PDA

View Full Version : Yankees are going to win the pennant.

bobroberts
08-02-2010, 12:58 PM
What say you?

warped cue
08-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Hi Bob! They probebly will but, you should have posted this in the non-pool forum.

Rich R.
08-03-2010, 07:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: warped cue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Bob! They probebly will but, you should have posted this in the non-pool forum. </div></div>
I agree. It will give the polititians something else to bash each other over. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Besides, I'm in the Baltimore area and the Orioles are so far down I think they are in a different league. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

dg-in-centralpa
08-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Rich,
I've been an O's fan since the late 60's. They are in the "Laughing Stock" class. They should fire the owner.

DG - longing for the good ol' days of the O's

Bambu
08-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I'll bite. Go Yankees!!!!!!!!

LWW
08-03-2010, 11:20 AM
My two favorite MLB teams are:

1 - Cincinnati Reds.

2 - Whoever is playing the Yankees.

LWW

Bambu
08-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Bambu&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; Will be accepting small bets come post season.

Rich R.
08-03-2010, 08:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich,
I've been an O's fan since the late 60's. They are in the "Laughing Stock" class. They should fire the owner.

DG - longing for the good ol' days of the O's </div></div>
Dwayne, I'm a season ticket holder. You can only imagine how I feel about the current O's team. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
As of tonight, they are 1-0 with the new manager. We can only look to the future.

If it were only possible to fire an owner, that would be great. The commissioner should be able to force an owner to sell the team if the owner is totally incompetent.

LWW
08-05-2010, 06:20 AM
I may be a taker.

Based on the way the playoffs are now constructed, a team built to win the most games in a 162 game season played over 180 days isn't the type of team that's best suited to win 11 games in a month.

That's why we have had a spate of wild card teams win the World Series ... as well as some week division winners like the Cardinals.

A team with 2 stud starters and a good bullpen will almost always go deep into the playoffs as their weaknesses ... usually the 3/4/5 starters ... don't get exposed.

In that light Arroyo/Cueto stack up very well.

LWW

Bambu
08-05-2010, 08:14 AM
I agree with that, anything can happen in the playoffs. Given some bullpen depth, the team that has the 2 hottest starters during the post season should be the favorite.

dg-in-centralpa
08-05-2010, 08:58 AM
If Showalter is given enough freedom, he'll make them into contenders, but get fired right before they win the world series. Someone else will get Bucks' glory.

DG

LWW
08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
I love talking beisbol with knowledgeable fans.

Ouryoyo is an inning eater and Cueto is fast turning into a top tier ace.

With Bailey, Chapman, Wood, LeCure, Leake, and Volquez being all young and all having ace type arms the future of the Redlegs looks quite good.

I see next year as Cueto, Leake, Volquez, Wood, and Bailey as the best rotation in the league with a bullpen of Chapman, Massett, Ondrusek, Rhodes, LeCure and Cordero.

LWW

Bambu
08-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Speaking of beisbol, I still remember those old chico escuela skits on SNL. As a yankee fan I mostly watch AL games. So I havent seen the reds play this year. But they do look pretty good on paper, the stats dont lie.

Rich R.
08-06-2010, 06:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Showalter is given enough freedom, he'll make them into contenders, but get fired right before they win the world series. Someone else will get Bucks' glory.

DG </div></div>
As of last night, the O's are 3-0 under Buck and they are playing with a renewed sense of purpose. I don't think that sense of purpose will make up for the gaping holes in the pitching staff but we will see what happens in the off season. Right now, the O's are so far back, I think Buck is just having them practice for next year.

LWW
08-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I think Chico had played for the Mets.

That, and the AL doesn't even play real baseball.

If a pitcher can't hit they are only half a ballplayer.

And before anyone says the pitcher is an automatic out ... YTD the Reds pitchers have an average of .222 with 5 home runs, 8 doubles, a triple, and 30 ribeyes.

LWW

bobroberts
08-06-2010, 03:53 PM
I made a small mistake.i thought i was posting in NPR oh well.
Anyway Texas is looking pretty good now with lee pitching so well.

Bambu
08-07-2010, 09:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Chico had played for the Mets.

That, and the AL doesn't even play real baseball.

If a pitcher can't hit they are only half a ballplayer.

And before anyone says the pitcher is an automatic out ... YTD the Reds pitchers have an average of .222 with 5 home runs, 8 doubles, a triple, and 30 ribeyes.

LWW </div></div>

The AL doesnt play real baseball, but they beat up on the NL almost every July. Who wants to watch a .220 hitter anyway? I'd rather watch real hitters.

eg8r
09-16-2010, 10:35 AM
You guys have Showalter now. Maybe he can turn the Orioles around.

eg8r

eg8r
09-16-2010, 10:37 AM
I sure hope they do, but this recent stretch of close games leaves me a bit skeptical. Go Yankees!!!

How about Jeter taking the base knowing the ball hit the bat?

eg8r