PDA

View Full Version : The regime supported release of Lockerbie bomber.

LWW
07-25-2010, 01:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">THE US government secretly advised Scottish ministers it would be "far preferable" to free the Lockerbie bomber than jail him in Libya.

Correspondence obtained by The Sunday Times reveals the Obama administration considered compassionate release more palatable than locking up Abdel Baset al-Megrahi in a Libyan prison.

The intervention, which has angered US relatives of those who died in the attack, was made by Richard LeBaron, deputy head of the US embassy in London, a week before Megrahi was freed in August last year on grounds that he had terminal cancer.

The document, acquired by a well-placed US source, threatens to undermine US President Barack Obama's claim last week that all Americans were "surprised, disappointed and angry" to learn of Megrahi's release.

Scottish ministers viewed the level of US resistance to compassionate release as "half-hearted" and a sign it would be accepted.

The US has tried to keep the letter secret, refusing to give permission to the Scottish authorities to publish it on the grounds it would prevent future "frank and open communications" with other governments.

In the letter, sent on August 12 last year to Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond and justice officials, Mr LeBaron wrote that the US wanted Megrahi to remain imprisoned in view of the nature of the crime.

The note added: "Nevertheless, if Scottish authorities come to the conclusion that Megrahi must be released from Scottish custody, the US position is that conditional release on compassionate grounds would be a far preferable alternative to prisoner transfer, which we strongly oppose."

Mr LeBaron added that freeing the bomber and making him live in Scotland "would mitigate a number of the strong concerns we have expressed with regard to Megrahi's release".

The US administration lobbied the Scottish government more strongly against sending Megrahi home, under a prisoner transfer agreement signed by the British and Libyan governments, in a deal now known to have been linked to a pound stg. 550 million oil contract for BP.

It claimed this would flout a decade-old agreement between Britain and the US that anyone convicted of the bombing would serve their sentence in a Scottish prison. Megrahi was released by Scottish Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill on the grounds that he had three months to live, making his sentence effectively spent.

The US Senate foreign relations committee launched a probe after The Sunday Times revealed this month that Megrahi's doctors thought he could live for another decade.

A source close to the Senate inquiry said: "The (LeBaron) letter is embarrassing for the US because it shows they were much less opposed to compassionate release than prisoner transfer."

Last week, a succession of British politicians - including Mr MacAskill, Mr Salmond and former justice secretary Jack Straw - delivered a diplomatic snub to the senators by refusing to fly across the Atlantic to answer questions at the Senate's hearing on Thursday (US time) about their role in Megrahi's release.

Despite the controversy over the Gulf of Mexico oil spill and Megrahi's release, it emerged over the weekend that BP is planning deep-water drilling off Libya.

And BP boss Tony Hayward is poised to quit this week when the company announces its half-year results, London's Sunday Telegraph reported. </div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;THIS ISN'T EVEN SURPRISNG AFTER EVERYTHING ELSE&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/white-house-backed-release-of-lockerbie-bomber-abdel-baset-al-megrahi/story-e6frg6so-1225896741041)

LWW

pooltchr
07-25-2010, 03:21 PM
"The document, acquired by a well-placed US source, threatens to undermine US President Barack Obama's claim last week that all Americans were "surprised, disappointed and angry" to learn of Megrahi's release."

Does this mean that for the next 8 years, we should just post "Obama Lied" whenever the lefties try to challenge us??

Steve

hondo
07-25-2010, 03:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Does this mean that for the next 8 years, we should just post "Obama Lied" whenever the lefties try to challenge us??

Steve
</div></div>

So, what else is new?

pooltchr
07-25-2010, 03:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Steve
</div></div>

So, what else is new? </div></div>

Did you have anything intelligent to add to the discussion?

Steve

LWW
07-25-2010, 05:33 PM
You keep cracking me up with those questions to H.

LWW

Qtec
07-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Why do you, in parrot fashion, always agree with the rantings of a lunatic, when you know NOTHING about this case?

Let me enlighten you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On 28 June 2007 the SCCRC concluded its four-year review and, having uncovered evidence that a miscarriage of justice could have occurred, the Commission granted Megrahi leave to appeal against his Lockerbie bombing conviction for a second time.[29] The second appeal to the Court of Criminal Appeal was abandoned in August 2009, as an impediment to the legal power to release him to Libya under the Prisoner Transfer Scheme then operating in the United Kingdom. Ultimately, he was not released under this scheme, rather, on compassionate grounds due to his ill health. There was in the event, no requirement to drop his appeal against conviction.

New information casting fresh doubts about Megrahi's conviction was examined at a procedural hearing at the Judicial Appeal Court (Court of Session building) in Edinburgh on 11 October 2007:

1. His lawyers claimed that <span style='font-size: 14pt'>vital documents, which emanated from the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and related to the Mebo timer that allegedly detonated the Lockerbie bomb, were withheld from the trial defence team.</span>[30]
2. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Tony Gauci, chief prosecution witness at the trial, was alleged to have been paid $2 million for testifying against Megrahi.</span>[31][32]
3. Mebo's owner, Edwin Bollier, claimed that in 1991 the FBI offered him $4 million to testify that the timer fragment found near the scene of the crash was part of a Mebo MST-13 timer supplied to Libya.[33]
4. Former employee of Mebo, Ulrich Lumpert, swore an affidavit in July 2007 that he had stolen a prototype MST-13 timer in 1989, and had handed it over to "a person officially investigating the Lockerbie case".[34]

On 1 November 2007 Megrahi invited Professor Robert Black QC to visit him at Her Majesty's Prison, Greenock. <u>After a 2-hour meeting, Black stated "that not only was there a wrongful conviction, but the victim of it was an innocent man. Lawyers, and I hope others, will appreciate this distinction</u> </div></div>

You see there was a second appeal coming. Al the dirty tricks by the CIA and others was about to become public. The main evidence against him was someone who got paid 2 M to say 'that's him' and a 1 inch piece of circuit board found 3 months after the crash in a farmers field!

Q

hondo
07-25-2010, 09:15 PM
No.

hondo
07-25-2010, 09:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You keep cracking me up with those questions to H.

LWW </div></div>

I love you, Steve. You're my only friend. You're the only one who even responds to me anymore. Oh, God, what would I do if you ever turned on me?

Don't worry, Larry, that will never happen.
You're the most smartest man I know. You're my idle.

pooltchr
07-25-2010, 10:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You're my idle. </div></div>

Just wondering....is English your first language?

Steve

hondo
07-26-2010, 06:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You're my idle. </div></div>

Just wondering....is English your first language?

Steve </div></div>

Did that deliberately. Knowing that with your total lack of anything resembling a sense of humor and a limited intellect,
you'd fall into the trap.
You never fail to come through. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Have you ever heard of a double entendre?
No, I doubt that you have.
Perhaps your idol hasn't been as idle in his vocabulary studies as you.

You're way too easy, Steve. ROTFLMFAO!

LWW
07-26-2010, 06:23 AM
"DOUBLE ENTENDRE" is French and not English ... so, perhaps English isn't his first language?

LWW

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Either that, or he made a mistake, got caught, and is now trying to wiggle out of it.

Steve

LWW
07-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Now that you mention it, leftists in general aren't real big on taking accountability for their own actions.

LWW

hondo
07-26-2010, 06:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"DOUBLE ENTENDRE" is French and not English ... so, perhaps English isn't his first language?

LWW </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Oui, monsieur.

hondo
07-26-2010, 06:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Either that, or he made a mistake, got caught, and is now trying to wiggle out of it.

Steve </div></div>

LMFAO! LWW actually tries to make some humor of this
and, again, you are too ignorant to catch it.
Ever notice,Steve, that I call you "Silly boy" and
Larry " silly man"?
There is a quite a gap between your intellects.

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 08:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Either that, or he made a mistake, got caught, and is now trying to wiggle out of it.

Steve </div></div>

Larry " silly man"?
There is a quite a gap between your intellects. </div></div>

Now that's funny! You commenting about anyone's intellect!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

You really do have a sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

eg8r
07-26-2010, 09:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you, in parrot fashion, always agree with the rantings of a lunatic, when you know NOTHING about this case?</div></div>In other words Steve, quit acting like qtip.

eg8r

LWW
07-26-2010, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Steve
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, what else is new? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you have anything intelligent to add to the discussion?

Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No. </div></div>

That exchange deserves immortality.

LWW

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 11:08 AM
I might disagree. I'm embarassed for H and his silly comments. It's almost a shame that he actually puts them in writing.

Steve

hondo
07-26-2010, 02:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Steve
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, what else is new? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you have anything intelligent to add to the discussion?

Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No. </div></div>

That exchange deserves immortality.

LWW </div></div>

At least I'm honest, bubs.
Not much interest in cut and paste.

hondo
07-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Thank you, Steve. Your compassion knows no bounds.

hondo
07-26-2010, 02:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Either that, or he made a mistake, got caught, and is now trying to wiggle out of it.

Steve </div></div>

Larry " silly man"?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Steve </div></div>

WHOA! Fast comeback! You really are quick! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

hondo
07-26-2010, 02:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Either that, or he made a mistake, got caught, and is now trying to wiggle out of it.

Steve </div></div>

Larry " silly man"?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Steve </div></div>

Every time I respond to you I can see your anus tightening up as you exclaim," Dwat! Foiled again by that wascally wabbit.

You may be ROTFLYFAO but my guess is ROTFCYFEO. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
07-26-2010, 02:10 PM
And, yes, Larry, I did indeed say "anus."
Try not to get too excited.

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 02:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Every time I respond to you I can see your anus tightening up as you exclaim," Dwat! Foiled again by that wascally wabbit.

You may be ROTFLYFAO but my guess is ROTFCYFEO. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

I find your obsession with my anus to be somewhat discomforting.

Steve

LWW
07-26-2010, 02:15 PM
I have asked him repeatedly to keep his homoerotic thoughts to himself.

LWW

hondo
07-26-2010, 02:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You may be ROTFLYFAO but my guess is ROTFCYFEO. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

I find your obsession with my anus to be somewhat discomforting.

Steve </div></div>

No, you don't.

hondo
07-26-2010, 02:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have asked him repeatedly to keep his homoerotic thoughts to himself.

LWW </div></div>

You're just trying to make your little buddy feel less silly.
PM him and explain what "anal retentive" means.
While you're at it define " double entendre" for him.

That ole boy had to be home-schooled. ROTFLMFAO!

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 03:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have asked him repeatedly to keep his homoerotic thoughts to himself.

LWW </div></div>

You're just trying to make your little buddy feel less silly.
PM him and explain what "anal retentive" means.
While you're at it define " double entendre" for him.

That ole boy had to be home-schooled. ROTFLMFAO! </div></div>

If I had to choose between home schooling and having you as a teacher, I would have taken my parents any day!

You are such a little drama queen.

Steve

hondo
07-26-2010, 03:22 PM
I figured it was just a matter of time when the name-calling started. Still ROTFLYFAO?

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 03:30 PM
funny, how you didn't notice it had started earlier when you were doing it.

Steve

hondo
07-26-2010, 04:26 PM
You silly, silly boy, I have never called you a name.

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 06:40 PM
As long as you believe that...

You are a pathetic waste of perfectly good oxygen.

Steve

Stretch
07-26-2010, 07:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured it was just a matter of time when the name-calling started. Still ROTFLYFAO? </div></div>

Carefull, or steve might "nuke you" as the final solution. lol St.

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 07:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured it was just a matter of time when the name-calling started. Still ROTFLYFAO? </div></div>

Carefull, or steve might "nuke you" as the final solution. lol St. </div></div>

No...I'm just going to wait and watch him self-implode! He's done it before, and I have no doubt he will do it again. He can't help himself.

Steve

hondo
07-26-2010, 08:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As long as you believe that...

You are a pathetic waste of perfectly good oxygen.

Steve </div></div>

Steve, you are definitely starting to hurt my feelings.

hondo
07-26-2010, 08:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured it was just a matter of time when the name-calling started. Still ROTFLYFAO? </div></div>

Steve's become my little sidekick. He goes along kicking me in
the side.
I'm afraid I've pushed him too far and he's gone off the deep end.
He's so easily sharked I can't imagine what he could teach me in pool, but perhaps I'm selling him short.

hondo
07-26-2010, 09:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured it was just a matter of time when the name-calling started. Still ROTFLYFAO? </div></div>

No...I'm just going to wait and watch him self-implode! He's done it before, and I have no doubt he will do it again. He can't help himself.

Steve </div></div>

Oh, I think you're probably right.
Once the really nasty personal insults start,
I usually explode. I don't tolerate fools or cowards who hide behind a keyboard.
And judging from what happened to Hippie on AZ and Wolfie on here, it's obvious which way the wind blows.

The first time I got booted I raised hell about yugo, Dawg and Mr & Mrs Dub calling me a klansman.
The last time I raised hell about lameass, yugo, and slide rule
calling me a sick, whiny old fool.
Complaining about the thugocracy on these forums is the kiss of death.

Will you be glad when I'm gone, Steve?
No Hondo. No Gayle. No Wolfie.
Seems like sooner or later you would get bored sucking up
to Larry and repeating everything he says.

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 09:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The first time I got booted I raised hell about yugo, Dawg and Mr & Mrs Dub calling me a klansman.
</div></div>

Rather than complaining, you might want to consider that they may have been offering constructive criticism. If several people tell you that you are a whiner, maybe you should ask yourself what might make them say it. It's possible they saw something that you might have missed.

Steve

hondo
07-26-2010, 09:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Rather than complaining, you might want to consider that they may have been offering constructive criticism. If several people tell you that you are a whiner, maybe you should ask yourself what might make them say it. It's possible they saw something that you might have missed.

Steve </div></div>

It wasn't several people, Steve. It was 3 of Larry's amigos.
What if Gayle, Wolfie, and I said you were a sick, whiney old fool who was obviously in the KKK? Would you enjoy that, Steve?
I've seen you go off the deep end for simply being accused of being a liar.
And most of the regulars on here view you as a troll
and a yes boy for LWW. Do you appreciate the constructive criticism?
Many of my friends including my best friend are black and his niece and I had a son several years ago.
How do you think my son, my ex-girlfriend, and my best friend would feel about the constant attacks on me as Klansman?

They play a great game on these forums. When I defend myself
against personal attacks, Larry and company accuse me of being
a whiner who's climbed back on his cross.
It's a great ploy. Either take the personal attacks or be accused of whining.
I'm sure you'll just respond to this post with some trite little putdown but I'm trying to be honest and show you my side of the picture. That's all I can do.

LWW
07-27-2010, 12:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You silly, silly boy, I have never called you a name. </div></div>

That's hilarious being that you just did.

LW

cushioncrawler
07-27-2010, 02:39 AM
Dubb -- He iznt and woznt the bomber. Your initial heading needs editing.
madMac.

LWW
07-27-2010, 03:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dubb -- He iznt and woznt the bomber. Your initial heading needs editing.
madMac. </div></div>

Sorry ... but the courts said he was:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On 31 January 2001, Megrahi was convicted, by a panel of three Scottish judges sitting in a special court at Camp Zeist in the Netherlands, of 270 counts of murder for the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, on 21 December 1988 and was sentenced to life imprisonment. </div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;OH DEAR&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newreply&Board=3&Number=314796&what=showflat&fpart=all&q=1)

LWW

Qtec
07-27-2010, 04:35 AM
Hear that?????????

BOOM.

That was the sound of you being blasted out of the water for your BS. LOL
You are such a dork. You believe everything Rush, Glenn, Palin, M. Malkin.......the loony tells you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The US state department has released a letter, partially leaked at the weekend,<span style='font-size: 20pt'> showing it had always lobbied the Scottish executive not to release the Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi.</span>

The Sunday Times said the US had secretly advised the executive it preferred to release Megrahi on compassionate grounds rather than jail him in Libya, a claim apparently championed by SNP politicians trying to fend off a US Senate foreign relations committee inquiry into his release.

The tone of the leak was that the Obama administration had been hypocritical in condemning the release of Megrahi since it had been saying something more equivocal in private to the Scottish authorities.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>The US says the letter <u>shows the administration was opposed to his release in principle and practice</u>, but if the Scottish executive were intent on his release there were conditions and circumstances attached that would mitigate its impact.</span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The US state department insisted the letter showed that, in August last year, it had reiterated "the strong and consistent opposition of the US government in all its exchanges with Scottish and British officials to the release or transfer under any scenario of al-Megrahi.</span>

"When it became clear in the weeks leading up to the Scottish government's decision that the compassionate release option was under serious consideration in Edinburgh, the 12 August letter was written to reiterate our objection to release, and in the event that Edinburgh decided to proceed, despite US objections, to underscore to Scottish authorities that the United States was not indifferent between an outcome which permitted Megrahi's return to Libya and one which confined him to Scotland."

The letter was sent on 12 August to the Scottish first secretary, Alex Salmond, by the US charge d'affaires, Richard LeBaron. Its full release yesterday came as US senators stepped up the pressure on Scottish authorities to send witnesses to an inquiry being mounted by the US Senate foreign relations committee into the release. </div></div>

Anything else you need corrected?

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

What letter I hear you say.

THIS letter. Look to the 2nd page.

link (http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/2010/ukpapress108_letter.pdf)

It says,

[quote] The United States is not willing to support Megrahi's release on compassionate release or bail.[/quote

Admit it, you are wrong. This is just another fantasy you want to believe because you are paranoid.

LWW
07-27-2010, 04:57 AM
<span style='font-size: 26pt'><u>READ YOUR OWN LINKS DUDE</u></span>

If you had, you would have already known that is says:

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"Nevertheless, if Scottish authorities come to the conclusion that Megrahi must be released from Scottish custody, the US position is that conditional release on compassionate grounds would be a far preferable alternative to prisoner transfer, which we strongly oppose."</span>

just as my link, which I read BTW, stated that it said.

If you had read your own link you would have saved yourself yet another horrible embarrassment.

LWW

hondo
07-27-2010, 05:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You silly, silly boy, I have never called you a name. </div></div>

That's hilarious being that you just did.

LW </div></div>

I'm choosing to avoid your petty remarks today. Sorry.