PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party being hijacked!

pooltchr
07-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Let me start by saying this is my opinion, so don't ask for links.

The Tea Party movement started out with the greatest of intentions. It was a grass roots response to the outrageous spending and growth of big government. It was not a "party" in the sense of the R's or the D's...it was like-minded individual people speaking their mind. It was a good thing.

Slowly, it has been hijacked by politicians, mostly Republicans, but some Democrats as well, who are using it as a campaign slogan. They are saying "I hear you, I sympathise with you, and I am one of you". There is talk about establishing a "Tea Party Caucus" in congress. Why is this happening at this time? Could it be that we are heading into an election season, and politicians are positioning themselves for their best chance of being elected? What will happen after the elections? Will these same politicians actually work to cut spending, or reduce the size of government? My guess is, it ain't likely!

Our best hope seems to be get rid of the incumbents, and hope that some fresh blood will have the intestinal fortitude to actually go to Washington and cut it down to size. Actually, to do what the majority of Americans want done. We have to kill the entitlement mentality before it kills us.

Rant over.

Steve

LWW
07-23-2010, 07:56 AM
I don't disagree with that.

There are some in congress who have been sympathetic to the TP from the beginning.

I imagine a few have actually seen the light and converted.

I imagine some more can feel the heat and will move towards the TP agenda as long as it polls strongly ... sadly that is the nature of most career pols.

And, lastly, I have no doubt that many will pay the TP lip service under the assumption that enough of the electorate is too stupid to realize they have been betrayed after the polls close.

IMHO the TP is the last stand at the ballot box by patriots. If the election is stolen or if candidates in mass betray the movement after the election things will likely get ugly.

LWW

bobroberts
07-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Don't be to quick to assume. The tea party is individuals who are sick of the same ole same ole.and if a career politician tries to infiltrate and not be on board with the agenda for less govnt and term limits, I believe they to will be shunned.
Rightly so.

Stretch
07-23-2010, 11:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't be to quick to assume. The tea party is individuals who are sick of the same ole same ole.and if a career politician tries to infiltrate and not be on board with the agenda for less govnt and term limits, I believe they to will be shunned.
Rightly so. </div></div>

Just an observation but isn't the TP going to weaken the Republican base by splitting the vote? IE one vote for the TP is one LESS vote for the Republicans? St.

bobroberts
07-23-2010, 11:28 AM
I couldn't care less if republicans get outed as long as they are career politicos.Same for the Dems.
We need something different.A lot of the gop is on board with the TP

Qtec
07-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Here is your different.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Run Sharron Run! - <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Sharron Angle Runs Away From Reporters at Her Own Press Conference</span>

<span style="color: #990000"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>LMAO</span></span>

Sharron Angle is at it again, running away from reporters and still not ready for prime time.

Run, Sharron, run! How is this woman going to survive a debate if she can't handle taking reporters' questions at her own press conference?

GOP Senate candidate Angle avoids press at own event:

U.S. Senate candidate Sharron Angle invited local media to attend a press event in Reno Wednesday morning, but when members of the media tried to ask the candidate questions she didn't answer.

At the event this morning Angle signed a pledge to repeal the estate tax-or "death tax"- if she's elected, made a few brief statements and walked away with several members of the local media in tow.

News 4 Reporter Karen Griffin was one of the reporters trying to ask Angle questions and she actually ignored the questions, looked straight ahead and kept walking.

News 4 arrived at this morning's event early to make sure we could talk with Angle. News 4 listened to the press conference and when it ended, Angle simply walked away. </div></div>

watch it (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/node/38541)

Palin, R. Paul, Angle....the new face of politics? All they do is avoid the press because every time they open their mouths they say something stupid or extreme.

Dumb down..that's the way to go!!!??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Q

eg8r
07-23-2010, 12:07 PM
When did anyone start putting the Tea Party on the ballot?

eg8r

pooltchr
07-23-2010, 12:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just an observation but isn't the TP going to weaken the Republican base by splitting the vote? IE one vote for the TP is one LESS vote for the Republicans? St. </div></div>

It might have an impact on some primaries, but in a general election, it won't have any impact at all.

Steve

LWW
07-23-2010, 01:11 PM
If the tea party runs a slate of candidates, yes it would.

But stretch, there are people who vote for candidates and ideas instead of voting the way the party tells them to vote.

LWW