PDA

View Full Version : Lies & the lying liars who yell them ...

LWW
07-14-2010, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Media Matters headline: Coulter suggests she might let three U.S. cities be bombed, depending on which cities they are.

Really? I’ve transcribed the video at the link:

My favorite Obama answer during the debates on national security was: “What would you do if, during this debate, God forbid, three U.S. cities were hit simultaneously?” And he said he’d send ambulances. And John Edwards said: “And I’d be right there chasing them.”

See, it shows you how different Obama and I are. I would have said: “Which three U.S. cities?”

She’s not suggesting that she would let three U.S. cities be bombed. She’s saying her response as President would depend on which three U.S. cities were bombed. </div></div>

OH MY! (http://patterico.com/2009/02/28/media-matters-lies-about-coulter-line-at-cpac/)

LWW
07-14-2010, 10:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Media Matters for America was founded to fight conservative "misinformation." But they don't fight liberal misinformation. They spread it. The Radio Equalizer blog is reporting that now that Rush Limbaugh's NFL-ownership bid is ruined, Media Matters is telling liberal radio hosts that maybe they could stop spreading absurd fake quotes about Limbaugh suggesting slavery had merits or Martin Luther King’s assassin deserved a medal.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/...e#ixzz0tfnx3Xkd (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2009/10/22/media-matters-wont-apologize-spreading-fake-limbaugh-slavery-quote#ixzz0tfnx3Xkd) </div></div>

OH DEAR (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2009/10/22/media-matters-wont-apologize-spreading-fake-limbaugh-slavery-quote)

LWW

LWW
07-14-2010, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A recent article posted on mediamatter.com and in the NY Daily News is using cut and paste quotes to try and slander Rush Limbaugh. MSNBC repeated the lie on television this morning in the liberal meida’s attempt to slander the most listened to radio host in history.
Limbaugh, on his show, read from two AP articles quoting Reverend Jesse Jackson, the famous race baiter. He quoted Rev. Jackson saying “The black frame of mind is terrible. They’re depressed. They’re down — Obama’s not doing anything for ‘em. How is that hoax and change workin’ for ya? They’re all livid,”.
The exact quote from limbaughs show referring to the two AP News articles he was about to read stated:
“I got two more stories in the stack today about how black unemployment is through the roof. Black unemployment is terrible. The black frame of mind is terrible, they’re depressed, they’re down — Obama’s not doing anything for ‘em.”
Jackson and the stories were referring to the unemployment in the black community which is near 25% of all black workers.
MSNBC’s morning news simply said “Limbaugh says blacks are depressed by Tiger Woods white girlfriends”. This is a complete lie, as you can see from the actual quote.
Well take this moment to remind you that GE owns NBC and the CEO of GE is on Obama’s staff. So Obama employs the man who runs NBC, 1984 anyone?
Limbaugh quoted Jackson on his show and the following is what the AP and the liberal scum at Mediamatters.com printed in attempt to slander a private citizen who they don’t like.
“If you believe Rush Limbaugh, African-Americans are suffering from a collective malaise brought on by anger at President Obama’s economic policies — and the white women of the Tiger Woods scandal.
On Tuesday’s edition of “The Rush Limbaugh Show,” the right-wing radio firebrand sounded off on “the black frame of mind” and the disappointment he claims the African-American community feels toward the Obama presidency.
“The black frame of mind is terrible. They’re depressed. They’re down — Obama’s not doing anything for ‘em. How is that hoax and change workin’ for ya? They’re all livid,” Limbaugh said.
Blacks are “upset” and “feel abandoned” by Obama and, he added, “I’m sure Tiger Woods’ choice of females [is] not helping ‘em out with their attitudes there, either.”
Audio was posted on the Web site of Media Matters.” </div></div>

SLICE AND SPLICE JOURNALISM (http://www.charlotteconservative.com/index.php/2009/12/more-lies-about-limbaugh/)

LWW

LWW
07-14-2010, 10:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RUSH: Ladies and gentlemen, in the last half hour, Harry Reid took to the floor of the Senate and proceeded to spend five-to-seven minutes denouncing me, spreading the smear that started last week on this phony soldiers business. He has prepared a letter to be sent to the CEO of the company that syndicates this program, and that letter he asked as many senators as possible to sign, offering them the opportunity to demand of my syndicator that I be condemned for something that I did not say, which Harry Reid knows I did not say. The House of Representatives, I have just learned, is going to introduce a resolution this afternoon along the lines of the MoveOn.org resolution that was introduced last week, tit-for-tat, they want a vote in the House to condemn me, a private citizen, for something I did not say. These people have had three, four days now to learn the truth about this, and they no doubt know the truth, which doesn't matter. What they are trying to do is flood a false story into the Drive-By Media and have that survive and suffice as the evidence and as the story of what I said when it wasn't.

This is not just the anatomy of a smear. There's much more going on with this than just smearing me. There is an attempt, I think, as they have done throughout my career, to discredit me. No matter how many signatures they get on their letter in the Senate, no matter how many votes they get on their resolution in the House, the idea was offered, and so far no Republicans have spoken up, but it's early. After Harry Reid finished reading his letter and then castigating and excoriating me for something I didn't say and didn't do, he then went to normal business and Chuck Grassley is up there talking about some piece of Ted Kennedy legislation. There has been no response by Republicans to this yet, and I don't know that there will be. I have no clue. We have some sound bites here of Dingy Harry on the floor of the Senate this afternoon. There are four of them, and here is the first of the four.

REID: Last week, Rush Limbaugh went way over the line, way over the line. While I respect his right to say anything he likes, his unpatriotic comments I cannot ignore. During his show last Wednesday, Limbaugh was engaged in one of his typical rants. This one was unremarkable, indistinguishable from his usual drivel, which has been steadily losing listeners for years, [sic] until he crossed that line by calling our men and women in uniform who oppose the war in Iraq, and I quote, "phony soldiers." [sic] This comment was so beyond the pale of decency, and we can't leave it alone. And yet he followed it up with denials and an attack on Congressman Jack Murtha, who was a 37-year active member of the Marine Corps, combat veteran.

RUSH: (laughing) I don't quite know how to deal with this. I mean, it's not a laughing matter, although it is a laughing matter because this is such -- you talk about Kafkaesque. I have just finished an interview with Clarence Thomas talking about the lies and stuff spread about him during his confirmation hearings, and now I, little old private citizen, Rush Limbaugh, the subject of Senate action, the subject today of House of Representatives action, all based on a purposely told lie, which they know is a lie, and yet they are persisting in this. Followed it up with denials? I followed it up with setting the record straight. By the way, on my website, folks, all of this is there. It's been up there all weekend, and we added something last night that you have to see.

A week ago today, ABC News, Charlie Gibson, World News Tonight, did a feature with Brian Ross, their investigative reporter, on phony soldiers! Last Monday, one week ago today. I don't see ABC being denounced. Their story was on Jesse MacBeth, the same soldier I was talking about one week ago. That video is up at RushLimbaugh.com, as well as an exposé by Brent Bozell's group, the Media Research Center, on just who Media Matters for America is. As to Jack Murtha, I just did a story today saying that he has been sued by a soldier for calling him a murderer. I just reported the news today, and yet this is reported as an attack on Congressman Jack Murtha. This is Kafkaesque, it's McCarthy-like, and I think I told you this on many occasions. My father would not believe any of this, not because of the Senate, he just wouldn't believe that his son has become the focal point of Democrats in the House of Representatives in the Senate, someone targeted for destruction and smear, as a private citizen. Here is number two of Senator Reid.

REID: Rush Limbaugh took it upon himself to attack the courage and character of those fighting and dying for him and for all of us. Rush Limbaugh got himself a deferment from serving when he was a young man. He never served in uniform. He never saw in person the extreme difficulty of maintaining peace in a foreign country engaged in a civil war. He never saw a person in combat. Yet he thinks that his opinion on the war is worth more than those who have been on the front lines. And what's worse, Limbaugh's show is broadcast on Armed Forces Radio, which means that thousands of troops, overseas, and veterans here at home, were forced to hear this attack on their patriotism. Rush Limbaugh owes the men and women of our armed forces an apology.

RUSH: (laughing) He's gotta be a nut. I cannot believe that they are actually going this far with this. I did apologize today to the troops, Senator Reid, for you, and for Media Matters for America. If anybody in this country has been trying to demoralize the troops, it is you, sir, and your members of the Democrat Party. You have waved the white flag of defeat. You have claimed that they cannot win. You are trying to shift the focus from your perception, the perception, accurately, that people have of you and your party, to me, who everyone who has listened to me any length of time whatsoever knows that these allegations are just totally untrue. As to why I'm on the Armed Forces Radio network, it was President Clinton's defense secretary, Les Aspin, who secured an hour of this program on the Armed Forces Radio network, and because I was requested. They did a poll of the troops back then, and the troops requested that this program be on Armed Forces Radio. Did you notice in this bite, since I've never been to combat, I'm not qualified -- which is another liberal assault on free speech. If you haven't done something, you're not allowed to talk about it, Senator Reid says.

I have made troop visits to Afghanistan, Senator, and I have been to Walter Reed Army hospital, and I have been to several military bases after the Gulf War one, participating in welcome-home festivities for the troops coming back from that conflict. Perhaps I should remind you of the story, Senator Reid, back in the summer of 2003. I went home one day and there was a Federal Express package for me. I didn't recognize the sender, but I opened it anyway. Inside, in a Ziploc bag, was an American flag. There was a letter written by hand on a piece of yellow legal paper, and there were five certificates showing different aircraft. I read the letter and found out that that flag had been flown in all five of those aircraft during the original invasion of Iraq in 2003, in my honor, by each of the five pilots that piloted those planes. One was a tanker; the others were bombers and attack aircraft. I looked at this, and I started crying. Doing this in my honor? I doubt, Senator Reid, if this happened and it's happened a couple times since, that if I were really held in such low regard by the members of the US forces, this probably wouldn't be the case. </div></div>

A leading senator ... for a little while longer ... shamelessly goes after a private citizen with slanderous lies. (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_100107/content/01125112.guest.html)

LWW

LWW
07-14-2010, 10:20 AM
RUSH DOTH LAYETH THE SMACKETH DOWNETH ON MEDIA MATTERS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm84gOXkZaY&feature=player_embedded)

LWW

pooltchr
07-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Rush scares them more than anyone from the right. He does his research, and speaks the truth.....two things the left seems to hate.

Steve

LWW
07-14-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm waiting for a single one of them to display some testicular/ovarian fortitude and denounce Media Matters.

LWW

pooltchr
07-14-2010, 11:35 AM
When it comes to the daily spoon feeding, MM is just another food bank. Why would they turn against them?

Steve