PDA

View Full Version : The dark soul of the leftist media exposed.

LWW
07-20-2010, 10:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><u><span style='font-size: 26pt'>Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright</span></u>
By Jonathan Strong - The Daily Caller 1:15 AM 07/20/2010

It was the moment of greatest peril for then-Sen. Barack Obama’s political career. In the heat of the presidential campaign, videos surfaced of Obama’s pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, angrily denouncing whites, the U.S. government and America itself. Obama had once bragged of his closeness to Wright. Now the black nationalist preacher’s rhetoric was threatening to torpedo Obama’s campaign.

The crisis reached a howling pitch in mid-April, 2008, at an ABC News debate moderated by Charlie Gibson and George Stephanopoulos. Gibson asked Obama why it had taken him so long – nearly a year since Wright’s remarks became public – to dissociate himself from them. Stephanopoulos asked, “Do you think Reverend Wright loves America as much as you do?”

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Watching this all at home were members of Journolist, a listserv comprised of several hundred liberal journalists, as well as like-minded professors and activists. The tough questioning from the ABC anchors left many of them outraged. “George [Stephanopoulos],” fumed Richard Kim of the Nation, is “being a disgusting little rat snake.”</span>

Others went further. According to records obtained by The Daily Caller, at several points during the 2008 presidential campaign a group of liberal journalists took radical steps to protect their favored candidate. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Employees of news organizations including Time, Politico, the Huffington Post, the Baltimore Sun, the Guardian, Salon and the New Republic participated in outpourings of anger over how Obama had been treated in the media, and in some cases plotted to fix the damage.</span>

In one instance, Spencer Ackerman of the Washington Independent urged his colleagues to deflect attention from Obama’s relationship with Wright by changing the subject. Pick one of Obama’s conservative critics, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Ackerman wrote, “Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.”</span>

Michael Tomasky, a writer for the Guardian, also tried to rally his fellow members of Journolist: <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“Listen folks–in my opinion, we all have to do what we can to kill ABC and this idiocy in whatever venues we have. This isn’t about defending Obama. This is about how the [mainstream media] kills any chance of discourse that actually serves the people.”</span> ...

Thomas Schaller, a columnist for the Baltimore Sun as well as a political science professor, upped the ante from there. In a post with the subject header, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“why don’t we use the power of this list to do something about the debate?” Schaller proposed coordinating a “smart statement expressing disgust” at the questions Gibson and Stephanopoulos had posed to Obama.</span> ...

The letter caused a brief splash and won the attention of the New York Times. But only a week later, Obama – and the journalists who were helping him – were on the defensive once again.

Jeremiah Wright was back in the news after making a series of media appearances. At the National Press Club, Wright claimed Obama had only repudiated his beliefs for “political reasons.” Wright also reiterated his charge that the U.S. federal government had created AIDS as a means of committing genocide against African Americans.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>It was another crisis, and members of Journolist again rose to help Obama.</span> ...

Hayes urged his colleagues – especially the straight news reporters who were charged with covering the campaign in a neutral way – to bury the Wright scandal. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“I’m not saying we should all rush en masse to defend Wright. If you don’t think he’s worthy of defense, don’t defend him! What I’m saying is that there is no earthly reason to use our various platforms to discuss what about Wright we find objectionable,” Hayes said.</span> ...

I do not endorse a Popular Front, nor do I think you need to. It’s not necessary to jump to Wright-qua-Wright’s defense. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>What is necessary is to raise the cost on the right of going after the left. In other words, find a rightwinger’s [sic] and smash it through a plate-glass window.</span> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Take a snapshot of the bleeding mess and send it out in a Christmas card to let the right know that it needs to live in a state of constant fear.</span> Obviously I mean this rhetorically.

And I think this threads the needle. If the right forces us all to either defend Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they’ve put upon us. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Instead, take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists. Ask: why do they have such a deep-seated problem with a black politician who unites the country? What lurks behind those problems?</span> This makes *them* sputter with rage, which in turn leads to overreaction and self-destruction. ...

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/20/docume.../#ixzz0uEvmR3bu (http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/20/documents-show-media-plotting-to-kill-stories-about-rev-jeremiah-wright/print/#ixzz0uEvmR3bu) </div></div>

Alinskyism out of control.

LWW

pooltchr
07-20-2010, 10:32 AM
This has been building for quite some time. The MSM is no longer interested in reporting news, but are more interested in playing an active roll in shaping political events and public opinion.

As they say....power corrupts!

Steve

Qtec
07-20-2010, 10:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama had once bragged of his closeness to Wright. </div></div>

Got a link to an actual quote? Also, being close to someone doesn't mean you believe EVERYTHING they do. Any NORMAL person knows that.

Also, you missed the whole point.

From YOUR post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Michael Tomasky, a writer for the Guardian,<span style="color: #990000"> A UK paper!</span> also tried to rally his fellow members of Journolist:

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>“Listen folks–in my opinion, we all have to do what we can to kill ABC and <span style='font-size: 26pt'>this idiocy</span> in whatever venues we have. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>This isn’t about defending Obama.</span> <u>This is about how the [mainstream media] kills any chance of discourse that actually serves the people.”</u> </span>... </div></div>

Q

pooltchr
07-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Please tell me you don't actually buy into that.

Steve

LWW
07-20-2010, 12:19 PM
He buys into whatever he's told he buys into.

LWW

Stretch
07-20-2010, 02:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He buys into whatever he's told he buys into.

LWW </div></div>

OR, with enough Coke and Crystal Meth he may be able to fathom your version of the world or at least catch up to your frenetic blitzkrieg of BS. The crickets you heard back there was a collective "who cares anymore". Last word to you....crickets to follow. St.

LWW
07-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Are you denying the article?

Perhaps you would like to do an in depth point by point, fact based rebuttal?

Or. perhaps you would like to hope it just goes away, allowing you to ignore it as inconvenient truths?

I know which side I'm betting on.

LWW