PDA

View Full Version : How smart are you and your neighbors?

LWW
07-27-2010, 07:21 AM
If measured by IQ the highest states are Massachusetts (101.5), North Dakota (101.4), Vermont (101.2), South Dakota (101.1) and Montana (101.1).

The lowest are Mississippi (93.3), Hawaii (94.4), Alabama (94.4) New Mexico (94.5) and California (94.7).

Not far behind are Maryland (97.2) and West Virginia (96.7).

Hmmmmm ... (http://manyeyes.alphaworks.ibm.com/manyeyes/visualizations/iq-by-state-us-2)

LWW

hondo
07-28-2010, 06:59 AM
Two of top 3 are blue states.
Two of bottom 3 are red states. HMMM.

LWW
07-28-2010, 08:38 AM
I would honestly like to see someone do a population weighted analysis on all this.

If you look at the heavy electoral vote O-cult states like California at 94.7 and New York at 97.8 it looks pretty incriminating.

Of course Texas and West Virginia pulled down the average on the other side.

LWW

hondo
07-28-2010, 06:42 PM
I get it, Larry. You think you're highly intelligent.
You think I'm ignorant.
You think most folks in West Virginia are dumb hillbillies.

I know some folks in my area who would love to see if you are as opinionated in person AS YOU ARE HIDING BEHIND A KEYBOARD.
My guess is that in person you are just a sniveling little weasel.

Sound about right, buddy?

LOL! I imagine this post will clear the way for you and Steve
to have total domination of this forum.
You must be very proud. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Sev
07-28-2010, 07:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get it, Larry. You think you're highly intelligent.
You think I'm ignorant.

I know some folks in my area who would love to see if you are as opinionated in person AS YOU ARE HIDING BEHIND A KEYBOARD.

</div></div>

Tsk Tsk.

Threats and such paranoia. Really my good man. Your not going anywhere. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
07-28-2010, 07:11 PM
LOL! What do you know? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Sev
07-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Things.

LWW
07-29-2010, 05:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get it, Larry. You think you're highly intelligent.
You think I'm ignorant.

</div></div>

Tsk Tsk.

Threats and such paranoia. Really my good man. Your not going anywhere. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Be kind to him. He's begging for a reason to claim martyrdom.

In his imaginary world, Mr Wilson runs all forums simply so H can be persecuted while Steve and I hold the power to get anyone banned whenever we please.

LWW

hondo
07-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Gayle? Wolfie? Can you help me out here?
Oh, wait a minute! They're gone.

hondo
07-29-2010, 06:23 AM
Hondo? Hippie? Can you give poor ole Sheldon and GRBU a
hand on AZ? It's about like the 300 Spartans movie on there.

Oh, wait a minute! They're gone.

eg8r
07-29-2010, 08:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know some folks in my area who would love to see if you are as opinionated in person AS YOU ARE HIDING BEHIND A KEYBOARD.
</div></div>So what you are doing is actually starting to drawing a picture of "some folks" for us but not detracting at all what lww has said. We don't know if lww's opinion (or Hollywood's for that matter) is right but coming from the horses mouth it appears that the "folks" you know are probably bullies and resort to fighting if they don't like what someone said. I just want to know is if lww got there and spoke his mind would you guys make him squeal like a pig? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Just joking.

Actually I work with a guy that lives in West Virginia and he seems like a stand up guy and insanely intelligent. I always look forward to our face to face meetings because he is a great guy and nothing like what Hollywood has portrayed.

eg8r

hondo
07-29-2010, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know some folks in my area who would love to see if you are as opinionated in person AS YOU ARE HIDING BEHIND A KEYBOARD.
</div></div> I just want to know is if lww got there and spoke his mind would you guys make him squeal like a pig? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Absolutely, but that would never happen.
He's happy right where he's at.
Attack in the safety of his shi**er.

Sev
07-29-2010, 08:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo? Hippie? Can you give poor ole Sheldon and GRBU a
hand on AZ? It's about like the 300 Spartans movie on there.

Oh, wait a minute! They're gone. </div></div>

GBRU holds his own. Seems like a good fellow.
Sheldon would be better off in his shop perfecting his building technique rather than posting and running.

Of course if one has no orders coming in then I guess he can spend time on AZ.

eg8r
07-29-2010, 12:04 PM
LOL, honesty is the best policy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
07-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Sheldon and GRBU have broader shoulders than I have.
Remember when Larry spent a month insisting that GRBU
was either Wolfie or me?
Then they all spent a couple of weeks insisting Sheldon was me.
What a bunch of friggin idiots.

hondo
07-29-2010, 04:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, honesty is the best policy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
07-29-2010, 05:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What a bunch of friggin idiots. </div></div>

Just going to point out that when it comes to name calling, you aren't exactly innocent.

Steve

hondo
07-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Cause and effect, Stevie boy, cause and effect.

cushioncrawler
07-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Wiki ----- Studies comparing religious belief and I.Q.
In 2008, intelligence researcher Helmuth Nyborg examined whether IQ relates to denomination and income, using representative data from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth, which includes intelligence tests on a representative selection of American youth, where they have also replied to questions about religious belief. His results, published in the scientific journal Intelligence demonstrated that on average, Atheists scored 1.95 IQ points higher than Agnostics, 3.82 points higher than Liberal persuasions, and 5.89 IQ points higher than Dogmatic persuasions. [4] "I'm not saying that believing in God makes you dumber. My hypothesis is that people with a low intelligence are more easily drawn toward religions, which give answers that are certain, while people with a high intelligence are more skeptical," says the professor.[5]

The relationship between countries' belief in a god and average Intelligence Quotient, measured by Lynn, Harvey & Nyborg.[6]Nyborg also co-authored a study with Richard Lynn, emeritus professor of psychology at the University of Ulster, which compared religious belief and average national IQs in 137 countries. [6] The study analysed the issue from several viewpoints. Firstly, using data from a U.S. study of 6,825 adolescents, the authors found that atheists scored 6 g-IQ points higher than those adhering to a religion.

Secondly, the authors investigated the link between religiosity and intelligence on a country level. Among the sample of 137 countries, only 23 (17%) had more than 20% of atheists, which constituted “virtually all the higher IQ countries.” The authors reported a correlation of 0.60 between atheism rates and level of intelligence, which is “highly statistically significant.” This portion of the study uses the same data set as Lynn's work IQ and the Wealth of Nations.

Commenting on the study in The Daily Telegraph, Lynn said "Why should fewer academics believe in God than the general population? I believe it is simply a matter of the IQ. Academics have higher IQs than the general population. Several Gallup poll studies of the general population have shown that those with higher IQs tend not to believe in God." [7]

pooltchr
07-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Just don't cry when it comes back to bite you.

Steve

Qtec
07-30-2010, 01:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wiki ----- Studies comparing religious belief and I.Q.

Commenting on the study in The Daily Telegraph, Lynn said "Why should fewer academics believe in God than the general population? I believe it is simply a matter of the IQ. Academics have higher IQs than the general population. Several Gallup poll studies of the general population have shown that those with higher IQs tend not to believe in God." [7] </div></div>

The God Warrior (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3mDLsyn6ns)

You should watch the whole thing. Start here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgylwjkm8u0&feature=related)

It will blow your mind.

Q

LWW
07-30-2010, 05:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just don't cry when it comes back to bite you.

Steve </div></div>

Cause and effect ... he believes he has already issued his own pass. Everything H does he writes of as being due to his eternal martyrdom ... nothing is ever his own fault.

When will you learn Steve, when will you learn?

LWW

hondo
07-30-2010, 05:33 AM
Explain cause and effect to him, Larry. He has no idea what I'm talking about.

LWW
07-30-2010, 05:44 AM
It goes like this ...

CAUSE: Someone either speaks a truth that H disagrees with or has a non party approved opinion or questions the daily "TRUTH" that comes on the spoon feedings.

EFFECT: H claims to be a victim of (Insert ridiculous accusation du jour.) from (Inset H's EOTD.)

LWW

hondo
07-30-2010, 06:53 PM
I apologize, Steve, that Larry refused to give you a civil answer.
It appears he doesn't know either.

pooltchr
07-30-2010, 07:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I apologize, Steve, that Larry refused to give you a civil answer.
It appears he doesn't know either. </div></div>

Well, since I never asked him a question, why would I expect him to answer?
This is just another of your obvious attempts to stir up more crap. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Steve

hondo
07-31-2010, 06:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I apologize, Steve, that Larry refused to give you a civil answer.
It appears he doesn't know either. </div></div>

Well, since I never asked him a question, why would I expect him to answer?
This is just another of your obvious attempts to stir up more crap. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Steve </div></div>

Steve, ole boy, just because you don't know what questions to ask, doesn't mean you shouldn't ask them.

pooltchr
07-31-2010, 07:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Steve, ole boy, just because you don't know what questions to ask, doesn't mean you shouldn't ask them. </div></div>

I usually don't ask questions unless I don't know the answer. It is a bit presumptous of you to think that just because you don't know something, that nobody else does either.

Here's a question for you:
Why do you complain about everyone picking on you, when you go out of your way to be obnoxious and continue to try and stir up crap around here?

OOps, never mind.....I think I know the answer!

Steve