PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Aiding Taliban

Sid_Vicious
07-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Let's see if we can come together as bipartisan for once here. Since the US has given billions to Pakistan over several admins, and we now hear about them actually training and equipping the Taliban to kill American soldiers, just what action should we take? Be precise. sid

pooltchr
07-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Cut off all foreign aid to them.

If that doesn't work....

Nuke the whole frigging region and be done with it!!

Steve

hondo
07-26-2010, 10:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Nuke the whole frigging region and be done with it!!

Steve </div></div>

Adolph would be proud of that comment.
Here are some profiles of some prominent folks in Pakistan:

http://peopleofpakistan.com/

Nuke em all? Did you learn that in church, Steve?

LWW
07-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Remember when the left had their knickers all in a knot that Musharaf must go ... too hard line ... we should be reaching out to "MODERATE MUSLIMS" instead?

LWW &lt;---Unsurprised by this.

hondo
07-27-2010, 05:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember when the left had their knickers all in a knot that Musharaf must go ... too hard line ... we should be reaching out to "MODERATE MUSLIMS" instead?

LWW &lt;---Unsurprised by this. </div></div>

So you believe we should nuke em all, also?

Hondo--- Unsurprised by this.

BTW, congrats on passing Wally. That didn't take long at all.
3 more to go. and you didn't join til '07. Amazing!

LWW
07-27-2010, 06:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember when the left had their knickers all in a knot that Musharaf must go ... too hard line ... we should be reaching out to "MODERATE MUSLIMS" instead?

So you believe we should nuke em all, also?</div></div>

Certainly not. If you would read what people post instead of assigning straw positions to them you might be viewed as something above a troll.

LWW

hondo
07-27-2010, 06:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember when the left had their knickers all in a knot that Musharaf must go ... too hard line ... we should be reaching out to "MODERATE MUSLIMS" instead?

So you believe we should nuke em all, also?</div></div>

Certainly not. If you would read what people post instead of assigning straw positions to them you might be viewed as something above a troll.

LWW </div></div>

So you and Steve aren't always on the same page? Is he aware of this new development?

LWW
07-27-2010, 06:28 AM
I understand that it is difficult for you to wrap your mind around the idea that there are people who can think independently and come to separate conclusions.

I also understand that the world of dembots, Obamatrons, statists, religious zealots, and cultists are absolutely terrified of such independent thinking people ... to the point of believing they are heretics or even mythical creatures.

LWW

pooltchr
07-27-2010, 08:04 AM
The concept of independent thought is beyond his comprehension.

But what is really funny, is Hondo has so much fun claiming that I don't see the "humor" in his posts.

Look at my post for a minute. I answered the original question in the first line.

The second line was just a throw-away line. Anyone with half a brain would understand that the first option was a reasonable response, and the second was intended to be totally outrageous.

I guess Hondo is missing more than half.

Steve

LWW
07-27-2010, 09:08 AM
All true ... and I broke my own rule, and for that I apologize. After responding I will now have him following me.

LWW

Stretch
07-27-2010, 09:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All true ... and I broke my own rule, and for that I apologize. After responding I will now have him following me.

LWW </div></div>

After watching the three of you go around and around in circles it becomes apparant that there is no one following nor leading. Lets all sing a song of "shall the cirlce be unbroken" St.

Chopstick
07-27-2010, 11:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's see if we can come together as bipartisan for once here. Since the US has given billions to Pakistan over several admins, and we now hear about them actually training and equipping the Taliban to kill American soldiers, just what action should we take? Be precise. sid </div></div>

That's a tough question. We need their airspace to support our troops in Afghanistan. Iran is unlikely to grant us fly over rights. Pakistan and India, both nuclear powers, are already shooting at each other. Iran has American troops on both of their borders and American ships off their coast.

All of the "stans" are tore up, except for Kazakhstan which we all know is number one. The whole area is a time bomb.

eg8r
07-27-2010, 12:31 PM
I think we need to immediately stop all aid to Pakistan. Let the funds dry up and put pressure on all our allies to do the same thing.

eg8r

Deeman3
07-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Israel is going to do something if we don't. That being said, we have to make a decision on rules of engagement and allow our soldiers to fight or just get out. I do not underestimate what will follow our just getting out. I just don't see us fighting one more politically correct war that we can only maintain, not win.

pooltchr
07-27-2010, 01:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Israel is going to do something if we don't. That being said, we have to make a decision on rules of engagement and allow our soldiers to fight or just get out. I do not underestimate what will follow our just getting out. I just don't see us fighting one more politically correct war that we can only maintain, not win. </div></div>

Seems very similar to a war we were involved in back in the 60s...Why our government will send troops off to war, and then tie their hands to prevent them from winning is beyond my comprehension.

Steve

Stretch
07-27-2010, 02:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Israel is going to do something if we don't. That being said, we have to make a decision on rules of engagement and allow our soldiers to fight or just get out. I do not underestimate what will follow our just getting out. I just don't see us fighting one more politically correct war that we can only maintain, not win. </div></div>

Seems very similar to a war we were involved in back in the 60s...Why our government will send troops off to war, and then tie their hands to prevent them from winning is beyond my comprehension.

Steve </div></div>

War is good for buisness apparently. Especialy if your buisness supports war. St.

LWW
07-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Destruction of wealth and youth is never "good for business."

LWW

hondo
07-27-2010, 09:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand that it is difficult for you to wrap your mind around the idea that there are people who can think independently and come to separate conclusions.

LWW </div></div>

When did this happen? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

hondo
07-27-2010, 09:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The concept of independent thought is beyond his comprehension.

But what is really funny, is Hondo has so much fun claiming that I don't see the "humor" in his posts.

Look at my post for a minute. I answered the original question in the first line.

The second line was just a throw-away line. Anyone with half a brain would understand that the first option was a reasonable response, and the second was intended to be totally outrageous.

I guess Hondo is missing more than half.

Steve </div></div>

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

hondo
07-27-2010, 09:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All true ... and I broke my own rule, and for that I apologize. After responding I will now have him following me.

LWW </div></div>

LOL! Be scared. Be very scared.

hondo
07-27-2010, 09:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Destruction of wealth and youth is never "good for business."

LWW </div></div>

LOL! I bet you're breaking Haliburton's heart.