PDA

View Full Version : Things the party doesn't want you to know XII.

LWW
07-19-2010, 02:56 PM
A recent history of average US unemployment rates.

William Jefferson Clinton's 96 month average = 5.2%.

George Walker Bush's 96 month average = 5.3%.

Barack Hussein Obama's 17 month average = 9.4%.

My source? THE REGIME (http://www.miseryindex.us/URbymonth.asp).

LWW

pooltchr
07-19-2010, 04:01 PM
This whole economy thing may have backfired on Obama. With people continuing to lose unemployment benefits, but not finding jobs, there is a large chunk of potential voters who are not thrilled with the administration. Obama pleaded with the senate today to get the dependency program back on track!

Steve

LWW
07-20-2010, 02:42 AM
The silence from the far left, when confronted with reality, is deafening.

LWW

Deeman3
07-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Even in a more immediate sense, the taxes that will be added by Health care and the expiration of the Bush tax breaks are going to have a large short term impact on spending and, therefore, any real recovery.

The Dems are calling this a tax break for the wealthy while most sensible people know the core of this is the small business, representing 2/3's of small business in the larger tax category. This will be "made up" in higher prices, less employees and other areas that only further damage our recovery. Replacing this business with more government jobs is not the answer.

Obama, fro all his talk of not raising taxes on people making less than $250k is doing something much worse in raising the out of pocket health care costs of everyone. It just impacts the person making hourly wages much harder as a percentage of their income. No matter the constant spin being applied by MSNBC and NBC, even the uneducated are starting to wake up to the sham.

Even a poor voter can look at his or her check each week and see the results and that is never good for a President who promised all that change for the better.

I don't blame Obama for the stuff he inherited. However, his actions in reacting to the financial disaster has been to use it as an opportunity to push his agenda for more spending and waste and he has set the blt of it squarely on the backs of the American taxpayer. Remember all those cuts he was going to ferret out to pay for any increased spending? Now, while he insisted the last set of unemployment extensions be "paid for" he now attacks the coonservatives who ask him to do so out of the remaining traps funds (only 455 billion of 900 billion spent so far) and is using it as a cheap political trick to win some additional votes.

Yes, the American voter is stupid but perhaaps not that stupid.

LWW
07-20-2010, 08:46 AM
In an effort to help folks further understand, I went a little more in depth into the figures:

60 months of Clinton with a R house budget/policies = 4.789% average UE rate.

84 months of Bush II with a R house budget/policies = 5.197% average UE rate.

12 months of Bush II with a D house budget/policies = 5.760% average UE rate.

36 months of Clinton with a D house budget/policies = 6.200% average UE rate.

48 months of Bush I with a D house budget/policies = 6.800% average UE rate.

17 months of Obama with a D house budget/policies = 9.412% average UE rate.

144 months of either party in the White House with a R house budget/policies = 5.027% average UE rate.

113 months of either party in the White House with a D house budget/policies = 6.280% average UE rate.

My source? >>>THE REGIME<<< (http://www.miseryindex.us/URbyyear.asp?StartYear=1989&EndYear=1992)

LWW

LWW
07-20-2010, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't blame Obama for the stuff he inherited.</div></div>

I do, because he and his party voted for the debacle ... and tried to make it even worse.

Loose lending ... Obama and Acorn was there.

Protecting Fannie/Freddie from the regulators ... Obama and the demokooks were there.

TARP bailout ... Obama and the dems were there.

Stimulus debacle ... Obama and the dems did it. Ditto with Obamacare.

I also blame Bush for signing off on TARP when he was POTUS&gt;

I blame Bush and the R's for not following through with spending cuts to go with the tax cuts.

The point of this thread isn't to make Bush and/or the R's look good because I consider the UE rate under Clinton and the R's to be unacceptably high as well as a cooked number which understated UE by about an extra half again as much.

The point of this is to attempt to add some semblance of balance to the endless B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH!!!! chorus.

LWW

pooltchr
07-20-2010, 09:14 AM
The numbers are no doubt cooked. I heard a short news story on the radio this morning. Seems the state of South Carolina reported that their unemployment rate dropped a half a percentage point last month, at the same time, they announced the net loss of jobs in the state during the same period.

Now, I went to public school, so my math may not be the best, but if you lose jobs, and unemployment drops at the same time, either people are leaving the state (not according to census figures) or they aren't counting all the people who don't have a job.

Steve

Qtec
07-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Did Clinton have a surplus?

Q

pooltchr
07-20-2010, 11:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q </div></div>

If he had a surplus, why would he find it necessary to borrow and increase our debt?

Steve

LWW
07-20-2010, 12:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q </div></div>

No ... but, you already knew that.

Now ... if you insist upon repeating the myth, explain why the cumulative national debt rose all 8 eight years of the Clinton regime?

Answer ... they took money from the pension fund and mixed it with general revenue.

That's akin to a credit junkie taking a loan against their 401K to pay the electric bill and bragging they have a surplus because they borrowed enough to buy a new stereo while they were at it.

LWW