PDA

View Full Version : The "How ya doin" Cmmercial (NPR)

CarolNYC
02-27-2002, 04:09 PM
For those who keep seeing the how ya doin"-I just wanted to clarify something-there is a commercial out-some men are in a bar and usully walk in and say "How ya doin" the usual response is just a nod or a "how ya doin' back-well,one guy from outta town is sitting there and when asked "How ya doin'-he come outs with a southern accent "Well Im just doing fine,my brother-in-law just opicked me up and the people here are so friendly and blah blah blah-so, the next fellow who comes in and says "How ya doing',everyone waves there hands like "No. dont ask him!" ha ah ah-tooooo funny! Thants all!
Carol

jjinfla
02-27-2002, 06:11 PM
And that is why I replied in your other post with: "mighty big airport you got here". Jake

CarolNYC
02-27-2002, 06:47 PM
Oh Jake,
Please forgive-Im so sorry,that completey went over my head-but is thta commercial just too funny! Gd, I cant get it out of my mind,and everywhere I go, I hear "How ya doing"",ha ha ha
Stay wll,Jake,
Carol

Rich R.
02-28-2002, 09:17 AM
Carol, you should also mention Queen of Mean's interpretation of that commercial. Rich R.~~~too funny. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

03-09-2002, 12:38 AM
Carol, for years I made it a point to do exactly that to anyone who approached me for a game and led off with "How ya doin'?" Before he could even blurt out what he wanted to play and/or for how much, I was into my marriage, career, family and whatever else would occur to me. Watching the would-be hustlers' expressions change - I could do this with a straight face - was well worth the effort. Usually they'd end up cutting me off with, "You don't wanna play at all, do ya?" To which I would respond, "Nah." GF

CarolNYC
03-09-2002, 02:55 PM
Good one there, Mr. George Fels, good one-How ya doin'!
love,
Carol