PDA

View Full Version : Individuals and Groups

llotter
07-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Liberals necessarily think in terms of groups rather than individuals because as they plan the lives of the entire population, it would be too difficult and cumbersome to think in terms of individuals. So, when thinking about the cause of racism, for example, it is the Left that insists on labeling such groups and create plans based on such labels with the inevitable consequence of favoring or disfavoring such groups and exacerbating racial conflict.

Conservatives have the right answer and that is the stop thinking in group terms and stop planning other peoples lives and let freedom of the individual reign. Granted that this answer will not solve every problem for all time, that it will necessarily minimize those problems and their consequences.

hondo
07-26-2010, 04:12 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

SSDD.

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 06:34 PM
You may think your smart-ass little posts are cute, but the fact that you refuse to actually discuss issues, but prefer personal attacks against the other posters tells more about you than all the claims you make about what a good church going person you pretend to be.

The more you post, the clearer the truth about you becomes.

Steve

Stretch
07-26-2010, 07:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You may think your smart-ass little posts are cute, but the fact that you refuse to actually discuss issues, but prefer personal attacks against the other posters tells more about you than all the claims you make about what a good church going person you pretend to be.

Steve </div></div>

Your pretence of "discussion" is laughable. LLW's narcissistic ravings and your cheerleading yes man encouragements are anything but discussion. In light of that fact i find Hondo's humour both refreshing and entirely appropriate. St.

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm so happy that someone has come to Hondo's defense. Since G and W seem to have abandoned him, he has been going further and further off the deep end. Perhaps your support will help him find his way to reality.

Steve

hondo
07-26-2010, 08:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You may think your smart-ass little posts are cute, but the fact that you refuse to actually discuss issues, but prefer personal attacks against the other posters tells more about you than all the claims you make about what a good church going person you pretend to be.

Steve </div></div>

I'll stop when you do. Fair enough?
Your shadow posting me and constantly attacking me gets old.
You answer every single one of my posts while going on and on about how insignificant I am.
Aren't you starting to feel a little ridiculous?
Take a good look in the mirror, buddy.

hondo
07-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks, Stretch.
I feel a little humor is what we need on here.

hondo
07-26-2010, 08:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Since G and W seem to have abandoned him, he has been going further and further off the deep end.

Steve </div></div>

http://vodpod.com/watch/4058198-hank-locklin-please-help-me-im-falling

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 09:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

You are starting to sound like a little old grandmother now.

When you start acting like an adult, maybe you will get treated like one. When you act like a spoiled child, that is what you get.

Your choice. You are responsible for what you do. Don't try to blame me or anyone else. Accept responsibility for your own actions.

Steve

hondo
07-26-2010, 09:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

You are starting to sound like a little old grandmother now.

When you start acting like an adult, maybe you will get treated like one. When you act like a spoiled child, that is what you get.

Your choice. You are responsible for what you do. Don't try to blame me or anyone else. Accept responsibility for your own actions.

Steve </div></div>

Every post is the same, Steve. I know you get exasperated trying to match wits with me.
Just be civil and I'll ease off of you, which I assume you call " acting like an adult."
In thread after thread you shadow post me with your childish little putdowns. I respond with wit, class and panache ,
and you get more and more frustrated.
It doesn't have to be this way. Just show a little class and
maturity and you will find me more than civil.
BTW, sorry for the big word. Look it up.

pooltchr
07-27-2010, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
Every post is the same, Steve. I know you get exasperated trying to match wits with me.
<span style="color: #FF0000">This is another attempt at humor, right? </span>
Just be civil and I'll ease off of you, which I assume you call " acting like an adult."
<span style="color: #FF0000">You actually think you are causing me problems??? Ease off of me??? More humor, right??? </span>
In thread after thread you shadow post me with your childish little putdowns. <span style="color: #FF0000">Hold that thought for a minute </span> I respond with wit, class and panache , <span style="color: #FF0000"> Now, that is funny, I don't care who you are!</span>
and you get more and more frustrated.
<span style="color: #FF0000">If there is any frustration on my part, it would be due to your inability to actually discuss real issues, rather than making up crap, lying, insulting and attacking others. Here's a little thought for you...this is a freaking internet forum. Some people come here to discuss issues in a thoughtful way, and aren't interested in the drama you attempt to create. </span>
It doesn't have to be this way. Just show a little class and
maturity and you will find me more than civil.
BTW, sorry for the big word. Look it up. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Ok, back to your comment about childish put downs....read your last comment and tell me what you believe constitutes a childish little put down. </span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I know all you really crave is attention, and, like a child, you seem to think that if you try to make waves, you will get it. It's typical childhood behavior that seems to remain with some people even after they grow older.

You don't want things to settle down, as evidenced by your non-stop posts directed toward individuals, rather than toward the topics we are trying to discuss.

At least admit that you enjoy doing what you do!

Steve</span>

LWW
07-27-2010, 09:05 AM
If you keep leaving a trail of crumbs he'll follow you forever.

LWW

pooltchr
07-27-2010, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you keep leaving a trail of crumbs he'll follow you forever.

LWW </div></div>

So will pissants!

Steve

llotter
07-27-2010, 06:37 PM
I was hoping to get some comments on the group vs individual dichotomy as viewed from the political perspective. The group analysis accounts for about 75% of what academia study these day. It's no wonder that the campus is overwhelmed with Lefties.

hondo
07-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Calm down, Steve. You're going to have a stroke.

hondo
07-27-2010, 09:16 PM
More name-calling. I'm trying , Steve, but you and Larry are consumed with hate.

LWW
07-28-2010, 05:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was hoping to get some comments on the group vs individual dichotomy as viewed from the political perspective. The group analysis accounts for about 75% of what academia study these day. It's no wonder that the campus is overwhelmed with Lefties. </div></div>

Well what you have witnessed is the left trolling anything which exposes actual truth.

I have long said that the left can only operate in a sealed echo chamber where their inbred thinking can prosper ... it's very much like the Borg, or a hive mentality.

Once the leader speaks the daily "TRUTH" apparatchiks in the regime will hatch a sequence of lies, half truths, innuendo, personal attacks and catch phrase sound bites which will shock and awe the naive into accepting the daily version of "TRUTH" as being real. The "JOURN-O-LIST" scandal revealed this to be truer than even I had feared.

The next step down the rung is the party agitprops who keep the masses of the cult movement fired up with the raw meat of hate speech.

It's a fascinating thing to watch a group devolve into such base activity. Despotic leaders have always manipulated the masses by appealing to the part of human nature which needs to feel self worth by belonging to the group hive.

Most adults pass through this phase during high school ... but some never make it through.

LWW

hondo
07-28-2010, 06:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you keep leaving a trail of crumbs he'll follow you forever.

LWW </div></div>

Well what you have witnessed is LWW trolling anything which exposes actual truth.

hondo
07-28-2010, 06:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you keep leaving a trail of crumbs he'll follow you forever.

LWW </div></div>

So will pissants!

Steve </div></div>

Well what you have witnessed is Steve trolling anything which exposes actual truth.

pooltchr
07-28-2010, 06:44 AM
I worked for a sales company once, and every morning, first thing, all the employees were called into the conference room. The purpose was a giant pep rally, with management standing up front being cheerleaders, complete with the theme from Rocky blasting through the PA system.

The thing was, their product wasn't going to win any awards for quality, and they knew the sales people had to be pumped up every day in order to carry the company spin out to potential customers. It was an effective tactic for the robotic sales types, but the good sales people quickly figured it out and left.

If you have something good, you don't have to work so hard to sell it. (Healthcare? Cap & Trade? ) If what you are selling is crap, you have to work much harder.

We have seen several examples of this in the past several months. It should cause people to stop and consider what is actually being sold.

Steve