PDA

View Full Version : Spoon fed parrots on display.

LWW
07-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Some of the various PRAVDA, US bureaus, talking heads speaking over the last week:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Harris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems so long ago that the economy was literally on the <span style='font-size: 11pt'><u>brink</u></span>.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He brought the economy back from the <span style='font-size: 11pt'><u>brink</u></span>.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keilar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two years ago the U.S. economy being on the <span style='font-size: 11pt'><u>brink</u></span> of collapse.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Harwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">helped pull the economy back from the <span style='font-size: 11pt'><u>brink</u></span>.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Menedez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He has managed to get a lot done, saving the economy from the <span style='font-size: 11pt'><u>brink</u></span>.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lothian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As the President has pointed out it's been brought back from the <span style='font-size: 11pt'><u>brink</u></span>.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carlson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama having to regulate the banks, after the banks put all of us on the <span style='font-size: 11pt'><u>brink</u></span> of a economic collapse.</div></div>
Orwell called it. (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_071910/content/01125107.guest.html)

LWW

pooltchr
07-20-2010, 06:17 AM
They just take what the government gives them, and spread it around without giving it any thought at all.

Pretty sad.

But then, I hear some people who repeat the same government supplied phrases over and over right here.

Steve

LWW
07-20-2010, 06:34 AM
You should get on the DNC e-mail list ... you get the far left's daily talking points at the same time they do.

LWW

pooltchr
07-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks, but I already get enough junk e-mails!

Steve

Qtec
07-20-2010, 10:39 AM
What word would you like them to use. Can you substitute another word for brink that gives the same meaning?

Q............the GOP is the party of sound bites and talking points.

'Obamacare'.
'Govt takeover.'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"If you call it a public option, the American people are split. If you call it the<u> government option</u>, the public is overwhelmingly against it."

-- Frank Luntz to Sean Hannity </div></div>

link (http://blog.buzzflash.com/honors/212)

pooltchr
07-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Off the top of my head, edge, near, close, possible, potential, any of them could be used to convey the same meaning. The fact that they all just happened to use the exact same word doesn't cause you to question their intentions, even a little bit?

If this was the first time we had seen this, it might possible be a coincidence, but it's not. The media has a way of picking up on specific words or phrases and repeating them across the board. They do it on a fairly regular basis.

Polly always wants a cracker. She rarely says "hey, how about some food?" or "I'm getting hungry over here!".

Steve

LWW
07-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Well ... I doubt that you would agree that telling the truth would have been a better option.

Sans that :

border, boundary, brim, edge, fringe, frontier, limit, lip, margin, perimeter, periphery, point, rim, skirt, threshold, verge and probably more.

LWW

hondo
07-21-2010, 05:40 AM
LWW and Pooltchr in unison:

Overture , dim the lights.
This is it, the night of nights.
No more rehearsing and nursing our parts,
We know every part by heart.
This is the El Dub Show!

TH TH THAT'S ALL, FOLKS.

pooltchr
07-21-2010, 06:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWW and Pooltchr in unison:

Overture , dim the lights.
This is it, the night of nights.
No more rehearsing and nursing our parts,
We know every part by heart.
This is the El Dub Show!

TH TH THAT'S ALL, FOLKS. </div></div>

Now that we got the mandatory insult post out of the way, did you have anything intelligent you wanted to add to the discussion?

Steve

LWW
07-21-2010, 07:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Now that we got the mandatory insult post out of the way, did you have anything intelligent you wanted to add to the discussion?

Steve </div></div>

Now <u>THAT</u> was funny.

Have you noticed that the cabal has shifted their foci of hate back to me as the designated enemy of the day?

It would be nice if just once they would attempt a fact based debate of an issue and stay away from their delusions of persecution.

LWW

pooltchr
07-21-2010, 09:37 AM
As lomg as they have a target to hate, they are content. It doesn't really matter to them who it is.

Steve

LWW
07-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Those were true words of wisdom my friend.

LWW