PDA

View Full Version : I guess it IS a sport!

08-26-2002, 02:00 PM
Not too shabby:

http://espn.go.com/page2/movies/s/top20/fulllist.html

- Steve

Scott Lee
08-26-2002, 02:07 PM
Steve...WOW! 9th out of the top 20 is pretty strong! LOL
Of course, you and I know that pool is BOTH a sport AND a game!...maybe the toughest one of either!

Scott Lee

08-26-2002, 02:10 PM
This list was obviouslyl put together by complete meat-heads. While I completely agree that the Hustler is one of the best movies of all time, Rocky can CLEARLY give Bull Durham the 5 & out. Oh.. and Caddyshack at #8? Im sorry, try number 3 right behing Rocky and Raging Bull

Who did this list? I wanna talk to the manager. Clearly crap. Probably the same people that organized the last WPBA event.

Im not outraged, everything is just funnier that way.

Jason

08-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Actually, the only problem with the list is that The Natural was not number one, since that is the best movie of all time.

(OK, OK, maybe it's not the best movie of all time, but I get that tingly feeling whenever I watch it...)

- Steve

Harold Acosta
08-26-2002, 04:42 PM
"Eight Men Out" and "White Men Can't Jump" should have been in the top 5! $&#$#*%^&@! (Caramba!)

Harold ~ would rate CaddyShack in the bottom 100!

Barbara
08-26-2002, 04:57 PM
Everytime Caddyshack is on, I have to watch it - but only if it's on a channel that doesn't cut out the language and parts not for younger viewers.

I love that movie, I thought the whole cast was hilarious!

Why, in September's BD (which I just got) Kyle Chiner's article - Media Review - "A Higher Plane" - he goes and quotes Chevy Chase's character, Ty Webb - "There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. All you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball."

Barbara

Harold Acosta
08-26-2002, 05:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Everytime Caddyshack is on, I have to watch it - but only if it's on a channel that doesn't cut out the language and parts not for younger viewers.

Why, in September's BD (which I just got) Kyle Chiner's article - Media Review - "A Higher Plane" - he goes and quotes Chevy Chase's character, Ty Webb - "There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. All you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball."

Barbara <hr></blockquote>

I don't know what it is but I just don't like the movie!....and it's not the language barrier since my first language is English!

08-26-2002, 06:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Barbara:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Everytime Caddyshack is on, I have to watch it - but only if it's on a channel that doesn't cut out the language and parts not for younger viewers.

Barbara &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

I don't know what it is but I just don't like the movie!....and it's not the language barrier since my first language is English! <hr></blockquote>

Perhaps it's because you lack a sense of humor?

08-26-2002, 08:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Perhaps it's because you lack a sense of humor? <hr></blockquote>

Oh! I get it! Are you trying to "humor" me?