations and math etc iznt theory of itself, even if the equations are korrekt. Theory hazta deskribe how something exists and what that something looks like and what that something duzz. Re string theory, i dont think that any scientist out there aktually thinks that matter etc looks like a string -- they just say that something out there acts like the equations of a vibrating string, thats all.

And that bizness about 13 dimensions etc iz komplete krapp. For one thing, time iznt a dimension, Peter Lynds of new zealand showed us that.

Re Einstein, Einstein sayd that if the speed of light iznt konstant, that if it iz related to the sidereal day, then Einstein sayd that hiz stuff woz nowhere.
And, guess what, the speed of light iz related to the sidereal day -- lots of old and modern measurements show this.
Einstein woz wrong. Scientists know this.
madMac.

argonath
07-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Thats ok to agree or disagree.

Its an interesting theory I came up with when I started reading up on String Theory and Gen 1:2.

Argonath

bradb
07-13-2010, 11:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah, the old Down Joes index. Dart v's Dice.
Thing with financial bizness iz that every dollar of profit = a dollar of loss somewhere, ie zero real kontribution to the pipple.
madMac. </div></div>

So what are you saying... loss is a good thing? I just visited a massive empty housing development of bankrupt homes in Arizona.. thousands of people lost everything there. Nobody gained. Everybody lost. Brad

cushioncrawler
07-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Brad -- Loss might be good or bad. Loss means that someone got some shares cheap. Loss duznt necessaryly affekt the size of the cake, just the slicing.
Finance affekts the slicing. Finance iz a cost mostly, a drain on the pipple mostly. I hate finance.
madMac.

bradb
07-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Loss is rarely good for anybody as it sets the tone for market confidence. I hate finance also, thank god I married a corporate tax analyst. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
07-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Pool and quantum physics ... what a neat concept.

If one takes the Heisenberg uncertainty principle to the end then there is a universe somewhere where I am the world 9 ball champion.

LWW

argonath
07-14-2010, 12:42 PM
That sounds more like Schroedigners Cat theory.

At any given time, you are BOTH champion, and NOT a champion, dependant upon the perspective and view in the universe.

LWW
07-15-2010, 05:04 AM
Very similar. With the Heisenberg principle, according to believers in the multiverse, every decision sets of 2 or more new timelines.

LWW

cushioncrawler
07-15-2010, 07:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very similar. With the Heisenberg principle, according to believers in the multiverse, every decision sets of 2 or more new timelines.LWW</div></div>Heisenberg and Co karnt be fully korrekt, koz firstly they think that there iz such a thing az time, ie a time existing everywhere. But lynds shows us that there iz no such thing az a universal sort of time. Time duznt exist, and certainly (pun nonintended) universal time duznt exist. Not that Heisenberg's uncertainty stuff iz useless, just wish i understood it.

Parallel universes stuff iz interesting. I guess that it would havtabe based on Einstein's idea that god duz not play dice.
But, if god duz not play dice, then everything we see and do iz pre-ordained. Given a starting state, and given natural laws, and natural reactions, then what happens must happen.
Yet, we know that organisms introduce reactions based on thort etc. This seems to defy science, and Einstein. Organisms seem to be able to change the future. Its a mystery its a mystery -- az David would say in Shine.
madMac.

SpiderMan
07-29-2010, 03:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quantum stuff iz beyond me. All i know iz that it/they iz all wrong. I didnt like that article. For instance, there iz no such thing az energy, hencely energy karnt fill a space.
madMac. </div></div>

Quantum theory is child's play compared with deciphering whatever Mad Mac just said /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Qtec
08-03-2010, 05:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quantum stuff iz beyond me. </div></div>

You don't need any of this stuff to play a good game of pool.

You learn by practice. Practice is repetition and observing cause and effect.
ie. I hit the OB on the LHS with the CB and the OB goes to the right....even in the quantum world it happens every time.

That's where you begin.

At the higher levels, the deciding factor is not your technical skills but the the other 20% of the game, mentality. At the top level every one can run rack after rack in practice but its the true champions that can do it under pressure when they HAVE to. No second chance.

Every time I have have a young player with any talent, I have tried to prepare him for that moment, from day one.

Mindset is everything at the tp level.

Rant over. LOL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Qtec.........keep it simple.

cushioncrawler
08-03-2010, 06:44 AM
Q.
One can go higher faster if one knows what "Flatspot Sqeez" iz.
If one duznt know what "Squerv" iz then one hazta fall back on talent.

Hey, what about old players with talent??????
Hav u ever seen an old player bekum a winner???????
mac.