PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any info on Nadine Mazzola?

08-26-2002, 02:10 PM
She was playing at the pro level for a bit, but I cannot find anything in the last two years on her...it's like she's vanished?

Did she move....still playing.....? Thanks in advance.

Nostroke
08-26-2002, 02:16 PM
Pretty sure she still runs the tournaments with her husband in VF each March. But u r right, havent seen her play anywhere in a while and she was always competitive

08-26-2002, 02:27 PM
Nadine dropped off the tour a 2-3 ago, about the same time Nikki Benish did as well. She can be seen at Valley Forge every year helping run the Amateur tourneys, and also occasionally attends WPBA events as a photographer. I believe she still lives in the Boston area where she either works in or manages a poolroom.

Nadine was one of many very good tour players that just couldn't quite crack the top 10, and I guess financially just couldn't afford continuing to work hard on her game and play on the tour full time - particularly since she saw no financial future or security as a tour player at her level. Very wise decision IMO - Chris in NC

08-26-2002, 02:29 PM
I think you have another female player in mind.....Dawn Hopkins. It is she and her husband who run the VF tournament.

However, Nadine and her husband were usually attendees of VF, so there is a connection there.

Last I knew, Nadine was playing on the WPBA classic tours, but I cannot find anything more recent than 2000. I wondered if perhaps she moved and/or why I can't find any results for her lately.

Fred Agnir
08-26-2002, 02:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: aldewey:</font><hr> I think you have another female player in mind.....Dawn Hopkins. It is she and her husband who run the VF tournament.
<hr></blockquote>
The amateur tournaments at VF are/were run by Gerry and Nadine Mazzola and Barbara (our very own).

Fred

Barbara
08-26-2002, 03:30 PM
Thanks for mention Fred!

Yes, Chris in NC is correct, Nadine didn't see a financial future in pool and dropped out of the WPBA. She's still quite the player, though.

I see Nadine and Jerry once a year at Valley Forge where we run the amateur tournaments along with help from Tracy Magaro who took the place for Colleen Shoop, who was unable to attend last year.

Barbara

NH_Steve
08-26-2002, 07:00 PM
Last I knew Nadine (formerly Borofsky? -- but I've probably butchered the spelling) and Jerry both were working regularly at Breakers, in Woburn, MA. I haven't been in there much lately to say if she is still playing, but my impression is that she hasn't been that much. She had also been doing alot of instruction.

Besides her pool skills, she also has a very nice touch with photography -- I hope she hasn't given that up, too!

08-26-2002, 07:41 PM
The last time I spoke to Nadine she said she quit pool because she lost interest and had other things to do with her life. IMO she was burnt out from the drag of constant practice. There is also a very high "dirt bag" contingent that hangs on to pool. Nadine is a wonderful person and I know that this element troubled her. Would she have continued to play if she could have done better financially? Probably. But, as we all know, the WPBA is set up to protect a small group of players and is very difficult to crack.
Bob Campbell
www.doitforthegame.com (http://www.doitforthegame.com)

Barbara
08-26-2002, 08:23 PM
Thank God she still does photography!! She is excellently skilled in that area. Heck! I'd even let her take pix of me, the photo-phobe I am. Nadine has such a talent with the lens, I may actually come out looking good.

Barbara~~~not a photographical face, just a memorable one...

Nostroke
08-26-2002, 10:18 PM
Funny i would have butchered her name the same exact way- so it might be close. I think she made "New England Player of the Year" once or twice when she had that name.

Doctor_D
08-27-2002, 05:51 AM
Good morning:

Another WPBA Touring Pro who I have not seen since Valley Forge in 2001 is Diana Minor. Other then Nadine and Diana, how many other WPBA Touring Pros have given up on the Tour due to economic reasons???

Dr. D.

SpiderMan
08-27-2002, 09:08 AM
Barbara,

You also look good in the pictures I took. Maybe it's just you?

SpiderMan

Lester
08-27-2002, 09:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SpiderMan:</font><hr> Barbara,

You also look good in the pictures I took. Maybe it's just you?

SpiderMan <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;SpiderMan, you might be "on to something" there. She looks fine in person. JMHO ***Lester***

Doctor_D
08-27-2002, 09:15 AM
Good morning:

Yes, Barbara is one fine looking woman. Major Babe, should you as me.

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

Lester
08-27-2002, 11:06 AM
Hey, you're not to "hard on the eyes" either Dr. D.
***Lester***

Doctor_D
08-27-2002, 11:08 AM
Good afternoon:

Why Thank-you Sir ...

/ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif

Dr. D.

Vagabond
08-27-2002, 07:10 PM
Howdy Dr.D,
If I happen to travel thru columbus,Indiana I will tell her that you were enquiring about her.Cheers
Vagabond

Doctor_D
08-27-2002, 07:48 PM
Good evening:

That would be great. I had the pleasure of meeting her in Valley Forge in 2001, what a sweet lady, and then I never saw her again.

Dr. D.