PDA

View Full Version : Did the USDA discriminate?

Qtec
07-22-2010, 03:00 AM
You betcha!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(Reuters) - <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Thousands of black farmers who were discriminated against by the U.S. Agriculture Department will be eligible to receive $1.25 billion in a settlement, the government said on Thursday.</span>

The settlement of the case, known as Pigford II, is contingent on Congress approving $1.15 billion for the farmers, in addition to $100 million already provided in the Farm Bill.

For decades, black farmers said they were unjustly being denied farm loans or subjected to longer waits for loan approval because of racism, and accused the USDA of not responding to their complaints.

The original Pigford lawsuit, named after North Carolina farmer Timothy Pigford, was filed against the USDA in 1997, and settled two years later when the government compensated black farmers left out of USDA loan and assistance programs.

More than 13,000 farmers able to provide proof of their claims of discrimination were awarded $50,000 each and given debt relief in a package worth more than $1 billion. </div></div> link (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61H5XD20100218)

Shirley Sherrod,s old employer writes a letter on her behalf.
They make this excellent point..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>We find it ironic that <span style='font-size: 17pt'>in the one hundred years of USDA’s history of discrimination,<u> not a single white person has been dismissed for discrimination,</u></span> however, <u>a Black women who is doing her job well is falsely accused of discrimination in an altered video and you decide that she can no longer do a credible and nondiscriminatory job</u> of dispensing USDA rural development programs and must resign. </span></div></div>
link (http://www.federationsoutherncoop.com/press/pr2010/july2110.htm)
Where was Fox when these 13,000 plus blacks lost their farms because of racism in the USDA?

Q

LWW
07-22-2010, 04:33 AM
Who was in charge of the regime in 1997?

Can anyone remember?

LWW

Qtec
07-22-2010, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who was in charge of the regime in 1997?

Can anyone remember?

LWW </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>YEAH, I CAN.</span>

Correct me if I am wrong but <span style='font-size: 20pt'>did not the GOP have a majority in both houses at that time?</span>

104th Congress (1995-1997)

Majority Party: Republican (52 seats)

Minority Party: Democrat (48 seats)

Other Parties: 0

Total Seats: 100

105th Congress (1997-1999)

Majority Party: Republican (55 seats)

Minority Party: Democrat (45 seats)

Congress.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wednesday, November 8,<span style='font-size: 17pt'> 2006;</span> 2:26 AM

The Democratic victory in the House marked a fundamental power shift in Washington, where Republicans have held the chamber for the past <u>dozen years.</u></div></div>

2006 - 12 = 1994.

GOP ruled both houses with a Rep Pres for 6 years.

Blame the Dems.

Q

LWW
07-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks for not answering the question.

Now, let me try you from a different angle ... who nominates cabinet level officials?

Is the secretary of the US Department of Agriculture a cabinet level position?

Who sets policy for the USDA?

Who was the head of the regime at the time?

You can do this.

LWW

Qtec
07-22-2010, 07:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, let me try you from a different angle ... who nominates cabinet level officials? </div></div>

As usual , you show you are not capable of answering the Q so you try and shift the goal posts by going off topic.

Q....try again

eg8r
07-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Great point qtip, why not ask the President of the US what he thinks?

eg8r

Qtec
07-23-2010, 03:39 AM
about what? Try and be specific when you ask a Q.

Q

eg8r
07-23-2010, 07:06 AM
Why are you too dumb to remember the subject?

eg8r

Qtec
07-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Your problem is that you don't know how to post properly.

Right back at you, 'What do you think' ?

Q

pooltchr
07-25-2010, 10:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who was in charge of the regime in 1997?

Can anyone remember?

LWW </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>YEAH, I CAN.</span>

Correct me if I am wrong but <span style='font-size: 20pt'>did not the GOP have a majority in both houses at that time?</span>

104th Congress (1995-1997)

Majority Party: Republican (52 seats)

Minority Party: Democrat (48 seats)

Other Parties: 0

Total Seats: 100

105th Congress (1997-1999)

Majority Party: Republican (55 seats)

Minority Party: Democrat (45 seats)

Congress.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wednesday, November 8,<span style='font-size: 17pt'> 2006;</span> 2:26 AM

The Democratic victory in the House marked a fundamental power shift in Washington, where Republicans have held the chamber for the past <u>dozen years.</u></div></div>

2006 - 12 = 1994.

GOP ruled both houses with a Rep Pres for 6 years.

Blame the Dems.

Q </div></div>

How convenient that you can blame congress for this one, when the Ag department is run from a cabinet level position, appointed by a president....but you somehow fail to recognize that it was the Dem congress spending spree since 2006 when you lay the blame on the president, who can NOT spend money. All spending comes from the house.

You might have a little more credibility if you understood who is responsible for what in this government.

Steve

LWW
07-26-2010, 04:09 AM
He also ignores that his own comment of 2006-12=1994 puts the USDA being ran by a secretary nominated by a demokook POTUS and approved by a demokook congress.

Q hath been hoist by his own petard yet again.

LWW

eg8r
07-26-2010, 09:03 AM
I post just fine. Actually it is quite easy which is why people like you are able to participate. Basically all you do is type what you want and click submit.

Now, are you still have a memory issue?

eg8r