PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love the old gal!

Deeman3
07-14-2010, 10:38 AM
From Msnbc.com's Vaughn Ververs and Carrie Dann

We’re used to accusations about occasional voting among the dearly departed in certain parts of the country, but active campaigning by the recently deceased is a new one to us.

In this Las Vegas Review-Journal obituary making its way around the blogosphere today, one Nevada voter’s family registered disapproval of the state’s senior senator in a rather unique manner.

The children of the late Charlotte McCourt, 84, used her obituary, published on Tuesday, to say they believe their departed mother would have been “mortified” to have once supported Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

“Let the record show Charlotte was displeased with his work,” her family wrote. “Please, in lieu of flowers, vote for another more worthy candidate.”

McCourt was a 40-year resident of Nevada and active in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – of which Reid is also a member.

The postmortem putdown comes as Reid faces a challenge from Tea Party favorite Sharron Angle in his re-election bid this fall.

pooltchr
07-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Come on, Dee...you know this has been going on for years.

Playing on the sympathy of people by invoking the name of the recently departed was most recently perfected when the Dems were told they needed to pass healthcare, because Teddy had worked so hard on it his entire career.

I think it's kinda funny that the same tactic is being used against Harry! It's tough to attack a dead woman. It's gotta put Harry pretty much between that rock and that hard place.

Steve

Deeman3
07-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Heck, the Dems have allowed the dead to vote for years, they might as well let them speak as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
07-14-2010, 12:33 PM
LOL, I love it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
07-14-2010, 12:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heck, the Dems have allowed the dead to vote for years, they might as well let them speak as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I have no doubt that ACORN did an extraordinary job of canvassing the Chicago cemeteries in their efforts to recruit more dem voters back when Obama was a "community organizer".

Steve

cushioncrawler
07-14-2010, 09:06 PM
A dead GOP voter iz a good voter.
Anyhow, both the dems and reps hav the support of Jeezarse, who died but livs.
madMac.

Gayle in MD
07-15-2010, 06:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heck, the Dems have allowed the dead to vote for years, they might as well let them speak as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

The Repub's Operative was convicted and went to jail. Then got out and wrote a book titled, "How To Throw An Election"

Katherie Harris purged hundreds of thousand from the voting rolls.

Baker sent Republican operatives to Ft Lauderdale to storm the election Officials offices while they were trying to couunt votes. they were spotted in the news tapes, and identified as republican party aides.

Republicans jammed the phones at the Democratic Headquarters in Ohio.

Republicans used law enforcement to intimidate African American voters, In the 2000 election, In FloriDUH.

Republicans arranged for false voting information, sending African American voters to the worong voting locations in FloriDUH.

The Supreme Court added to their decision to APPOINT Bush president, a finding that their decision was not to be used as formal precedent for dealing with election issues in the future. IOW, RW ACTIVIST JUDGES APPOINT A PRESIDENT, THROW OUT THE RIGHTS OF THE FLORIDA SUPREME COURT, THEN FOLLOW THAT UP BY ADMITTING THAT IT WAS SO UNCONSTITUTIONAL, THAT WHAT THEY DID SHOULD NOT BE DONE AGAIN IN THE FUTURE!

When it comes to election fraud, your party has long had the corner on it.

WAKE UP
G.

Deeman3
07-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Gayle, Gayle, Gayle...now even you have to admit that the Dems have cornered the market on the dead voting. Don't be defensive, be proud!

We may outshine you guys in election strategy but the dead voting in mass numbers? Take a bow and be done with it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
07-15-2010, 08:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A dead GOP voter iz a good voter.

madMac. </div></div>

Now that's hilarious! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
07-15-2010, 08:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, Gayle, Gayle...now even you have to admit that the Dems have cornered the market on the dead voting. Don't be defensive, be proud!

We may outshine you guys in election strategy but the dead voting in mass numbers? Take a bow and be done with it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I can't prove that, but I do think it's better to vote as a dead person, than to vote FOR a dead person. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
07-15-2010, 08:43 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

hondo
07-15-2010, 08:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, Gayle, Gayle...now even you have to admit that the Dems have cornered the market on the dead voting. Don't be defensive, be proud!

We may outshine you guys in election strategy but the dead voting in mass numbers? Take a bow and be done with it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I can't prove that, but I do think it's better to vote as a dead person, than to vote FOR a dead person. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Not necessarily. I will continue to vote for Byrd.

Gayle in MD
07-15-2010, 09:13 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Deeman3
07-15-2010, 09:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, Gayle, Gayle...now even you have to admit that the Dems have cornered the market on the dead voting. Don't be defensive, be proud!

<span style="color: #FF0000">I can't prove that, but I do think it's better to vote as a dead person, than to vote FOR a dead person. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Not necessarily. I will continue to vote for Byrd. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I somehow got the feeling you would! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

eg8r
07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
When your rant is over can you tell us what it has to do with the Dems counting votes from people rotting in the ground? Or did you fail to comprehend the subject?

eg8r &lt;~~guessing gaylio just wants to change the subject