PDA

View Full Version : The whitest channel!

LWW
07-29-2010, 08:23 AM
The Tea Party doth layeth the smacketh downeth of Kowardly Keith! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMdPTpOyUk4&feature=player_embedded)

For those who watched the above video ... Olby didn't show, probably holed up in his mom's basement cowering under a blanket.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_A24UZctD--E/SwqdhFbkL4I/AAAAAAAAA-k/SWMN57awlw8/s640/MSNBC+All+White.jpg

LWW

LWW
07-29-2010, 04:57 PM
The silence from the left is again deafening.

LWW

pooltchr
07-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Sometimes, facts are impossible to refute. When that happens, the liars take cover!

Steve

hondo
07-29-2010, 07:18 PM
I'll answer, Larry, cause... I...love...you...man.
Your pal, Poolticker.

hondo
07-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Sweetie, the video wouldn't play for me.
I was curious as to what was going on. Sorry.
Try another link.

pooltchr
07-29-2010, 08:39 PM
It probably would have gone over your head anyway, but the premise is that MSNBC, who has an entire line-up of nothing but white broadcasters, has very little wiggle room when they attempt to call others racist.

And they got called out on it, but ran for cover.

You wouldn't have liked it.

Steve

Qtec
07-30-2010, 03:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes, facts are impossible to refute. </div></div>

What facts? That they are all white?

All black or all white doesn't matter, its what they say that counts.

Q

LWW
07-30-2010, 05:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes, facts are impossible to refute. </div></div>

What facts? That they are all white?

All black or all white doesn't matter, its what they say that counts.

Q </div></div>

You obviously didn't watch the video.

They made a slew of accusations.

They were called on it.

They ran like scared rabbits.

LWW

hondo
07-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Why does it matter what color the broadcasters are?
Black, white, yellow, greem.
This constantly focusing on the color of an individual is what continues to perpetuate racism.
Surely you agree?
You just said the same thing on another thread when the circumstances suited you.

Qtec
07-30-2010, 05:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They made a slew of accusations. </div></div>

I must have missed that, can you put those accusations in writing so that I can read them? [The sound on my PC has jus tgone for some reason- friggin updates- and I haven't got time to FK about with it..}

Thanks.

Q

pooltchr
07-30-2010, 05:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why does it matter what color the broadcasters are?
Black, white, yellow, greem.
This constantly focusing on the color of an individual is what continues to perpetuate racism.
Surely you agree?
You just said the same thing on another thread when the circumstances suited you. </div></div>

Yes, I agree that the color of the broadcasters makes no difference. However, they have no right to hold anyone else to a standard that they themselves can't or don't meet. It's the old glass houses thing. I'm sure you can see that, although you probably don't want to admit it.

If you are going to accuse a group of people for being racist because you don't think they have enough people of color in their group, wouldn't it be appropriate for you to meet the same standard yourself????

Steve

LWW
07-30-2010, 06:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All black or all white doesn't matter, its what they say that counts.

Q </div></div>

What if someone said that blacks are "sort of a mongrel people" ... would that be racist?

LWW

Qtec
07-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Yes.

Q

LWW
07-30-2010, 06:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All black or all white doesn't matter, its what they say that counts.

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What if someone said that blacks are "sort of a mongrel people" ... would that be racist?

LWW </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes.

Q </div></div>

Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> NEW YORK — President Obama waded into the national race debate in an unlikely setting and with an unusual choice of words: telling daytime talk show hosts that African-Americans are “sort of a mongrel people.”</div></div>

Barack Hussein Obama has been certified to be a racist by Q!

&gt;&gt;&gt;BET THEY DIDN'T PUT THAT ON THE SPOON&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/111611-obama-calls-african-americans-a-mongrel-people-)

LWW

LWW
07-30-2010, 06:54 AM
BTW ... the play is absolutely transparent. As soon as Limbaugh/Hannity/Beck reports that Obama said blacks are "sort of a mongrel people" the MEDIA MATTERS of the world will post a truncated quote claiming that they (Not Obama.) initially made the claim.

Oh ... cause and effect ... the O-cult will repeat the lie without question.

LWW

eg8r
07-30-2010, 07:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All black or all white doesn't matter, its what they say that counts.</div></div>Then why point out race disparities amongst viewership?

I think your next project should be which race spends the least on their cars and the most on their rims. That might be a good explanation for not paying extra cable fees to get Fox.

eg8r

hondo
07-30-2010, 06:56 PM
I haven't accused anybody of being racist.
I have suspected Larry in the past but he says he's not, and, surely, he wouldn't lie.

pooltchr
07-30-2010, 08:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't accused anybody of being racist.
I have suspected Larry in the past but he says he's not, and, surely, he wouldn't lie. </div></div>

Your reading comprehension fails you again. The term "you" in my post is a generic term defining anyone who would make the statement. It did not mean "you Hondo". The fact that you (you Hondo) took it to be personally directed at you (you, Hondo) might lead one (Me) to suspect you (Hondo) migh have some deep seeded concerns over your (your, Hondo's) own inermost feelings on the topic.

Steve

Is it necessary for me (Steve) to post in this style to make sure that you (Hondo) can follow along with discussions without getting lost again?

Stretch
07-30-2010, 10:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't accused anybody of being racist.
I have suspected Larry in the past but he says he's not, and, surely, he wouldn't lie. </div></div>

Your reading comprehension fails you again. The term "you" in my post is a generic term defining anyone who would make the statement. It did not mean "you Hondo". The fact that you (you Hondo) took it to be personally directed at you (you, Hondo) might lead one (Me) to suspect you (Hondo) migh have some deep seeded concerns over your (your, Hondo's) own inermost feelings on the topic.

Steve

Is it necessary for me (Steve) to post in this style to make sure that you (Hondo) can follow along with discussions without getting lost again? </div></div>

Are you (Steve) blameing Hondo (Hondo) of acting like and a$$? (LLW). St.

Qtec
07-31-2010, 01:09 AM
Not so fast, context is everything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NEW YORK — President Obama waded into the national race debate in an unlikely setting and with <u>an unusual choice of words</u>: telling daytime talk show hosts that African-Americans are “sort of a mongrel people.”

The president appeared on ABC’s morning talk show “The View” Thursday, where he talked about the forced resignation of Agriculture Department official Shirley Sherrod, his experience with race and his roots.

When asked about his background, which includes a black father and white mother, Obama said of African-Americans: <span style='font-size: 17pt'>"We are sort of a mongrel people."

"I mean we're all kinds of mixed up," Obama said. "That's actually true of white people as well,</span> but we just know more about it."

The president's remarks were directed at the roots of all Americans. The definition of mongrel as an adjective is defined as <u>"of mixed breed, nature, or origin,"</u> according to dictionary.com.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Obama did not appear to be making an inflammatory remark with his statement and the audience appeared to receive it in the light-hearted manner that often accompanies interviews on morning talk shows.</span> </div></div>

He did not say "<u>they</u> are mongrels", he said <u>"we"</u>.
Its hardly derogatory when you are including youself!

Q

LWW
07-31-2010, 05:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not so fast, context is everything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NEW YORK — President Obama waded into the national race debate in an unlikely setting and with <u>an unusual choice of words</u>: telling daytime talk show hosts that African-Americans are “sort of a mongrel people.”

The president appeared on ABC’s morning talk show “The View” Thursday, where he talked about the forced resignation of Agriculture Department official Shirley Sherrod, his experience with race and his roots.

When asked about his background, which includes a black father and white mother, Obama said of African-Americans: <span style='font-size: 17pt'>"We are sort of a mongrel people."

"I mean we're all kinds of mixed up," Obama said. "That's actually true of white people as well,</span> but we just know more about it."

The president's remarks were directed at the roots of all Americans. The definition of mongrel as an adjective is defined as <u>"of mixed breed, nature, or origin,"</u> according to dictionary.com.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Obama did not appear to be making an inflammatory remark with his statement and the audience appeared to receive it in the light-hearted manner that often accompanies interviews on morning talk shows.</span> </div></div>

Q </div></div>

So it was only racist when he said whites were mongrel people?

Sorry Q ... but no amount of word parsing can explain that away.

LWW

hondo
07-31-2010, 06:16 AM
Steve, I'll try this once. Not much hope that you'll comprehend.
"You" is an indefinite pronoun that is rarely used in formal
writing because often the antecedent is unclear.
Thus, how was I supposed to know "you" weren't referring to me?

hondo
07-31-2010, 06:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not so fast, context is everything.

Q </div></div>

So it was only racist when he said whites were mongrel people?

Sorry Q ... but no amount of word parsing can explain that away.

LWW </div></div>

We're all bozos on this bus.
Including myself doesn't count?

pooltchr
07-31-2010, 07:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve, I'll try this once. Not much hope that you'll comprehend.
"You" is an indefinite pronoun that is rarely used in formal
writing because often the antecedent is unclear.
Thus, how was I supposed to know "you" weren't referring to me? </div></div>

If you (Hondo) take the statement in terms of the topic of discussion, you (hondo) would have known what I (Steve) was talking about. But since you (hondo) would rather twist things around, pretend to take things personally so you (hondo) can continue to claim to be a victim, I (Steve) suppose I (Steve) was expecting too much from you (hondo)

Steve (me)

LWW
07-31-2010, 08:09 AM
I can hear the echo of dogwood trees being felled in the hollows of West Virginia ...

LWW

Qtec
07-31-2010, 11:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> no amount of word parsing can explain that away. </div></div>

Not to you. You have no interest in context. You have made your mind up and now you stick your fingers in your ears.
"I don't want to hear it..I don't want to hear it..I don't want to hear it"

Q

LWW
08-01-2010, 04:46 AM
You said it was a racist statement ... I simply asked the question.

I don't think it was racist ... but I know what the word actually means ... but I do think it was low class and stupid.

LWW

hondo
08-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Hi, Larry. While you were on the forums non-stop yesterday posting your usual, I was in Pomeroy, Ohio, at a really
nice blues festival. It was great but I'm worn out.

You ever think that just maybe life is passing you by, ole buddy?

LWW
08-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Why didn't you invite me?

LWW

hondo
08-01-2010, 06:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why didn't you invite me?

LWW </div></div>

I honestly feel that you are scared to meet me, not that you need be.
Ask Deeman or Wally or Russ from AZ. I'm an okay guy.
I argued politics with Wally on here years before I ever heard of you.
I'll invite you next time.

LWW
08-02-2010, 05:01 AM
I am quite sure that I needn't be.

LWW

hondo
08-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Good. You'll find that I am neither violent or dumb, your 2 most frequent claims about me.
The only 2 posters I would approach with caution are yugo and lotter.
Neither seem wrapped too tight.