PDA

View Full Version : ROLL CALL- Where is everybody?

08-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I can't believe I've been hanging around this forum for almost 10 years. This was before you had registration and the board was a simple, 1 section board with branches under each topic. I guess I started posting around late 2000 or 2001.

At one point, this was the busiest board. There was also a few others that had some life i.e. AZ Billiards, which was not as popular as this one at the time, Playpool.com and RSB. I've met some really great people thru this forum. Some that were new friends, which I now consider old friends.

So, the point I'm getting to is... Where did everyone go? Who is still here, lurking or otherwise?

Eric >here

warped cue
08-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I hear ya! I joined in 1997- 1998? I forgot my original user name & password. I had to re-register. I think the Glory days are over here... just a guess & I could be wrong. Rich sold me my first CCB pins & I still have em. Rich is still here after all those years. I think this Forum could use a Ban Artist like Mr. Wison on AZB...JMO.

08-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Do I know you? What is your name? Old screen name?

BTW, those CCB pins were the first and only pins.

Eric >keychains too

warped cue
08-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi Eric! You might know me but, like I said I forgot my old username & password. I dropped out for a few years & then came back. I love those CCB pins Rich sold me! They were very high quality pins IMO. Not going to sell them but, Rich might have a few left.

pooltchr
08-05-2010, 04:19 PM
We do seem to have lost a few. Wendy and Carol (NYC) come to mind. There are many more who seem to have slipped away. It's a shame. Do you still see the same group at the open each year?

Steve

08-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Steve,

The US Open group changed a bit, but most of the group still go. In fact, the only year I DIDN'T go, was the year I missed meeting you!

The current CCB/US Open group is:

RichR & Cathy
RJ/ARJ
Phil in SoFla/SoFlaSnapper
Duane/DG and Mrs. DG
Tony in MD & Mrs
Josh/JMD in VA
Brian in VA
Cueball/Mike
Icon of Sin/ Heath
Me

I might have forgot a couple (forgive me) or ppl.

Speaking of the US Open, it's getting to be that time again, two months to go. Who's going to the Open this year?

Eric >hijacking my own thread

Tony_in_MD
08-06-2010, 05:10 AM
I will be there.

Rich R.
08-06-2010, 06:40 AM
I'm still here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
I try to check in every day, but not as often as I did when I was working for a living. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Cathy and I hope to be at the Open this year, if nothing goes wrong.

Brian in VA
08-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi Eric!

I'm still here although I don't post that often on here or other boards.

I'm planning to be at the Open Thursday - Saturday. Josh will most likely be there the entire event because, I believe, he is working for Barry on the tournament committee.

As always, looking forward to seeing all my once a year friends; you're friends all year long but I only get to see you once a year!

Brian in VA

KellyStick
08-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Only been around a little over 3 years on this forum. Recently we have taken a rest from APA pool. It just got old AND some of us got older too. For the last 3 months I've not been checking much nor posting at all until today. Been pursuing other hobbies, working a few more hours etc. Still here but just not as much as before. Havn't shot pool now for about 15 hours tho... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

bradb
08-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi Eric. I have been posting off and on about 6 years. Lately its been fairly slow as you note.

I miss some of the pool banter that used to be here like 1Time who was always good for a row, right or wrong he was interesting. But as you can see many are still around just busy this summer I guess.

Its obvious many players posting here live in the same area and get together often, people like myself are outsiders in a way. We live to far away. Wish there was as much pool happening around here as in your area.

Brad

Fran Crimi
08-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Here.

I come and go. Where you been??

Rich R.
08-07-2010, 12:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: warped cue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Eric! You might know me but, like I said I forgot my old username & password. I dropped out for a few years & then came back. I love those CCB pins Rich sold me! They were very high quality pins IMO. Not going to sell them but, Rich might have a few left. </div></div>
I was looking through some old stuff from the sale of the pins. Is it possible that your old screen name was "PQQLK9" ?
Does that sound familiar?

PoolFool
08-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Seems like the whole Dallas bunch vanished when SPetty went away but I know Sid is still around.

PoolFool

warped cue
08-08-2010, 07:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: warped cue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Eric! You might know me but, like I said I forgot my old username & password. I dropped out for a few years & then came back. I love those CCB pins Rich sold me! They were very high quality pins IMO. Not going to sell them but, Rich might have a few left. </div></div>
I was looking through some old stuff from the sale of the pins. Is it possible that your old screen name was "PQQLK9" ?
</div></div> I don't think that was it Rich. I am from Missouri if that helps any.

Rich R.
08-08-2010, 11:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: warped cue</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: warped cue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Eric! You might know me but, like I said I forgot my old username & password. I dropped out for a few years & then came back. I love those CCB pins Rich sold me! They were very high quality pins IMO. Not going to sell them but, Rich might have a few left. </div></div>
</div></div> I don't think that was it Rich. I am from Missouri if that helps any. </div></div>
OK, I think I'm a little confused now, but that isn't unusual. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
I did send pins to some one in Missouri, but they only gave me the first initial of "K", which doesn't match the first initial of the name you use in your PM last week. I know many people use different names, so that isn't a big deal.

If you are this person, I'm sorry to say I don't have your old screen name. I just have the name and address used for mailing.

When they made the so called improvements to this forum, it screwed up all of the PM's and I lost all of the PM's I was keeping. I probably would have had your screen name there. Now it is lost forever.

I tried. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

warped cue
08-08-2010, 12:38 PM
No problem Rich. Thanks for looking it up. I am here now as warped cue & posting again so far so good IMO. BTW.. I have this old warped cue that is a junker & I put the warped tip down & shoot. Guess what? The dogone thing sinks balls left & right. I call it the Poor Man's Balibushka! Thats how I came up with the idea of warped cue!

dg-in-centralpa
08-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Eric,
Mrs DG(Mary) and I are still here and will be at the Open. We always look forward to the dinner and seeing everybody. I don't post near as much since everything has changed. Hope to see you and Susie in October.

DG(Duane)

pooldude
08-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Where did everyone go? Well, for the most part they were ran out of here because they didn't fit in with other posters that thought they ran the board.

08-09-2010, 01:14 PM
I haven't been posting much. I've been active on other forums. I guess I drifted a bit because of the way this place slowed down. If anything, my original post was just a bit of a nostalgic moment.

Eric

Deeman3
08-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Eric,

Still here, in various forms since 1998. NPR got too nasty, I check here every couple of days and, like many of you, miss the old group. Some were booted, some died and many just got tired of all the rancor, I guess.

I stay off AZ, never have posted there, I only post here on occasion and at onepocket.org.

Spiderman, Chopstick and Sid still post on the odd occasion. Wolfdancer is gone at least for a bit. I get an e-mail from SPetty every onece in a while. She just got a job I know. Ace and I just went up to memphis for a Jackson 5 one pocket weekend and met a few guys from onepocket.org for some intense 2 days long play.

I guess Derby is the next time I'll get out. The Open is just a bad time of year for me business wise, I am just too busy.

Good to see you posting.

Rich R.
08-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Deeman, the next time you communicate with SPetty, tell her we all miss her. She is one special lady and I hope she is well.

Deeman3
08-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Rich,

I will do. I know she misses everyone but perhaps, as she gets settled in her new job, she can post again.

I'll pass along everyone's best wishes. I know she plays partners with Spiderman on occasion and I think they have done pretty well.

cueball1950
08-13-2010, 10:51 AM
hi eric....i am still lurking and posting every once in a while. hope to see you and the Mrs at the open in October.........mike

08-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Mike,

Glad to see you post.

There should be a US Open thread coming up in a few weeks. Hope to see you there.

Eric

Icon of Sin
08-16-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm here. Lurking on occasion. Don't play as much anymore.

marek
08-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Hi!
Basically BD forum virtually died (at least from my observation) when new design of the forum kicked in. It was probably too much of a change for most here. The trafic here went like 80% down after the change. So I migrated to AZ Billiards forum. I still check here now and then.

Rich R.
08-19-2010, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi!
Basically BD forum virtually died (at least from my observation) when new design of the forum kicked in. It was probably too much of a change for most here. The trafic here went like 80% down after the change. So I migrated to AZ Billiards forum. I still check here now and then. </div></div>
Marek, as you can see, many of us are still here. We need more of your tournament stories to brighten up the place. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

ras314
08-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Hey Eric

First time I've looked at the forum in a year or better and see this thread!

Good to see some that used to post a lot are still around.

Rich R.
08-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Hey Roy,

It's good to see you posting on the forum again. Hope you are well.

You know, the Open is coming up soon. Are you in the mood for a little ride? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

08-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Marek,

Good to see you, Icon of Sin, KellyStick and Roy/ras314 around too.

This forum did seem to die right around 2004. I really don't know why. Then again, there is no reason for it either. Or, is that wishful thinking on my behalf?

Eric

Fran Crimi
08-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Eric, I know that for me it was taking forever to load the forum. I just got sick of it and gave up. It's better now, but every once in awhile it still takes forever. I don't know what causes that. I can't imagine it's from too much traffic at the same time. Maybe there's too much in memory and old stuff needs to be purged. I don't know but that's not a good way to run a website if you want hits.

08-23-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure why it takes your computer so long to load. Are you talking about the main page?

For that matter, I typically go directly to CCB by "bookmarking" the CCB main forum, bypassing the main page.

Eric

Rich R.
08-23-2010, 12:16 PM
The forum doesn't take long to load for me but I have to log in twice all of the time. I can see where some people would just not bother. Some of us have sent messages to the powers that be but we have not received any response or action.

Fran Crimi
08-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Eric, a couple of years ago to about a year ago it was impossible. Now it's significantly better, but depending on the time of day you're checking in it may load slower. I don't bother to wait anymore. If I don't get an immediate response from the website I'm on my way to something else. It's not my computer nor my provider.

Sev
08-23-2010, 04:49 PM
AZ's membership is up over 24,100. Some people are over at Jimbo's Army.

marek
08-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Oh, you mean my "hi people" threads? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Well the last time I posted something it was my victory 9:8 over Ralf Souquet at European pool championship from 2:7 down this april I think..not much to post since the season basically ended after EC and the new season starts here in two weeks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif But if you are interested you can watch me shoot here on my home table:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLKP-wdwu4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwUT6h-lB2g

Rich R.
08-27-2010, 10:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, you mean my "hi people" threads? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Well the last time I posted something it was my victory 9:8 over Ralf Souquet at European pool championship from 2:7 down this april I think..not much to post since the season basically ended after EC and the new season starts here in two weeks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif But if you are interested you can watch me shoot here on my home table:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLKP-wdwu4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwUT6h-lB2g </div></div>
Marek, they are a couple of nice videos. Very impressive.

Be sure to keep us posted once the new season starts.

Scott Lee
09-28-2010, 09:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ras314</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Eric

First time I've looked at the forum in a year or better and see this thread!

Good to see some that used to post a lot are still around. </div></div>

Howdy Roy! It's been a LOOONG time since we got together in El Paso, huh? Time flies. I've been away from the CCB for quite awhile. Seems like between married life, teaching, and working the tour, there isn't much time for posting. I have to admit, I spend much more time over at AzB.

Eric, Rich, Duane, Phil, RJ and everybody else...looking forward to seeing all of you next month in VA!

Scott Lee

JimS
10-11-2010, 07:40 AM
I think it was 1999 when I came aboard. This was my first forum of any kind, hell .. it was my first time on the internet in any capacity! I got hooked and in no time was getting coaching from CC. He and I had a couple of squabbles, then he passed on... and I just sort of drifted away. I also didn't care for the new format here, had some difficulties with a couple other posters, and I got angry when the old posts/pms were lost in the changeover.

I tried azb, found some of the old crowd over there, good hooked, and haven't been back to the CCB very much.

I feel like a traitor because this forum really meant a lot to me and to my growth as a person and a pool player. I learned a helluva lot from Fran, CC, Rod, Sid, Smorg and others whose names aren't coming to me right now. (I'm 67 and my memory just doesn't function like it used to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif ;).

10-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Jim, your experience is the same as mine (and, I'm sure, several others).

This forum was my first (along with Playpool.com) and has a special spot in my heart.

Eric &gt;tear jerker

eg8r
10-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Hey buddy I am still here but grew tired of the same types of questions so I don't post much on this side.

eg8r &lt;~~~growing pretty tired of the political stuff also /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ceebee
11-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi Deeman, I'm still here but I don't post very often. I was hurt in an automobile accident on 7-04-09. I'm slowly getting where I can walk.

I've partnered up with Mark Griffin of BCAPL fame & things are going well.

Glad folks are well...

Deeman3
11-18-2010, 09:51 AM
ceebee,

Sorry to hear about the accident. I miss our time in Texas and hope you mend very quickly.

Good to see you posting.

robert
11-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi Eric,

I am very new to this forum and definitely you don't know me. Reason why I am replying to your thread is- you post looked a little sentimental to me (seriously). In your recall process I want to be added as your new mate for this pool forum. A big "HI" from my side.

Rich R.
11-28-2010, 07:12 AM
Welcome to our group Robert. Kick back and enjoy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
11-28-2010, 07:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to our group Robert. Kick back and enjoy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif</div></div>

Ditto on that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

11-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Robert,

I was definitely feeling a bit nostalgic in my post. To add insult to nostalgic injury, my original user name, with my posts over 8 years was deleted. Don't know why?

Anywho, welcome to the forum! This is still a great forum, with plenty of good information and characters. hope to see you around.

Eric

Deeman3
11-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Eric,

Like you I have lost my identity on more than one occasion but, unlike you, it was mostly my fault by moving on to the next place without keeping my password or at least changing my e mail address before moving on! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I just looked and at over 5K in posts, it is probably about time I lose it again! That is the only thing that keeps me from looking like a serial poster!!

Hey, I sometimes wonder what did happen to Fasthewhowillnotbementioned but then think if I do as you say, Fastidiot, Fastidiot, Fastidiot...he may show up on my doorstep or haunt me if he is dead! An awful thought. My gauge has always been "If he can't get along with a nice guy like Eric, how many friends can he really have? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Keep posting as I have given up on the non-pool side. Although I swear I'd never think this, NotsoFastHim would be considered tame over there and we need more pool related discussion on this side.

Let me know if you make it to Derby City, I'll reserve a cold one for you.

11-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Dee, unfortunately, DCC is at a bad time of year for me. I've been wanting to go for the last 9-10 years or so, but work is too busy in Jan.

The non pool related/all political rant side is just not for me. I remember, originally, that it was started by some who wanted to keep the "pure pool related posts" in it's own forum. Looking back, that was shear genius.

Eric &gt;will buy the second round

Deeman3
11-29-2010, 06:51 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Well, keep busy but I hope you can make it one day. I think the last time I saw you was at Allen Hopkin's event many years ago.

eg8r
11-30-2010, 08:05 AM
LOL, I agree.

eg8r

Deeman3
11-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Ed,

I've decided that I just could not keep posting on NPR with what does seem to be getting more personal every week. When one "side" or the other seems to want to simply incite the other, it is not worth the time and certainly not worth angering folks I have felt a friendship with for many years.

It may sound outlandish but it almost seems that we need two NPR's, one for each side preaching to his or her choir! Then, the first on the other side to object or make a remark on the "other" side would be banned for not chiming in with a Right On, Brother! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Some, like you and Sack, of course, would be in major trouble as you often are open minded enough to see both sides.

I wish we had more pool related posts going on over here to reduce my posting withdrawal syndrome! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
12-01-2010, 08:49 AM
LOL, well I admit to being one of the bad guys but have tried to clean my posts up quite a bit. I just don't have much fun over there but this side got real boring when the Az'ers were over on this side arguing about aiming schemes. I cannot remember the one guy but he was from Az and he reminded me of gayle and lww all wrapped up in one person. He thought he knew everything there was about aiming and playing pool.

eg8r &lt;~~~thinks the idea of two NPR's is hilarious. How far down we have gone /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Fenwick
12-02-2010, 04:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, well I admit to being one of the bad guys but have tried to clean my posts up quite a bit. I just don't have much fun over there but this side got real boring when the Az'ers were over on this side arguing about aiming schemes. I cannot remember the one guy but he was from Az and he reminded me of gayle and lww all wrapped up in one person. He thought he knew everything there was about aiming and playing pool.

Could it be GetMeThere?

eg8r &lt;~~~thinks the idea of two NPR's is hilarious. How far down we have gone /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif </div></div>

eg8r
12-03-2010, 12:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could it be GetMeThere?

</div></div>I don't remember that name.

eg8r

heater451
12-20-2010, 06:21 PM
HI ALL!

I have returned to playing TAP and APA Leagues since the latest session, after a layoff of about 3 years. Some things have changed, and others stayed the same. Anyway, I just happened to recall that I still had a bookmark to the site, and I saw this thread.

Interestingly enough, I hadn't played APA in like 6 years, but I returned as an hcp-6, while I can't seem to climb back up from a 4 in TAP! Also, the APA is both 8 and 9-ball in the same night, and I somehow have won more 9-ball matches than 8, which is a major surprise to me. . . .

I will try and visit more regularly.

Also, the major things that kinda drove me away were the already mentioned: 1) Idiocy from the NPR side, 2) Lack of much new on the PR side, and 3) I really don't like this forum design that much (but I'll try to adapt).

Well, off to league!

hmmm. . .looks like I need to edit my sig for the new layout.

Rich R.
12-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Welcome back Heater. It's nice to see your name on the forum again.

12-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Wow!

Who exactly are you again?

Eric &gt;glad to see Allen

eg8r
12-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Good to see you again...

eg8r

Scott Lee
12-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Wow Al...Long time since we've heard from you! Glad to hear that things are still good for you in Hot'lanta! LOL

Scott Lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heater451</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HI ALL!

I have returned to playing TAP and APA Leagues since the latest session, after a layoff of about 3 years. Some things have changed, and others stayed the same. Anyway, I just happened to recall that I still had a bookmark to the site, and I saw this thread.

Interestingly enough, I hadn't played APA in like 6 years, but I returned as an hcp-6, while I can't seem to climb back up from a 4 in TAP! Also, the APA is both 8 and 9-ball in the same night, and I somehow have won more 9-ball matches than 8, which is a major surprise to me. . . .

I will try and visit more regularly.

Also, the major things that kinda drove me away were the already mentioned: 1) Idiocy from the NPR side, 2) Lack of much new on the PR side, and 3) I really don't like this forum design that much (but I'll try to adapt).

Well, off to league!

hmmm. . .looks like I need to edit my sig for the new layout. </div></div>

heater451
12-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Nice to see that I'm remembered, and also nice to see some of the old group around.

I also ran into cuechick/Lara a couple of months ago, downtown. She said that she hadn't been here in forever, either.

BTW, I think I still have the original Adobe Illustrator (.ai) files for the key chains and pins, if anyone needs it.

Rich R.
12-24-2010, 01:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heater451</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, I think I still have the original Adobe Illustrator (.ai) files for the key chains and pins, if anyone needs it.
</div></div>
Just hang onto that file. Although I have plenty of pins left, you never know when we will have another project. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Brian in VA
12-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Heater, you'll be glad to know that your key tag adorns my bag still and I wear a CCB pin whenever I attend the US Open.

Best,
Brian in VA

eg8r
12-28-2010, 09:35 AM
LOL, are you the one that made the CCB keychain? I have had one on my case for years and could not remember where I got it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Rich R.
12-28-2010, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, are you the one that made the CCB keychain? I have had one on my case for years and could not remember where I got it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>
Heater created the logo design for the key chain. Mike M. had the contact and got them made up and he distributed them. We later used the same logo to create the lapel pins.

marieisabelle23
01-06-2011, 04:46 AM
good

Soflasnapper
01-14-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm only on the board sporadically. Still captaining a semi-BCA rules 8-ball team with a veteran core and some great newer players as our unaffiliated league seems to decline, and have been in this league maybe 15 years. I'm into about 9 years of attending the US Open in Virginia, and hope eventually to make it to the Derby (just got some banks tapes recorded at the Derby 'cause I want to see how the big boys work this game). Valley Forge, and maybe the Tourney of Champions are the next tournaments on the wish list.

Really upped my game by attending pool school with Randy and Scott early in '10, and I'm almost approaching some slight mastery of my game now. I play with a custom Jacoby I ordered at the Open with a OB-2 shaft now taking the place of my prior Predator predeliction.

I've calmed down a little on playing to only 5 or 6 times a week, about half at home with the Gold Crown 5, about to replaced by a Diamond Pro-Am table.

I specialize in the 89 degree length of the table cuts, so don't leave me that shot!

Rich R.
01-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Phil, you really have to push Valley Forge up on your wish list. I know you enjoy shopping for pool related stuff and there is no better place in the world to shop than at the Valley Forge Super Billiards Expo.
There is also a lot of good pool to watch, both amateur and pro. You can even enter some amateur events if you want.