PDA

View Full Version : Shaft question that is bugging me

Kato
08-27-2002, 10:02 AM
Ok, I play with Predator 314 shafts which are spliced together so that no matter which way the shaft is turned the hit will be the same. Now then, Meucci has a Red Dot and a Black Dot shaft. Aren't you supposed to put the dot in a certain spot everytime, say, under your chin? Now if you do this, won't your tips wear out weird? Isn't this also an annoyance to have to line up your shaft the same way everytime?

I've never hit with either Meucci shaft so I'm not raggin on the them. I'd just like to know about the tip wear really.

Kato

Doctor_D
08-27-2002, 10:05 AM
When I purchased my First (1st) Meucci, having the same question regarding the placement of the Red Dot, I called Meucci. I was told that for routine shots, I should pay no attention to the placement of the Red Dot. However, for shots with "English" I should always make certain that the Red Dot is at the 12 o'clock position.

Dr. D.

Fred Agnir
08-27-2002, 10:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Aren't you supposed to put the dot in a certain spot everytime, say, under your chin? Now if you do this, won't your tips wear out weird? <hr></blockquote>
Probably. But, considering you won't always be hitting with the same spin, it won't be as bad as you might think, I'd guess.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>Isn't this also an annoyance to have to line up your shaft the same way everytime?<hr></blockquote>
I've wondered this myself, but I would think it'd be just like any pre-shot routine. I know a couple of people who have marked their shafts for the "up side" long before the Red Dot concept. So, it's not without precedence.

Fred &lt;~~~ no marking, no splicing

Kato
08-27-2002, 10:15 AM
Hi Doc, I know you are generally a center ball player but I'm sure I use english on 75% of my shots.

Fred, 4 or 5 years ago when the Billiard Channel launched there tour I saw Buddy Hall do that with his Lucassi Cues. Just a little pencil mark on them.

Kato

08-27-2002, 10:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Ok, I play with Predator 314 shafts which are spliced together so that no matter which way the shaft is turned the hit will be the same. Now then, Meucci has a Red Dot and a Black Dot shaft. Aren't you supposed to put the dot in a certain spot everytime, say, under your chin? Now if you do this, won't your tips wear out weird? Isn't this also an annoyance to have to line up your shaft the same way everytime?

I've never hit with either Meucci shaft so I'm not raggin on the them. I'd just like to know about the tip wear really.

Kato <hr></blockquote>

that's why i bought a predator. lining up the red dot is really annoying. instead of making yourself mentally focus easilly, your making yourself do something you don't have to do. i.e turing the shaft to where it should face ya. plus you made a good point of the tip thingy you mentioned. instead of letting the tip shape by itslef naturally your making it shape one side flat while the other is not.