PDA

View Full Version : Even Cuba begins to reject Marxism.

LWW
08-02-2010, 08:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Raul Castro expanded self-employment fields on Sunday, ahead of looming government plans to slash as many as one million jobs -- 20 percent of communist Cuba's work force -- from state payrolls.
The economy, 95 percent of which is currently in state hands, does not have the ability to absorb such vast numbers of jobless. Castro's move aims to try to reduce the socioeconomic fallout, but it will be an uphill battle.

The Council of Ministers "agreed to expand the range of self-employment jobs, and their use as another alternative for workers who lose their jobs," Castro said as he gave a closing address at one of two annual sessions of the National Assembly.

After the crash of the former Soviet bloc, Cuba's cash-strapped government in the 1990s approved a wide range of self-employment. Positions such as beauticians, dog groomers, small restaurant owners and even lighter refillers were legalized as long as workers got licenses and paid taxes.

But social resentment emerged as an issue when some workers, particularly in small private restaurants, achieved dramatic levels of success. </div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;THERE IS A LESSON TO BE LEARNED FROM THIS&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.b4a79e079069c2b3889441cfab5c4b2 5.61&show_article=1)

LWW

Sev
08-02-2010, 07:51 PM
OH the horror!!!

LWW
08-03-2010, 05:31 AM
After 50+ years even the Castro brothers finally "GET IT" ... but not the modern American left.

LWW

Qtec
08-03-2010, 05:36 AM
......and we are all REALLY bothered what Cuba thinks............NOT.

PATHETIC.

Q

LWW
08-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Actually I'm encouraged by it.

LWW

Sev
08-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Worrying about Cuba keeps the left awake at night.
The loss of all those potential voters just floating into FL causes a lot of anxiety

LWW
08-03-2010, 08:42 AM
It never ceases to amaze me when I see American youths wearing Che t-shirts.

LWW