PDA

View Full Version : More on the PRAVDA US bureau's conspiracy.

LWW
07-24-2010, 11:56 AM
The far left always tells you who they fear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the hours after Sen. John McCain announced his choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate in the last presidential race, members of an online forum called Journolist struggled to make sense of the pick. Many of them were liberal reporters ....

But in many other exchanges, the Journolisters clearly had another, more partisan goal in mind: to formulate the most effective talking points in order to defeat Palin and McCain and help elect Barack Obama president. The tone was more campaign headquarters than newsroom.

The conversation began with a debate over how best to attack Sarah Palin. ...

Daniel Levy of the Century Foundation noted that Obama’s “non-official campaign” would need to work hard to discredit Palin. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“This seems to me like an occasion when the non-official campaign has a big role to play in defining Palin, shaping the terms of the conversation and saying things that the official [Obama] campaign shouldn’t say – very hard-hitting stuff, including some of the things that people have been noting here – scare people about having this woefully inexperienced, no foreign policy/national security/right-wing christia wing-nut a heartbeat away</span> …… bang away at McCain’s age making this unusually significant …. I think people should be replicating some of the not-so-pleasant viral email campaigns that were used against [Obama].” ...

Ed Kilgore, managing editor of the Democratic Strategist blog, argued that journalists and others trying to help the Obama campaign should focus on Palin’s beliefs. ...

Amidst this debate over how most effectively to destroy Palin’s reputation, reporter Avi Zenilman, who was then writing about the campaign for Politico, chimed in to note that Palin had “openly backed” parts of Obama’s energy plan. In an interview Wednesday, Zenilman said he sent the information as a means of promoting a story he had written for Politico.

Chris Hayes of the Nation wrote in with words of encouragement, and to ask for more talking points. “Keep the ideas coming! Have to go on TV to talk about this in a few min and need all the help I can get,” Hayes wrote.

Suzanne Nossel, chief of operations for Human Rights Watch, added a novel take: “I think it is and can be spun as a profoundly sexist pick. Women should feel umbrage at the idea that their votes can be attracted just by putting a woman, any woman, on the ticket no matter her qualifications or views.”

Mother Jones’s Stein loved the idea. “That’s excellent! If enough people – people on this list? – write that the pick is sexist, you’ll have the networks debating it for days. ...

As the morning wore on into the afternoon, some on Journolist came to believe the Palin pick had been shrewd. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Palin was coming off as appealing and a maverick, they worried.</span> ...

That was all on the day of the announcement.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/22/when-m.../#ixzz0ucj0sg7g (http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/22/when-mccain-picked-palin-liberal-journalists-coordinated-the-best-line-of-attack/3/#ixzz0ucj0sg7g)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/22/when-m.../#ixzz0uchXCOj4 (http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/22/when-mccain-picked-palin-liberal-journalists-coordinated-the-best-line-of-attack/2/#ixzz0uchXCOj4)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/22/when-m.../#ixzz0uceyiSAB (http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/22/when-mccain-picked-palin-liberal-journalists-coordinated-the-best-line-of-attack/#ixzz0uceyiSAB) </div></div>

LWW

hondo
07-24-2010, 04:33 PM
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

A plot to make Palin sound stupid???

Maybe you guys could launch a plot to make Steve
sound intelligent or you and lotter to sound human?

STOP! PLEASE! YOU'RE KILLING ME!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
07-24-2010, 04:56 PM
You jump on every opportunity to claim FOX is biased, and then when presented with a huge slap in the face that the left wing media plans how they are going to take down the Republican ticket, you seem to think that is all well and good.

You're hopeless!

Steve

LWW
07-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Lighten up Steve ... he merely confirmed that he preferred the spoon fed party line "TRUTH" over objective truth.

That honestly should come as no surprise to you.

LWW

hondo
07-24-2010, 09:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You jump on every opportunity to claim FOX is biased, and then when presented with a huge slap in the face that the left wing media plans how they are going to take down the Republican ticket, you seem to think that is all well and good.

You're hopeless!

Steve </div></div>

Steve, you're my only friend.
Larry, you're the most smartest guy I know.

hondo
07-24-2010, 09:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lighten up Steve ... he merely confirmed that he preferred the spoon fed party line "TRUTH" over objective truth.

That honestly should come as no surprise to you.

LWW </div></div>

Steve, you're my only friend.
Larry, you're the most smartest guy I know.

Qtec
07-25-2010, 03:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For two straight days and three times in the past month, the Daily Caller published stories based on frank, private emails from the now-defunct listserv Journolist. In each case, the website strongly suggested that the listserv -- an online meeting ground for predominantly progressive reporters and columnists -- served as a hub to coordinate messaging and pursue political agendas. The emails were, in short, vivid proof of a giant liberal conspiracy.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>What the Daily Caller never mentioned is that they were part of it too. At least for a short period of time.</span>

Gautham Nagesh, a reporter now with The Hill, was an active participant in Journolist discussions while with his previous employer, the Daily Caller. I know because I was also a member of Journolist. Ezra Klein, the founder of the list, and Nagesh himself confirmed his participation.

The off-the-record nature of the emails prohibits reporting on what Nagesh said. But for the sake of transparency, much of it was casual political banter, policy discussion and even sports talk; the type of wonkish content for which Journolist became best known among its members. He did not offer the type of quips that the Daily Caller has since held up as controversial and unbecoming of reporters. But his presence on Journolist during that time period (he joined in March 2009, according to a review of the archives, and left the Caller in April 2010) pushes against the theory that it was a liberal cabal. Even Nagesh admits as much.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"I joined Journolist after [it was exposed in a Politico article] hoping to get an inside view of the left wing media conspiracy,"</span> he told the Huffington Post. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>"And unfortunately all I found was a wonkish listserv of like-minded people discussing topics that interested them.</span> I found it extremely useful for putting me in contact with sources and exposing me to a side of the blogosphere I wasn't well connected with." </div></div> link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/21/daily-caller-fails-to-rep_n_654034.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palin was one such right-winger. On Tuesday, citing a Daily Caller article that focused on how several liberal opinion journalists in 2008 were pondering how to respond to stories about Jeremiah Wright (Barack Obama's controversial reverend), she contended that Journolist was proof that the mainstream media -- or, as she calls it, the "lamestream" media -- is biased, characterizing Journolist members as " 'prominent' mainstream media personalities." That was a misrepresentation: writers and bloggers for The Nation, The American Prospect, Mother Jones (my home base), the Center for American Progress, the New American Foundation, and other liberal media organizations and think tanks are not usually considered mainstream media leaders. (The founder of Journolist, Ezra Klein, did move from The American Prospect to The Washington Post, but he was knowingly hired by the newspaper as a liberal blogger.) <span style='font-size: 17pt'>It's hardly surprising that out-of-the-closet progressives would share progressive ideas with colleagues. Journolist was no conspiracy; it was a community -- a virtual bar, without booze. I explain all that here</span> </div></div> link (http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/07/23/palins-shocking-admission-not-tough-enough-to-be-president/print/)

Just more RW paranoia.

Q

LWW
07-25-2010, 05:08 AM
So ... your "PROOF" that it never happened turns out to be more proof that it did?

That's funny.

LWW

Qtec
07-25-2010, 05:25 AM
What happened? Tell us all what happened.

Q..can't wait.

pooltchr
07-25-2010, 06:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What happened? Tell us all what happened.

Q..can't wait. </div></div>

If you read the first post, you would already know.

Steve

LWW
07-25-2010, 07:47 AM
He doesn't even read his own links, what makes you think he reads someone else's?

LWW

Qtec
07-25-2010, 08:54 PM
So both of you can't tell me whatthe big deal is....Haa.....LOL

Q..............?????

hondo
07-25-2010, 09:38 PM
It's a secwet. Be vewy, vewy qwiet.

LWW
07-26-2010, 04:03 AM
I think that it's more an issue of you being either unable, or unwilling, to comprehend what happened.

LWW

eg8r
07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Basically what you are doing is asking them to do something you refuse to do yourself...which is take the quote and put it in your own words. Now, why are you requesting someone to do something that you yourself refuses to do?

eg8r

Qtec
07-26-2010, 10:06 PM
LWW made this claim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The far left always tells you who they fear. </div></div>

He claims the Left fear Palin which is utter BS as I have shown on another thread. link (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=314663#Post314663)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So ... your "PROOF" <u>that <span style='font-size: 14pt'>it</span> never happened</u> turns out to be more proof that it did?

That's funny.

LWW </div></div>

All I did was ask what was the 'it' he was referring to.

Q