PDA

View Full Version : Stroke Builder

TommyT
08-26-2002, 08:37 PM
Here is something that really works. Get down and do as mant pushups as you can. While your arms are fatigued find the lightest stick you can and shoot staight in shots. When your arms have recovered you will find that your stoke has improved and become more powerful. It sounds wierd but don't knock it till you've tried it.

TommyT

SPetty
08-27-2002, 09:07 AM
Hi TommyT,

Does this help in the long run, or is it just a short-term phenomenon? Should I do this before a tournament or before every game?

Q-guy
08-27-2002, 09:21 AM
We had a guy in the poolroom years ago that was a very average player. He broke the wrist on his stroking arm. Even with the cast on he was coming to the room and playing as best he could. When the cast was removed in a very short time his game went through the roof. What ever stroke modification or changes took place during him having the cast on, worked. He became a real player. It all stemmed from the broken wrist. You never know what may work.

Rod
08-28-2002, 03:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TommyT:</font><hr> Here is something that really works. Get down and do as mant pushups as you can. While your arms are fatigued find the lightest stick you can and shoot staight in shots. When your arms have recovered you will find that your stoke has improved and become more powerful. It sounds wierd but don't knock it till you've tried it.

TommyT <hr></blockquote>

Tommy, your right I did that and dam near had a stroke!!

I know what you mean it does take tension out of your arms.
I sometimes use upper body stretching, may be more related to golf and that gets out the kinks. If it works, go for it.