PDA

View Full Version : An American Afghanistan?

LWW
07-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Only one of the fifty states can lay claim to all of the following:

- It is legal to beat your wife so long as it is done in public on Sunday, on the courthouse steps.

- It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.

- Doctors and dentists may not place a woman under anesthesia unless a third person is present.

- Any person who commits adultery shall be fined at least twenty dollars.

- Unmarried couples who live together and “lewdly associate” with one another may face up to a year in prison.

- Roadkill may be taken home for supper.

- For each act of public swearing a person shall be fined one dollar.

And I may be jailed if I ever visit there because:

- A person may be placed in jail for up to six months for making fun of someone who does not accept a challege.

Now, before any resident of this state ... which happens to be full of mountains riddled with caves like Afghanistan and also populated in large part by bearded fundamentalists ... I am not saying that every resident of the state supports such regressivism.

>>>OH DEAR<<< (http://www.stupidlaws.com/laws/united-states/west_virginia/)

LWW

hondo
07-15-2010, 08:23 AM
It is illegal to get a fish drunk in Dayton.
Just one of the many reasons Larry can't get a date.

hondo
07-15-2010, 08:34 AM
- It is legal to beat your wife so long as it is done in public on Sunday, on the courthouse steps.

We have tough spousal abuse laws in West Virginia.
I bet your misses wishes she lived in WV.

- It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.

Just good common sense there.

- Doctors and dentists may not place a woman under anesthesia unless a third person is present.

Again, good common sense.

- Any person who commits adultery shall be fined at least twenty dollars.

Each time!?!?!?

- Unmarried couples who live together and “lewdly associate” with one another may face up to a year in prison.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

- Roadkill may be taken home for supper.

Yep. A fairly recent law. And a good one.

- For each act of public swearing a person shall be fined one dollar.

Sh*t! Fu*K!

And I may be jailed if I ever visit there because:

- A person may be placed in jail for up to six months for making fun of someone who does not accept a challege.

It should be the other way around. Report to the Regional on Monday.
I know some guys who are anxious to meet you anyway. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

eg8r
07-15-2010, 01:20 PM
So what you are saying is that there is one state left that recognizes cleaning up these dumb laws is not worth the taxpayers money and they choose not to enforce them?

eg8r

hondo
07-15-2010, 02:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what you are saying is that there is one state left that recognizes cleaning up these dumb laws is not worth the taxpayers money and they choose not to enforce them?

eg8r </div></div>

Now that was funny. Thanks, Eg, for a great post.

LWW
07-15-2010, 02:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what you are saying is that there is one state left that recognizes cleaning up these dumb laws is not worth the taxpayers money and they choose not to enforce them?

eg8r </div></div>

I'm saying that the law is the law and any state which doesn't see fit to clean up such nonsense deserves to be called out over it.

LWW

eg8r
07-15-2010, 03:02 PM
I would be quite upset if my state was wasting my taxpayer money on such frivolous laws. I guess we already wasted the money since WV is the last one, per your post.

eg8r

LWW
07-15-2010, 03:11 PM
What does it take other than a vote by state employees who are salaried?

LWW

hondo
07-15-2010, 03:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what you are saying is that there is one state left that recognizes cleaning up these dumb laws is not worth the taxpayers money and they choose not to enforce them?

eg8r </div></div>

I'm saying that the law is the law and any state which doesn't see fit to clean up such nonsense deserves to be called out over it.

LWW </div></div>

Just another public service brought to you by your friendly neighborhood troll.
The fact that most states have such antiquated laws?
Not you point, was it, Larry? Details, details.

LWW
07-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Most do ... but I don't know of any which allow one to beat one's wife on the courthouse step or that allows sex with small animals.

If you know of any, I will denounce them also.

LWW

hondo
07-15-2010, 09:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most do ... but I don't know of any which allow one to beat one's wife on the courthouse step or that allows sex with small animals.

If you know of any, I will denounce them also.

LWW </div></div>

I'll try one last time but your hate for me is so intense that you refuse to listen.
WV has some of the toughest spousal abuse laws in the country.
Even if the wife doesn't press charges, the State will pick up the charges.
Stop being a dick and act like a decent human being, Larry.

LWW
07-16-2010, 04:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.

Just good common sense there.</div></div>

I think that one deserves to live forever.

LWW

hondo
07-16-2010, 04:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.

Just good common sense there.</div></div>

I think that one deserves to live forever.

LWW </div></div>

Yep. That's a keeper.
We don't want to lose that law. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif